Evolve Vacation Rental
- english, french, german, spanish
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Perfect getaway home for 6 people
Very nice bottom floor condo. Less than a 5 minute walk to the waterfront and to the Vons market. House had all the items needed. Beach towels, cooking utensils and some small food items, like sugar coffee, spices, etc.
Even had a washer and dryer which came in handy. Very happy with the property.
Catalina is fun!
An island experience in la county that is pretty cool, however this house is in dire need of some tlc. A good scrub at the very least, paint and a remodel would be best. The appliances are broken, the lamp in the last review is still sparking! There is no door on the big bedroom, the furniture is filthy., the house is cluttered. There was a horrible fish smell that we couldn’t get rid of. The upstairs unit is very loud, we could hear it all. Construction started early one morning. There are no views, no natural light, and on a busy, noisy street. Pretty bad.
On the positive side, the beds were clean, the manager was very sweet and brought disinfectant and febreeze, she also loaned us a golf cart. The location is superb, the island charming. We will return to Catalina but we won’t stay here again.
Michelle, we're very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay overall. We have shared your comments with the homeowner so we can work together to make the stay better for the next guests. Thank you for letting us know. Best, the Evolve Team
Good location but had some kinks to work out
We all liked that shops and restaurants were walking distance from the house, on a flat road was a bonus. The social area was large with comfortable furniture. Beds were also comfortable.
We did run into several kinks that need to be addressed.
- Half of the lights in the dining room chandelier are burnt out so we pulled a lamp from one of the bedrooms to give more light to the dining room.
-Lamps behind couch weren't plugged in. Access to them was difficult as the large sectional is up against a built-in shelf.
- In the bathroom off the kitchen the shower handle falls off while trying to open/close the door and the toilet handle must be shook to turn off
- Had to call property manager because we couldn't figure out how to work the TV remove. An instruction notebook on this along with trash/recycling and WiFi information would have been nice.
- We didn't cook any meals there but one night wanted to have appetizers and needed a can opener - none to be found. Had to use rusty pliers. Cooking options are limited. Guests should take stock before grocery shopping so they know they can fix it.
- One bedroom only has two small drawers in closet for storage
- Have to hold knob on dryer for it to work
- On/off dial on lamp between twin beds started smoking when turned on
- Hooks needed in bathroom off dining area
I highly recommend owner or property manager spend a few days living there before it gets listed again so they can see first hand these issues and possibly more. Once they get addressed, I'd recommend the unit but not until then.
Beautiful unit and comfortable accommodations with a great location to front street. Excellent communication with the property manager. Will definitely stay again.
Can’t wait to come back and stay again😁