About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 - 14 nights
Villa, 6 Bedrooms, 7.0 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 14)
About Frankfort on the Beach
17th Century fortress restored as a remarkable private home on a perfect private Caribbean beach.
Read about this historic villa from an article in Jamaque magazine.
* full staff: chef, sous chef, butlers, gardener, housekeeper/laundress
* 8 person hot tub overlooking the sea
* sea kayaks, children’s beach toys, table tennis, volleyball for beach or lawn
* complimentary horseback ride and jitney (tractor drawn carriage) tour of the Prospect Estate
* shared tennis court 5 minute walk, balls and 4 tennis racquets provided
* 6 flat screen satellite televisions, 1 piano
* wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
* NordicTrack Incline and Weslo Cadence fitness equipment
* child friendly: 2 complimentary cribs, 1 complimentary high chair, 3 sofa beds
* electronic gate, safes in bedroom closets
* completely private, yet minutes from shopping and activities in lively Ocho Rios
* complimentary roundtrip airport transfers included with 7 night rental (Montego Bay airport or Kingston airport)
* complimentary VIP Arrival and Departure service included with 7 night rental (limited space available)
* complimentary massage for one guest; massage is 1 hour long and offered to one client per booking. For additional services there will be an additional cost.
* Frankfort Villa and Grounds
Frankfort is a 17th Century fortress, brilliantly restored as a remarkable four-bedroom home on a beautiful Caribbean beach.
Today, Frankfort is a paradigm of 21st Century laid-back elegance. A brilliant half million dollar renovation introduced Italian Travertine floors, chic and comfortable sitting areas in crisp white fabrics, and stunning Euro-style modern bedrooms with all new en-suite bathrooms and glass-wall showers. All furniture and fabrics were imported from the UK and Europe, many having been designed exclusively for Frankfort by Caroline Shasha Interiors of London. The original two-foot thick rough stone walls and gun slots are still in place, reminders of Frankfort’s days as a British fort defending against Spanish invaders and pirates. Two old cannons were dug up from the beach and now hold reign squarely on the lawn.
Floor-to-ceiling bookcases divide the ground floor into two sections: one, an elegant inside dining space and dimly-lit bar ~ the other, a comfy living room, television, music and games area. The 80’ Travertine and old stone verandah is furnished from the stylish Dedon Collection from Germany. This covered porch is the gathering area for drinks, hors d’oeuvres and al fresco dining as the sun sets over Frankfort’s beach.
The beach is soft, the swimming water is wonderful. The gardener will place comfortable beach chaises in the sun or under thatch umbrellas. The staff may surprise you with a torchlight beach feast one night. 300 yards offshore is a live reef; snorkels and masks are provided. On request, the butler will hire jet skis, hobie cats, sea bikes, sailfish, a sunset booze cruise or a deep-sea fishing boat. Most water sports can be paid by credit card at the nearby Prospect Plantation Office. Nearby attractions include tubing on the White River, shopping in Island Village, swimming with dolphins, walking up famous Dunn’s River Falls, and touring Prospect Plantation (the original Great House up the mountain).
For decades, Sir Harold and Lady Mary Mitchell hosted an array of renowned guests. A peek at the leather-bound guest book hints at a fascinating history. Frankfort was a holiday retreat of Winston Churchill, Queen Mary, Prince Edward, Princess Alice, Secretary-General U Thant, the Archduke and Archduchess of Austria, Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, Prime Minister Michael Manley, Dr. Henry Kissinger, Sir Noel Coward, Bryan Adams and Drew Barrymore, to name a few. Old photos of celebrity guests still sit atop the piano.
Accommodations in the Main House
Each bedroom in the main house has a flat screen television and opens through double doors to the 80' balcony and ocean view. Each bathroom has chic Euro-design Grohe fixtures, double-basin vanity and glass-wall shower. While all bedrooms have blackout curtains and remote-control quiet air conditioning, you may opt to sleep with doors open to the sound of waves lapping on the beach.
Master Bedroom - 460 sq ft
Kingsize bed, walk-in closet, en-suite Travertine bathroom, glass-wall rainfall shower plus separate bathtub.
Middle Bedroom - 240 sq ft
Optional kingsize or twin beds plus double sofa bed, walk-in closet, glass and tile walk-in shower.
End Bedroom - 400 sq ft
Optional kingsize or twin beds plus queensize sofa bed, glass and tile walk-in shower.
Accommodations in the Schoolhouse
A cut stone path leads 60 feet across the lawn to the old Schoolhouse, built in 1953 for the Mitchells’ only daughter, Mary Jean. While Sir Harold and Prime Minister Churchill were meeting in the main house, little Mary Jean’s care and education were looked after here by her nanny and her tutor. Some years later, a second story was added and the Schoolhouse was converted to an air-conditioned cottage with Frankfort’s fourth bedroom.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with double-basin marble vanity and walk-in shower. Overlooks the beach and ocean.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, en-suite bathroom with double-basin marble vanity and walk-in shower. Overlooks the beach and ocean.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with double-basin marble vanity and walk-in shower. Opens onto the beach. Access to this bedroom is through the ground floor living room with television and mini fridge.
Maximum desired occupancy in Frankfort is 12 adults and 2 children. Its sister house, Emerald Seas, is ½ mile west of Frankfort, a two-minute drive.
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
* All rates quoted in USD. * Please inquire for per bedroom rates for less than maximum occupancy * Rates are subject to change without notice Required Fees * Service: %5.00 (Percentage of Rent & Taxable Fees)