Restore your sense of peace while staying at this 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom Delta vacation rental cottage! This quintessential southern getaway rests right on the shore of Lake Gerald and provides all the amenities of home for 8 lucky guests. Sunbathe on the private dock, canoe through the early morning mist, and watch sunsets from the furnished porch. Pay a necessary visit to Talladega Superspeedway and hike through Talladega National Forest, all easily accessible from this Alabama abode!
Bedroom 1 (Family Room): Queen Bed, Sleeper Sofa | Bedroom 2 (Wicker Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 3 (Antique Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 4 (Country Room): Queen Bed
At this picturesque property, a sense of calm flourishes through the leafy trees, slow-moving clouds, and rippling lake water nestled only feet away from the cottage. You'll immediately be enticed to walk out onto the private dock and enjoy this pristine destination for swimming, fishing, sunbathing and more!
Head inside to drop your luggage off in one of the 4 cozy bedrooms. Families will love the upstairs room featuring a queen bed, sleeper sofa, and a private entrance. Plus, enjoy access to the furnished covered porch, the perfect place to watch colorful sunsets and savor a nightcap.
You'll find everything you need for a comfortable stay in the open-concept living area, where you can relish family-friendly entertainment on the TV equipped with a DVD player and VCR and a selection of movies. Disconnect from technology and get lost in one of the provided books.
To truly appreciate the home's best features, venture outside for a peaceful ride in the canoe, leisurely swim in the cool lake water, or a prize-winning catch from your private dock. Haul your own boat and store it convenitenly on the cement boat ramp.
As the day comes to an end, relax outside on the patio while the chef prepares dinner's main course on the gas grill. Back inside, fellow guests can create complementing side dishes in the well-equipped kitchen. Once the meal is ready, savor your homemade feast at the 6-person dining table before stargazing around the fire pit.
When not enjoying yourself at the property, venture to Talladega National Forest for a scenic hike or bike ride through one of Alabama's natural treasures. Drive up to the top of Mt. Cheaha, located only 17 miles away, for spectacular views from the highest point, 2,400 feet, in the Heart of Dixie.
Less than an hour away, the Talladega Superspeedway allows you to ramp things up a notch! Pack the earplugs and sun block for an afternoon spent cheering on your favorite driver at a fast-paced Nascar race! For another fun family activity, head to Alabama Gold Camp for a chance to pan for gold and other treasures such as red garnets, citrine, and fossils.
Drive 40 minutes north to Oxford or Anniston for metropolitan luxuries including great shops at Quintard Mall and delicious restaurants at places like Cheaha Brewing Company. If antiquing is your hobby, make sure to search for hidden gems in one of the numerous stores in the area.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, cement boat ramp, covered porch and patio with outdoor seating, canoe, gas and charcoal grill, TV equipped with DVD player and VCR, selection of movies and books, in-unit laundry machines, 3 driveway parking spots, and much more
- Peaceful waterfront Delta location - Enjoy fishing, swimming, canoeing, and much more while staying at this great rental property close to Talladega National Forest, Talladega Superspeedway, and metropolitan luxuries in Anniston
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Anniston Regional Airport - 2504 Anniston Airport Blvd, Oxford, AL 36203, (~26.8 miles away) OR Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport - 5900 Messer Airport Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35212 (~82.5 away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in