Experience the great outdoors at this 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental house perfect for a forested family retreat to northern Vermont! This spacious 1,800-square-foot home offers 6 lucky guests a range of classic, yet comfortable home furnishings, such as a red brick gas fireplace, tall wood-beam ceilings, and lush alpine surroundings. Whether you're looking to fish at Green River Reservoir or ski down Stowe Mountain Resort, this home-away-from-home has it all!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 3: Full Bed
Nestled in the green northern Vermont landscape, this hidden gem welcomes you with a charming furnished porch and peaceful wooded surroundings. Inside, you’ll find tall exposed beam vaulted ceilings, a statement spiral staircase, and cozy furnishings to further enhance your Vermont escape.
Roll out of bed early to prepare breakfast for the whole group in the fully equipped kitchen, outfitted with a 4-burner electric stovetop, oven, toaster, and a 4-person wooden dining room table! If the weather permits, crack open the kitchen door and bring your meal out to a chair on the deck to watch for wildlife while you enjoy your hearty meal for an authentic country experience!
Afternoons at the house are best spent warming up around the gas fireplace in the living room, with a hot toddy in hand. The cozy den next to the living space features an LCD flat-screen Smart HDTV, a selection of books and games, a stereo, as well as 2 comfortable couches - perfect for enjoying a midday nap or getting caught up on your favorite book.
When you feel your stomach start to grumble, throw some coals on the charcoal grill and begin to prepare a delicious spread for dinner.
Cap off the night with s'mores around the fire pit and gaze out at the star-lined Vermont sky! If you start to feel tired from your adventure-filled day, walk up the spiral staircase to one of 2 comfortably furnished bedrooms to prepare for a restful slumber on the silky smooth sheets. If you desire more privacy, the third bedroom is located on the opposite side of the home.
Ice cream lovers rejoice at the proximity of this home to the original Ben & Jerry's factory, located 38-minutes away in Waterbury. The plant offers guided tours that conclude with an ice cream sampling, or you can skip the tour and try the 20 scoop monster known as the Vermonster.
This is a skiers paradise with easy access to 3 ski resorts! There's no better place to get your turns in than Stowe Mountain Resort throughout winter. Drive 37 minutes to access both of these mountains that boast over 100 trails, shops, and a variety of delicious eateries! For a different experience, Smugglers' Notch is just 25 minutes away while Jay Peak is only 35 minutes away and offers an indoor waterpark for those who want to skip the slopes!
If you're looking to cast a line during the summer, look no further than the Green River Reservoir State Park located 18 minutes away. This beautiful state park offers ample space to swim, hike, canoe, or set up a scenic picnic and take in the view!
Throughout the area, a wide variety of hiking trails and other activities abound! Whether you want to snow shoe, cross-country ski, ride a horse-drawn sleigh, or enjoy a leisurely stroll while window shopping in a quaint Vermont village, this is a perfect place to enjoy the outdoors.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, large front deck, rustic decor, complimentary toiletries, fire pit, charcoal grill, gas fireplace, plenty of gravel & grass vehicle parking, telescope, 22-inch flat-screen LCD HD antenna TV, en-suite bathroom, in-unit laundry facilities, and much more!
- Fantastic Hyde Park location only 7 minutes from the city center for access to grocery stores, gas, coffee shops, CVS & RiteAid, an old-time movie theater, and other conveniences - Close to the original Ben & Jerry's factory, Stowe Mountain Resort, Smugglers' Notch, Jay Peak, Burlington, Montpelier, Green River Reservoir, and a variety of delicious local restaurants & cafes!
- The house sits on ten (10) acres but it is difficult terrain. There are a plethora of places to hike within a short drive that are much more rewarding!
- No smoking
- Dog friendly with $75 per stay fee (no cats)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that in the winter months, cleared pathways to the door aren't always guaranteed. Travelers may be responsible for shoveling the pathway to the front door. Shovels and snowmelt will be provided
- Please make sure blankets are unplugged when not in use and candles and gas fire place extinguished when when you are not in the room
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in