2 comfortable rooms, nicely decorated apartment
- english, french, german, A little bit of Spanish
About DUBOSCQ Danielle
A former Normandy guide, I speak English and German and can help you plan your trip: what to see and do in the area. I have lived 16 yrs in America and know what the word comfort means.
DUBOSCQ Danielle purchased this Apartment in 2017
Why DUBOSCQ Danielle chose Bayeux
I love Bayeux, a small town not destroyed at all during WW2, it has a lot of charm, great small friendly boutiques. Easy access to all of the major sites of Normandy
What makes this Apartment unique
Location, location !!! Normally I requests a 3 nights minimum stay but should you book a guided tour with (my son's company) then 2 nights will be accepted. Also with advance notice, I will provide transfers from Bayeux train-station free of charge.
Check-out: 12:00 PM
Ok in front of sliding door outside in alley
Children not allowed
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Max guests:2 (sleeps up to 2 adults)
€200 safety deposit upon arrival, returned when leaving if everything in order
If I cannot be there to Welcome guests, there is a lock-box with a code to get keys and I come before 7.00 pm to explain how everything functions in
If touristic taxe not included in Homeaway statement then it will be collected upon departure
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Excellent stay in this Bayeaux Apartment
This little apartment was the perfect place to spend a few days while touring Normandy. Danielle was an extremely gracious and accommodating host. She gave us a very thorough tour of the apartment which was much appreciated. The small kitchen was well equipped with everything you'd need for a comfortable stay. The living room couch was super comfy to relax on after long days of touring the museums and beaches. And there is a big lovely shower! Best of all is the location. It's a short walk into town to enjoy restaurants and pubs as well as the main attractions such as the Tapestry Museum and the Notre-Dame de Bayeaux. I HIGHLY recommend staying in this charming little apartment on your next vacation!!
Merci Amanda ! It was a pleasure meeting you and your friend (great parking attendant lol)
Glad you enjoyed my place. I put in it everything I hope to find in an accommodation when traveling.
Come back any time !
Very pleasant and comfortable stay
I stayed in this apartment for 4 days while touring Bayeux, Mont St. Michel, and the D-day beach areas. I would say that I truly loved this apartment and I'll give you the reasons why.
1) The apartment was very clean and cozy. The layout and amenities of the apartment show the thoughtfulness and the consideration of the owner, Danielle. For example, during my stay it was raining at times. I found an umbrella to borrow in the entryway closet :). Another example would be that if going to market or super U grocery (within walking distance), there is a cart provided to carry the groceries. It is things like these that helped make the stay lovely.
2) Danielle offered to pick me up at Bayeux station and injured her ankle before hand. She arranged for her friend Francoise to get me at the station who is a kind and welcoming lady. She also arranged for Francoise to take me back to the station for departure.
3) Danielle left a message for me about places to go and provided suggestions for them. There is also a hand book to the apartment and how appliances and wifi work; it was very easy to understand and to get settled in.
4) Finally, the entire place is very comfortable and provided a nice resting place after walking 400 steps up Mont St Michel and D-day beaches. It is about 10-15 min walk to the center of town. Closer to 20 min walk to Bayeux Cathedral and Tappiserie.
Overall, I would strongly recommend this place if visiting Bayeux. I would stay her again without reservation, if I were ever to return to the area.
Merci dear Rachel and I wish I could have met you. But as you said Françoise was there ! Come back any time and thank you for leaving aptmt very clean !
Great place to stay
Very nice apartment, exactly as advertised. We had everything we needed, the grocery cart was a nice touch. Easy walk to downtown. Loved Bayeux.
Thank you Vera ! just saw your nice comments and I thought I had already replied...But a bit disturbed right now with my leg in a cast after a fall: fractured ankle.
Danielle is very accommodating and helpful. We had a wonderful time.
Beauty, comfort and convenience in Bayeux!
I cannot stress enough how kind and helpful Danielle was as the owner of this lovely, charming apartment. She was quickly responsive to our questions, and she offered an abundance of information for our stay in Bayeux and our visits to the surrounding D-Day sites. This apartment is perfect for its location and privacy and also offers garage parking. The kitchen was well stocked, and we loved the large shower size. We had an easy walk to the shops, restaurants, the Cathedral, the Bayeux Tapestry Museum and the Battle of Normandie Museum. Danielle's restaurant recommendations were spot on and greatly appreciated. We loved our day with her touring the D-Day beaches and the historical information she provided to us. We could not have asked for a better host and tour guide. I would not hesitate to stay in her apartment again, and I hope to do so in the future! Danielle will always have a special place in our hearts!
Thank you Bev & Scooter !
It was a pleasure having you at the apartment and during our day touring the DDay landing beaches. « Ya all come back you hear ! » I told you I speak Texan:) !
Bayeux short stay
A comfortable apartment in a quiet area, within easy walking distance of the town centre. It’s well-equipped and the associated garage is great if you have a car. Our only, tiny, tiny, quibble was that the bedroom is quite small. Overall though an excellent stay.
I could have put a smaller bed then bedroom would have seemed larger...but most of the time guests spend very little time in bedroom and the living area is quite large with a big couch in it. Thank you Derek for leaving it spotless! Come back any time !