Pack your bags for a peaceful prairie retreat at this charming 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom Manhattan vacation rental home! Recently remodeled, this cozy cottage boasts updated furnishings and accommodations for up to 8 - perfect for families visiting their loved one at KSU. Whether you’re enjoying views of the Flint Hills from the front porch or exploring downtown Manhattan and the college campus nearby, you’ll fall in love with the simple lifestyle offered at this scenic escape!
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Hideaway Bed
Nestled on the hillside rests your Manhattan home-away-from-home, where elk and turkeys are often found grazing amidst the surrounding greenery. Watch for wildlife from the front porch, or step inside to discover a homey living space distinguished by farm-style decor, plush furnishings and a flat-screen cable TV.
An open archway seamlessly connects the living area to the fully equipped kitchen boasting modern appliances and generous counter space. Take a seat at the 2-person bar counter to keep the chef company while they cook and, for dinner, gather around the quaint dining table to discuss the night’s downtown agenda.
The covered front porch and back deck both look out to soothing prairie views that extend for miles, providing the perfect backdrop to relax outdoors. Cook out on the gas grill or gather around the fire pit as you gaze at the Flint Hills off in the distance.
When you’re ready to retire for the night, all 3 bedrooms are well-appointed with comfortable mattresses and storage space. Additional sleeping arrangements are available for 2 on the hideaway bed.
This countryside escape is located on the outskirts of Manhattan, surrounded by the tranquil sounds of nature. Explore some of the area when you stroll along the gravel road leading up to the property, or take a quick drive to the Konza Prairie Biological Station to hike the scenic trails of the tallgrass ecosystem.
For a day outside, visit the Sunset Zoo where you'll find a diverse range of mammal, reptile and bird species. Also nearby is Tuttle Creek State Park offering hunting grounds, swimming beaches and kayak rentals!
Roughly 15 minutes into town is the campus of Kansas State University, home to an art museum, insect zoo and riveting football games! While you're out, try one of the several great restaurants or breweries in the vicinity, such as Tallgrass Brewing Company and Bourbon & Baker.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen cable/Smart TV, free WiFi, central heating and air conditioning, linens and towels, washer and dryer, furnished deck, gas grill, fire pit (firewood not provided), 4 driveway parking spots and more
- Amazing Manhattan Location - 20 minutes or less from downtown Manhattan, Kansas State University campus, Tuttle Creek State Park and other area attractions
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Manhattan Regional Airport, 5500 Skyway Dr #120, Manhattan, KS 66503, (~ 4.7 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- This property can comfortably sleep 6 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 8 guests with use of the hideaway bed