Settle in this calm local neighbourhood at 50 meters from a natural little sand beach in southern Moorea.
The fully equipped and entirely private house is great for both active and relaxed couples and small families, nature-lovers, hikers, surfers and those looking for a tropical time out.
Close to all commodities at 10-15 minutes to major attractions and only 1 minute from grocery stores, food trucks and a fish & burger restaurant.
The spacious garden and terrace are inviting you outdoors!
This charming house is the perfect comfortable home base from which to explore our island!
It offers everything you need to enjoy and replenish, plan your trip, keep in touch with family & friends and take some gorgeous beach selfies at only 50 meters.
Way off the tourist tracks you will live in a small and calm path with few neighbours and enjoy the large green garden and shady terrace for barbecues and outdoor meals.
The comfortable living room offers up to date tourist information, guides, maps and our best insider tipps.
It only takes a 15 minute drive to arrive in the center of sightseeing & attractions: snorkeling with stingrays and sharks, souvenir shops, restaurants, hotel bars, hikes and excursions.
The whole island tour (60 km) takes about an hour and you will love how close you will feel to everything there is to see.
Moorea for sure will find a way into your heart.
We can house up to 5 people (children counted*) and provide linen & towels throughout your stay.
Toiletries like soap and shampoo will be provided to get you started smoothly.
Two grocery stores offering everything you need are located at only a minute drive.
*Please note that the house is accessed by stairs and that there is no banister on the terrace.
You will surely love to visit:
- our local sand beach at 50 meters from the house. The shallow water is great for families with children.
- the surfspots of Atiha & Haapiti (1,5 km from each)
- "Painapo Beach" traditional restaurant and fantastic snorkeling beach at 7 minutes
- Tiki Village local dance theatre at 7 minutes
- Snorkeling with wild stingrays and sharks at a 15 minutes
- Lagoonarium natural wildlife exploration at 10 minutes
- Cross island hike with fantastic view just in front of the house (3-4h total)
fully equipped kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer
comfortable couches, reading corner, tourist guides, television, wifi
spacious terrasse with large table & cozy corner
linen & towels provided
large green garden with barbecue, furniture & parking for 3 cars.
a save to keep your passport & valuables
The house is entirely private and all yours.
The master bedroom sleeps two people. Two additional people can retreat to the upstairs mezzannine. A fold out couch in the living room sleeps another person.
You will also have access to a private safe located in the bedroom.
I will be happy to help you plan your trip and share all information about what we enjoy most about our island!
You will be able to reach me everyday by phone or email. If you wish I will provide a local mobile phone with important phone numbers saved. A local simcard only costs about 8 USD.
(October 2017) We will be adding a water pump as soon as possible for this brandnew listing. HOT WATER pressure may be low at some times.
Please note that the house, terrace and mezzanine are accessed by stairs. There is no banister on the terrace.
Explore amazing Moorea from our lovely local home!
We love being located on the calm side of the island off the tourist tracks and still so close to everything there is to see!
For a 3 nights stay we suggest:
1. island tour by car. Stop & take hundreds o breathtaking pictures anywhere on the road! Stop at viewpoints, try local marmelades at the agricultural college, discover vanilla and pineapple plantations...
2. a half-day boat trip. Hang out with dolphins, stingrays, sharks and -from july until october- whales!
Top that with some relaxed snorkeling around the little Motu isles, a protected wildlife area. Picnic on the beach or dine at one of the luxury hotels.
3. Fully benefit from our amazing public beaches! Rent a kayak or SUP at Mareto beach and explore the bay and coral garden. Don't leave before sunset and take the most breathtaking photograph in your whole collection!
You will surely choose to rent a car or scooter for most of your stay. Getting around the island is effortless, the whole island tour is only 60 km. You might also choose to rent a bike and discover the sourroundings. Kayaks, SUP and motor boats can be rented at all major beaches.