|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The Collector's House, located at 209 W. South Street, is a 1325 square-foot, 2-story masonry “shotgun row house” built in 1920, with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and original heart pine floors. (It is the right hand side of a duplex.)
Completely renovated in early 2013, this high-ceilinged, sun-filled house has been furnished to provide a relaxing, attractive oasis to guests, with all the comforts of home.
The Collector's House is decorated with many unusual objects from the quirky and eclectic collections of the owner's father, a true Renaissance man and self-professed 'Master Pack Rat.' (You can't take it all with you, but you CAN leave it to your children...)
The Collector's House has beds for 6 and an additional inflatable airbed which can be set up in the dining room or living room.
Although children are permitted as guests at The Collector's House, the home is NOT recommended for toddlers or pre-school-age children. Because there are many fragile pieces of art and collectibles in the house within arms' reach, children should either be newborns or older children who are not inclined to touch everything they see!
For more information, look at the detailed listing for The Collector's House at FrederickVacationRentals website.
I am an enthusiastic traveler and have been booking my extended family’s vacations online for many years. Before each trip, I spend countless hours researching unique and comfortable hideaways for us to inhabit – in part because I am an online travel junkie, but mostly because I believe that the quality of the accommodations is a huge contributor to the success of any vacation. It's so much easier exploring new worlds when one's family has a comfortable place to sleep, bathe, decompress, and plan the next day's adventures.
And even more than I love exploring other parts of the planet, I love introducing and sharing Frederick (my part of the planet since 1974) with others. I knew
from day one that Frederick County had a very special charm. To me, it has only gotten more charming (and considerably more diverse) in the past 39 years.
Presently, Frederick has no downtown hotel and just two popular downtown B&B’s. I was surprised to discover that there is a dearth of short-term furnished properties or vacation homes available to rent in the downtown area – a huge
omission, from my perspective, because Frederick City and Frederick County are wonderful places for extended visits.
At a crossroads in my life, I decided that something needed to be done about this.
Thus the birth of Frederick Vacation Rentals
Owner/Property Manager purchased this house in 2012
Stay here and...
- Walk downtown for coffee and bagels in the morning.
- Sit in a Market Street sidewalk cafe (Cacique, Isabella's) and people watch.
- In cold weather, sit inside at a window seat table (Tasting Room, Olives, Firestones) and people watch.
- Enjoy the downtown festivities and late night shopping on Frederick's First Saturdays (every month of the year!)
- Explore dozens of wonderful restaurants and hundreds of interesting shops.
- See a performance in Frederick's Theatre District (yes, we DO have one!)
- Visit the brand new Frederick Visitor's Center on East Street, see the 13 minute movie and find out how many fantastic things there are to do in Frederick City and County!
- Visit the National Museum of Civil War Medicine on Patrick Street.
- Take a leisurely walk or bike ride in Frederick's city-long linear park, Baker Park.
- Take the Frederick Wine Tour or visit one of our three microbreweries.
- Take a Ghost Tour on a dark and stormy night (available every weekend from spring-fall).
- Follow the Visitor's Center Treasure map through Frederick's historic downtown.
- Look up the many special events going on in town on the City's Office of Special Events Website: the Festival of the Arts, Fourth of July, the In the Street Festival, Holidays events all December.
- Attend the Great Frederick Fair in September and Frederick's two Oktoberfests in - you guessed it - October!
- Tour the Delaplaine Art Museum and Frederick's many ecclectic art galleries.
- Hear some live music at the Frederick Coffee House, Cafe Nola, Brewer's Alley, The Blueside Tavern,, Firestones, Cellar Door, Cafe 611, to name just a few of many venues.
- Check out the Children's Museum at Rose Hill Manor, the Taney House, the Frederick Historical Society, the Hessian Barracks.
- Read the Frederick Magazine and the Frederick Newspost - you just won't believe how neat this area is - and you'll want to come back again and again!
Three 50-something girlfriends met and stayed at the Collector's House for the weekend of the Holiday House Tour in downtown Frederick in early December. It was a perfect place for us to spend the weekend. It was close enough to walk to downtown (what a lovely city!) and there were several nice local restaurants as well. The home offered plenty of room to each have our own space and then convene over coffee in the morning in the dining room and hang out in the living room in the evenings. It has a very nice front porch for the warmer weather. The home was clean and Nancy made it very welcoming even stocking the home with wine, beer and soda for purchase which was a nice convenience.
The Collector's House was a great place for two couples to stay for a weekend in Frederick! There was privacy and separate bathrooms for each couple but nice gathering areas (inside and out) as well. We really enjoyed ourselves at two recommended nearby restaurants (The Black Hog BBQ and Il Porto). There were extra touches in the property that made it very interesting to us as we stayed there!. Nancy, the owner, was very communicative and helpful throughout the rental process.
The only issue was the traffic noise in the front bedroom. If you're a light sleeper, choose the queen bedroom at the back of the house and forego the king bedroom at the front. The Collector's House is on a busy street and loud vehicles roar by at all hours of the night!
The kitchen is well stocked and includes a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. In case you forget to stop for beer, wine or bottled water they are available for a very reasonable price (chilling in the frig). It was really nice to have a powder room on the main floor. It was very convenient having the parking space (2) at the back of the yard. Small, but adequate back yard for relaxing. All mattresses were very comfortable! Perfect for our girlfriends weekend. Nancy, the owner, was great to work with. Everything was very easy to arrange. Great downtown Frederick location. It's on a busy street so traffic can be a little loud,at times, but it did not bother us. I would recommend this house if you are looking to visit Frederick (which is a great town). Would also work great for a family. It was a great find! I highly recommend the Collector's House!
My sister lives in Southern MD and we are from PA. Frederick was a great half way point. The house was really homey and a great place to sit back and relax. We enjoyed a couple DVD's, visited a Winery and did some shopping. The house was very clean and the beds were comfy. Everything we needed was there and it was nice not to have to take our own linens. We plan on making a return trip in 2017. Thanks for a great sister get away!
We had a great stay at the Collectors House. The location is awesome for exploring downtown Frederick. You are just a quick walk from lots of yummy food as well as shops. The owner Nancy is very flexible and makes the house inviting and provides great info for things to do and see in the area. This house is best for two couples and two children/younger people as one of the bedrooms is very snug. We would love to stay here again if our travels bring us back to Frederick, MD!
Traveled from Wisconsin with another couple and the four of us shared the comfort of a perfect home base for participating in a friend's wedding and sightseeing in the area. Plenty of space for two couples to spread out and relax. Wonderfully appointed kitchen. We are all collectors/packrats ourselves, so we gained much enjoyment from examining all of the owner's late father's treasures that are on display in the home. The home is in a convenient location close to everything. Only negative was the street which was busy at times, but we are all country bumpkins unaccustomed to any traffic noise. Everything was clean, we lacked for nothing. Frederick keeps growing in its vibrancy of great restaurants, history and culture and a great place to settle in an easy drive for day trips to Gettysburg, Baltimore, Washington DC, etc. We hope to return and highly recommend these accommodations. We've now stayed in two of the three homes Nancy owns and maybe next visit we'll try her third!
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
ATTN: VRBO's Rate System does not always price correctly.
2 nt stays:
$400: 2 midweek nts (Mon-Thus)
$450: 1 midweek nt/1 weekend nt (Fri, Sat, Sun)
$500: 2 weekend nts (Fri, Sat, Sun)
After a 2 night stay, each additional weekday night is $100; each additional weekend night is $150
3 nts: $500 - $650
4 nts: $600 - $750
5 nts: $750 - $850
6 nts: $950
1 wk: $1000
Reduced rates for longer stays!
NOTE: Because I get some longer (1 month plus) rental requests (corporate/relocations), my advance booking policy is as follows:
1. Rentals less than 7 nights can only be booked 60 days out.
2. Rentals less than 1 month can only be booked 120 days out.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.