Welcome to Great River House, a luxury 5 bedroom private villa located on five acres of gently sloping land with sea view in Montego Bay. Great River House is the stunning product of a massive renovation in 2008. Great River House is located in a private gated neighborhood of other upscale villas, the entire property is fenced and entered through wrought iron gates, ensuring complete privacy. Grounds include a hard-surface tennis court and a spacious grassy lawn with badminton and croquet. Royal Palms, citrus and pimento trees are gently lit each evening.
Locally-crafted mahogany furniture reflects an old Jamaica ambience, complemented by contemporary designer fabrics, a chefs kitchen, and Kohler en-suite bathrooms with water tiles. Interiors are distinguished by artwork by famous illustrator Arthur Taylor, George Rodrique and original botanical and Jamaican watercolors and oils. The large serpentine pool features an infinity waterfall edge, fountain, expansive stone terrace and divided shallow childrens pool. Candlelight dinners are served in an interior air-conditioned dining room where guests may enjoy a view over the pool and its infinity edge to the sea beyond. Meals may also be served al fresco on the 2,400-square-foot pool terrace. The chef treats guests to fresh fish and grilled lobster, and everyone's favorite, jerk pork and chicken prepared on our own jerk drum.
Various nooks and crannies are thoughtfully provided for individual escapes. A flower-filled side courtyard with out-door shower offers a special hideaway for rejuvenating spa treatments on request.
STAFF When you stay at Great River House you will be personally taken care of by our wonderful team of staff that includes our chef, butler, housekeepers/laundress, gardener and night manager. They will cater for your every need and ensure your fantastic time at Great River House.
• 5-bedroom, 5 full en-suite baths, 2 half baths, 7,500-square-foot private villa on 5 acres
• excellent gated neighborhood of other upscale villas
• private tennis court with pro on call (court resurfaced in November 2013)
• badminton, croquet and bocce ball
• full staff: chef, butler, housekeepers/laundress, gardener, night manager
• Rate includes COMPLIMENTARY fulltime driver
• air-conditioned family room with entertainment center
• bar and icemaker
• complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
• cable televisions and DVD player
• CD player and 4-speaker sound system with iPod, iPad and flash drive connection. Two additional outdoor speakers for your iPad and iPod. Speakers can be separated and used at tennis court, pool deck or private courtyard garden.
• child friendly: large lawn, swing, crib, high chair, stroller, books, games, DVDs, kiddie pool area
• Jamaican fire pit for bonfires, story-telling, smores and marshmallow roasts
• Round Hill membership: complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail, Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, fitness room, tennis, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri
Round Hill Hotel and Beach Club Membership
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Round Hill offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party and Friday Jamaica Night).