Explore Tahoe National Forest and all its wonders from ‘Golden Bears Lair,’ a 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom Truckee vacation rental house. With 2,000 square feet of rustic living space, this property invites 12 guests to a semi-secluded, Sierra Nevada retreat. Get in touch with nature from the home’s expansive deck overlooking the woods, or venture out onto the nearby hiking trails for a closer look. Aside from hiking, this property also offers easy access to golfing, fishing, skiing and so much more!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed, Twin Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 4: Full Futon Bed, 2 Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds |
Outfitted with mountain-themed decor, wood-paneled ceilings and comfortable furnishings, the home’s interior embodies a warm, cabin-like feel for a comfortable stay in the mountains.
Prepare a hearty breakfast and hiking snacks for the long day ahead in the fully equipped kitchen, complete with modern appliances and natural wood elements. Take a seat at the eating counter to dig in or gather your loved ones around the dining table for a more formal meal.
The free-flowing layout seamlessly connects the kitchen to the living area, which is highlighted by 3 plush sofas, a pellet stove and a flat-screen cable TV. After a long day spent outdoors, get a fire started in the pellet stove before curling up in front of the TV and settling in for a movie.
On a warm night, move the festivities outside onto the expansive deck, situated below a canopy of towering trees. Revel in the fresh scent of pine and serene forest views as your group shares highlights from the day’s lake adventure.
Retreat to the bedrooms once the evening’s entertainment has come to a close. All 4 bedrooms offer plush beds for comfortable slumbers and plenty of storage for all your gear.
Start your vacation off with a trip to Donner Lake, deemed “The Jewel of the Northern Sierra.” Here, you can enjoy a lakeside picnic or climb to the top of Donner Peak for remarkable views from above.
Truckee and its surrounding areas transform into a true winter wonderland come the colder season. Check out Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort, Squaw Valley Ski Resort or Northstar California for world-class skiing and other seasonal sports.
While the golfers in your group play a few holes at Tahoe Donner Golf Course or Coyote Moon Golf Course, you and the rest of the pack can explore Historic Downtown Truckee, where you’ll find unique shops and museums, along with a plethora of dining options.
Begin your action-packed day with a filling breakfast at Squeeze In, while for a night out enjoy live music at Moody's or visit Tacos Jalisco for some authentic Mexican cuisine. The Lodge at Tahoe Donner offers great food and drinks for happy hour all week long!
Be sure to take advantage of the various community amenities that will be available to you during your stay. The community offers an equestrian center for horseback riding during summer and cross country skiing in the winter months. You can always relax and spend balmy days cooling off by the pool, or soak in the hot tub to keep warm in the colder months.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, central heating, on-site laundry facilities, free WiFi, flat-screen cable TV, pellet stove, furnished deck, snow toys, paddles, inner tube, boardgames and more
- Community amenities include a hot tub, swimming pool, tennis courts, beach club, golf course, spa and fitness center, equestrian center and cross country skiing
- Amazing Truckee location - Easy access to tons of area activities, including skiing, boating, fishing, hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding. Minutes away from casinos, shops and restaurants
- Closest Commercial Airport: Reno-Tahoe International Airport - 2001 E Plumb Ln, Reno, NV 89502 (~ 41.3 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet Friendly with $50 fee per stay (maximum 2 dogs)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Due to the extremely high fire danger in Northern California, use of the outdoor grill and fire pit in the backyard is strictly prohibited
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in