Nestled on its own sandy beach by the blue waters of Discovery Bay, A Summer Place is a spacious and playful family home. The design is of typical Caribbean gingerbread style with hand-carved fretwork trimming the length of the house.
* deluxe 7-bedroom, 9-bathroom beachfront villa on Discovery Bay
* staff of 5: butler, cook, housekeeper, laundress, gardener
* 100' private beach and over-the-water gazebo
* 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor living space
* 16' x 32' swimming pool
* poolside bar
* private tennis court lit for night play
* air-conditioned gym with treadmill and elliptical machine
* complimentary international calls to US, Canada and land lines in the UK
* sea kayaks, snorkeling equipment, pool floats
* DSS satellite dish, televisions, VCR, video library, CD player
* complimentary laptop computer and DSL Internet connection
* wonderful for families ~ children welcome!
Nestled on its own sandy beach by the blue waters of Discovery Bay, A Summer Place is a spacious and playful family home. The design is of typical Caribbean gingerbread style with hand-carved fretwork trimming the length of the house. The large open plan living room features an entertainment center with a 30" DSS television, VCR and assortment of videos for all ages. French doors open from the living room to a 1,500-square-foot furnished verandah. Charmingly draped with beautiful Thunbergia blossoms, the verandah is the heart of this happy home. On this covered terrace, guests can read, play games, snooze and watch hummingbirds feed on the flowers or just take in the magnificent beauty all around ... while being quite near the action at the private pool and beach.
All around are mesmerizing panoramas of azure water and lush green hills. Multicolored bougainvillea, hibiscus, sea grape, almond, ginger lilies and coconut adorn the manicured grounds. A large side yard invites playful children to romp to their hearts' content.
Mouth watering home-cooked meals include Jamaican, American and Continental specialties. Memorable meals are served on the terrace or in the more formal dining area on a 250-year-old family heirloom table that seats 14. On special occasions, dinner is served in the pool gazebo or in the main gazebo at the end of the jetty. The waterfront gazebo is also a favorite spot for massages, cocktails and watching glorious sunsets across the bay.
From the pool terrace, it's only a few steps onto the 100' white sand beach. Guests are invited to use the snorkeling equipment and sea kayaks for great fun on the beautiful water here.
If you ever wish to leave A Summer Place during your vacation, colorful Ocho Rios is just 25 minutes east of Discovery Bay.
Six large bedrooms are in the main house. Each bedroom offers state-of-the-art remote control air conditioning, fine linens and a cheerful assortment of colors. A seventh bedroom is in the converted garage nearby.