Welcome to our personal retreat in the Catskills! Completely private and set on an acre overlooking the Hudson Valley. Perfect for a romantic retreat, ski, fall or summer trip with friends, or family getaway. Only 2 hours from the George Washington Bridge in NYC. Professionally cleaned before every stay; property manager lives only a few minutes from the house.
NOTE: The hot tub will not be operational between June 21 and September 2nd.
This classic log cabin will be your perfect home base for hiking, skiing, wine-tasting, or just relaxing while soaking in the natural mountain surroundings. Although situated only 10 minutes from downtown Windham with access to a main road, this house is perfectly secluded and enjoys incredible quietude due to being on the side of Mt. Pisgah, surrounded only by thick forest and beautiful farmland. Out back, a private hot tub sits on the remodeled cedar stained deck, overlooking a stone fire pit and a star-studded view that stretches all the way to Massachusetts. In the summer, picnic and play games on a sprawling lawn.
Inside, a fully stocked kitchen (including spices, coffee, and other essentials) and wood-burning majestic stone fireplace await cozy days spent holed up. Four bedrooms with queen-size memory foam beds (one of which has a twin bed bunked above it) and fresh organic cotton linens will easily accommodate you and your friends. Two charming bathrooms offer updated rain head showers. A wood stove in the upstairs master bedroom provides a warm and romantic ambiance. Enjoy a home-cooked meal in the stunning window-filled dining room which easily seats eight.
Upstairs, there is a TV Room with all comfy oversized couches; there are comfortable and lovingly maintained furnishings, beds and linens throughout the house.
There are incredible hiking, biking, skiing and countless other activities in the area. We have a list of our favorite things to do nearby, including favorite restaurants, plus more photos at our site online; follow us on Instagram at @coziestcatskillcabin and click through to our website.
Some things to note:
(1) For summer renters, please note that the house does not have air conditioning. The cabin is situated on the side of a mountain which is usually 10 or 15 degrees cooler than the valley floor. There are ceiling fans throughout the house.
(2) We have done our best to update the house with modern comforts! That being said, the house is in a rural area so internet speeds are not as fast as they are in the city. We have found that the internet is reliable enough to check emails or work remotely.
(3) While the house is finished and fully insulated, and cleaned for every renter, it is located in the mountains and (depending on the time of year), some critters do find their way into the home despite our best efforts and pest-proofing. Again, we have found that being careful about food clean-up and securing doors/windows (especially at night) minimizes any issues.
(4) The basement houses our washer and dryer and extra supplies are also kept down there. However, we ask that renters access the basement via the house and do not use the garage door, which is currently due for repair. As noted in our house manual you will receive when you book, we also ask that you do not park cars in the garage/driveway and only park in the designated area.
(5) Use of the hot tub and fire pit are at renters' own risk.
We love our home and want to be upfront with our renters. We hope you will come and love it as much as we do!