1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
- english, german
I'm Emmy and I'm an artist. I live and work in Amsterdam downtown.
Emmy purchased this Apartment in 2013
Why Emmy chose Amsterdam-Centrum
I fell in love with Amsterdam, especially with this unique part of the center. After a lot of travelling, this place felt like home.
What makes this Apartment unique
This first floor apartment in a historic canal house, is located in a quiet and very popular residential area on the Amsterdam city island 'Prinseneiland', The island is like an old fashioned village within the center of Amsterdam, and is inhabited by a nice mixture of artists, expats and traditional Amsterdam people, close to the canals and main city’s attractions, shops, restaurants and bars.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Quiet and comfortable
Property was in a nice and quiet area.
Emmy was very helpful.
Easy walk to city station and convenient tram and bus services.
Super market close.
Great little place.
We enjoyed our stay at Amy's place. It was compact yet didn't feel crowded. We were surprised that there was no freezer in the refrigerator. The art piece done by Amy was fantastic, she's a great artist! For the little time that we spent in the home it was perfect!
Lovely house in a nice quiet area
We spent three nights. Bed was comfortable. It was a convenient location. Kitchen area was clean and adequate.
Cleanest and cutest place to stay!
I was so delighted my stay at Emmy's flat in Amsterdam! Where to begin?!
First I will provide would be travelers with a couple notes that you may not be aware of but should be expected in any older building in Europe:
- there is no air conditioning
- there is no elevator (there is a flight of stairs)
- kitchen is small
Ok now that you're expectations are set ;-) here is what makes this apartment the best ever:
- Emmy lives in the same building, owns the whole building for that matter so you need not fear for your reservation as you could in an illegal rental unit in Europe. She is also available if any needs arise.
- the building is very quite. Emmy is the quietest upstairs neighbor and the flat is on a very quiet island/street in the city with very little car and for traffic.
- the apartment is recently renovated and everything is very very clean and in good working order (June 2019).
- there is English language tv and good speed WiFi
- location is amazing! It's only 6 minute walk to the washing company (9 Euro they will wash, dry and folks your clothes!!) And to a Mediterranean bakery for coffee and breakfast
- 15 minute walk to EVERYTHING else: Central station, Anne frank house, canal tours, red light district, etc
- we took a bus from Central station but never bothered with public transport after that.
I must be forgetting something... :-) I'd stay here again if ever I visit Amsterdam!
Excellent location, charming real Amsterdam apartment
Our host, Emmy, was available with with quick responses to all sorts of questions before our arrival. The apartment up one flight of stairs is well suited to a couple, and offered all that we needed. It is not large, but it is enough. A couple of minor issues were resolved very quickly. Local dining recommendations were so good that we ate at the same place 3 times in a week (The Blue Head). Grocery shopping is only a few minutes away, as are choices of bus stops. You can easily walk to Centraal station in under 15 minutes and be whisked all over the country. We visited the city for 3 days and then took trains/buses to the north, south and west on other days. It was always a pleasure to return "home" after a busy day exploring. The neighbourhood is very quaint and traditional, and was quiet and picturesque. Lots of houseboats, and a Yellow Submarine within a block! We would not hesitate to recommend this apartment and Emmy!
(nearby central station/museums/shops/restaurants)