Let your worries float away in the Carrabelle River as you relax at 'The Belle,' a large 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental home that sleeps 5. Treat yourselves to a peaceful getaway in a grand old house that exudes as much historic charm and character as the little fishing town it calls home. Admire the best views in town from 1,200 square feet of covered porch space where you can watch stunning sunsets - all from an unforgettable retreat on Florida's Forgotten Coast.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed, Twin Sofa Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
This 1,950-square-foot hideaway is perched high on an ancient sand dune offering total privacy while being right in town. Ideal for 2 couples, the home features a split floor plan with bedrooms on opposite sides of the home. The more spacious master bedroom has an en-suite bath and flat-screen TV. The second bedroom is adjacent to another full bathroom and laundry facilities.
The Belle boasts most of its original early 1900’s architecture and charm, yet top to bottom restoration completed in 2017 includes all the modern-day amenities expected for an easy vacation. Guests rave about the extensive wraparound porches and panoramic views of the sun setting over the Carrabelle Harbor. Outfitted with rockers, chairs, hammocks, fans, lights, and a swing, you won’t want to leave!
The kitchen is fully equipped with stainless steel appliances, cherry cabinetry, and expansive granite counters to ensure that cooking for a crowd can be done with ease. Local seafood is available for purchase just blocks away or feast on your own catch. Enjoy your gourmet delights in the formal dining room or wine and dine al fresco on the screened porch.
Carrabelle is a naturalist’s dream and The Belle is an ideal central location for exploring Florida’s Forgotten Coast. Nestled on the edge of Tate's Hell State Forest and Apalachicola National Forest, the region hosts some of Florida’s best bird-watching, hiking trails, and bike routes. Boating, from kayaking and canoeing to deep sea fishing and sunset cruises, are favored by locals and visitors alike.
White sand beaches are the pride and joy of Florida's Gulf Coast. Stay local at Carrabelle Beach, just 5 minutes away, or venture to St. George's Island, with pristine beaches ranked among the Top 10 Beaches of America for several years, only 25 minutes away.
Fishing is another main attraction in Carrabelle. The Belle has plenty of space to store your boat trailer on-site and is just 1 block from a public ramp and public fish cleaning station. Rentals and charters are readily available too. Spend a rejuvenating day at nearby Dog Island, a beautiful island known for its great shelling, crabbing, bird-watching and shore fishing - only accessible by boat.
Stroll into town to live like a local for the day. Visit the quaint shops, restaurants, museums, a large park and playground, and the friendly little library. Be sure to stop by Carrabelle’s claim to fame: The World's Smallest Police Station, for a that memorable photo.
Enjoy championship golf at St. James Bay Golf Resort, just east of town. They also offer tennis courts and a restaurant serving 3 meals. Day trip favorites include Wakulla Springs State Park, Florida’s capitol city of Tallahassee, Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratory, St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, and Apalachicola, to name a few.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with cherry cabinetry and stainless steel appliances, free WiFi, 2 flat-screen TVs with Netflix, in-unit laundry machines, expansive screened and open porch space, gas grill, boat trailer parking, beach chairs, beach umbrella, and much more!
- Picturesque Carrabelle location - Perched atop a sand dune overlooking the harbor/river
- No smoking
- No pets allowed. Additional cleaning fees will be assessed if evidence of a pet is found
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Children are welcome but please note the yard is not suitable for play. Porches and large parking lot are fine for play and there is a playground 1 block away – please ask for details
- The maximum occupancy for this property is flexible with prior homeowner approval (fees may apply)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in