*Enjoy small college town living in the northern Adirondack's culture center *Cape-cod house built in the 1920s with many of its original charms * Bright and airy rooms for healthy air and plenty sunshine*Racquette River's hiking & canoe trails are steps away *Park your car and leisurely stroll to downtown bars, restaurants and shops * We are next to SUNY, 15-minute scenic walk to Clarkson University & Canton-Potsdam Hospital; 10 min car ride to St Lawrence Univ. * Stay Green, hygge & clean
• Single-family style two-story living in the Village of Potsdam. Three private bedrooms are all upstairs: each has a large comfortable bed, completed with quality sheets, supportive pillows, winter comforter and summer quilt. Each room is furnished with a desk w/ lamp, a chair, a dresser, a mirror, coat hooks and suit hangers.
• For your travel convenience, bathrooms are fully stocked with soap, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, Q-tips, bathroom tissues, facial tissues, first-aid kit, iron & board, hair dryer, bath & wash towels.
• Relaxing in the downstairs living room: Futon & coffee table; Piano, Library with books & collections of National Geographic magazines & board games.
43" HDTV connected via Apple TV (Use your own accounts to view Your favorite TV programs & movies).
• Business Travel? There is a home office area with Computer Desk, Seat, 19" HD display, Office supplies, Charging Station, Fast & Reliable WIFI, Daily cleaning and grocery service are available for additional fee.
• Enjoy a meal or drink with colleagues, friends and families in the dining room: Table with four Oriental style Chairs; Beverage refrigerator, Complete wine, beer & water glasses. Tea Tasting Set with selection of Chinese and Taiwanese tea;
• Kitchen: Wood-mode Cabinetry and spice rack; Frigedaire 5-burner gas Range and Oven w/exhaust hood; Frigedaire stainless steel quiet Dishwasher; InSinkErator Waste Disposal; Pots, Baking dishes and Gadgets for your gourmet cooking. The kitchen is stocked with oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and selected seasonings.
• Coffee & tea are provided: Freshly roasted Fair-trade Coffee from selected regions of the world; Selected herbal, black and green tea. For the perfect cup, the home is equipped with Coffee Grinder, Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel Water Kettle and Japanese porcelain Tea set.
• Pedestrian friendly neighborhood invites you to take walks around the village: enjoy the vibe of the college town and wildness of the Racquette River. Ives Park and Munter Trail along the Racquette River are guests' favorite fitness trail. It is 3-mile round trip walking / jogging route starting from front door to the Bayside Cemetery.
• Large paved driveway can comfortably park 3-4 medium size cars. Leave your car at the house, and walk to downtown cafes, bars and restaurants. You can enjoy the beautiful river walk by the way.
• Outdoors: Enjoy the year-round outdoor opportunities of the northern Adirondacks & St Lawrence River valley! Racquette River is the 3rd longest river that is entirely in New York State. It originates from the lakes in Adirondacks and runs 146 miles north to the St. Lawrence River. Canoe is the classical way to explore Adirondack rivers and lakes. Along the river there are abundant of opportunities for walking, jogging, picnicking, and wild life viewing. Beaver, Bald Eagle, Blue Heron and various migrating ducks are frequently sighted along the river. Winter ice skating, ski and snow shoeing along the Racquette River are rare and memorable experiences.
STAY GREEN ®
• This vacation rental house is set up to promote sustainable travel:
• Two Nest-E thermostats control the heating separately up and downstairs; The thermostat is set to heat the house between 64 -68 F during heating season. Feel free to choose your comfort temperature in this range. The house is heated with two-zoned hydronic baseboard radiant heating for superior winter comfort, quietness, and clean indoor air.
• Windows can be opened during warm seasons to encourage air flow and natural cooling; Fans are provided for summer comfort.
• Free n’ Clear home cleaning products and laundry detergent are used for all bedding and towels.
• Bathroom stock were provided in home-sized toiletries to reduced packaging. Please use as needed but do not waste.
• Plenty of tea towels and cloth napkins are provided to reduce paper waste.
• Drink Local! Our tap water source is the neighboring Racquette River. It originates from the pristine Adirondacks Mountain lakes. We are blessed with very clean, drinkable and good tasting water. Additionally, kitchen drinking water tap has inline filter to take away chlorine and heavy metals. It is excellent for tea, coffee or just a plain good glass of water. We encourage you to reduce the plastic water bottle waste.
• Refrigerator and microwave are provided so that you can save and re-heat your left-overs to reduce food waste and travel cost.
• Compost, recycle, redeem: To reduce landfill, a compost bin is provided in the kitchen. If you have extended stay, please empty the bin to the compost pile under the large maple tree in the back yard. Please use the mixed recycle and bottle redeem services as much as you can. The goal is to minimize the landfill trash.
• Walk & bike around: Please take advantage of the convenient location by walking or biking in town for business or leisure.
• As travelers ourselves, we enjoy the modern conveniences ourselves but are aware of the environmental cost. Thank you for working with us to reduce travel carbon foot print!
• A college town located in St. Lawrence River valley, north of the Adirondacks Park.
• Clarkson University, SUNY Potsdam, and Canton-Potsdam Hospital are within comfortable walking distance from the house.
• St. Lawrence University and SUNY canton are easy 15-minute drive via US Route 11.
• Walking distance to Potsdam's downtown parks, bars, shops and restaurants.
• Steps away from the Racquette River Parks and canoe trails, Munter trail, and Clarkson Mountain Bike Trails.
• Within minutes, you can seek social life in the downtown, and enjoy solitude along the River.
• Summer in the norther country is very popular, but winter here is truly special: Higley Flow State Park (15 min) has groomed cross country trails, and heated ski lodge. Titus Mountain (45 min) is a local favorite for family alpine ski, snowboard and tubing. Whiteface Mountain (1.5 hr) has world-class terrains, winter Olympic experiences, and back country ski at the high peaks.
The entire house is set up as a vacation home. Guests have access to three upstairs bedrooms, downstairs living room, dining room, kitchen and two bathrooms. We want you to feel at home: please help yourself to the amenities and stocks on the counter, in the draws, cabinets, and open closets as needed. However, please respect the owner's belongings behind the Locked closets and doors.
You have the whole house & yard by yourselves.
I am easily reachable by email, phone or message.
My local care taker is also available in case of need.
We can provide concierge, daily house keeping and grocery services upon request and with additional fee.
• Most guests arrive Potsdam by private or rental car. Enterprise Car Rental has an office north of town.
• Trailways of New York buses has daily services to New York City, Albany and the Adirondacks. Bus terminal is 10-minute walk from our house.
• Closest local airport are Massena, NY (1/2 hr) and Saranac Lake, NY (1.5 hr scenic drive). Full service airports are Syracuse, NY and Burlington, Vermont, both 3 hours drive.
• For international flights, we recommend Ottawa Airport or Montreal Trudeau Airport, both 2 hour from the house across the US-Canadian border.
• Uber and taxis serve local destinations. Walking, bicycling are good ways to get around the village.
RECENT GUEST REVIEWS:
“The house was cozy and clean. The location to town and colleges are perfect. Ning is a fantastic host. Excellent communication and very quick to respond to questions. Would definitely stay again. Thanks for allowing our family of 7 to stay at your home. It was perfect for my sons graduation.” ~ Dec. 2017, Kris
“Quaint charming place to stay. Very clean and convenient location. Would stay again in the future.” ~ Dec. 2017, Scott
“Clean, warm and a great location! Ning is a great host, responsive and helpful. I would definitely stay again while visiting family in Potsdam! We appreciated the well-placed nightlights to navigate the house.” ~ Nov. 2017, Melissa
“Ning's place was great. It is in a great location within walking distance to many things, downtown, movie theater and restaurants. She was easily accessible and made our trip a wonderful experience. We would certainly stay here again.” ~ Nov. 2017, Mary
”Ning was a great host. Extremely responsive and very accommodating with the number of guests I had. Great location with close proximity to the town and the school. Definitely recommend.” ~Nov. 2017, Toni-Marie:
“We were able to walk to Ives Park on Racquette River and any where in town.” ~Nov. 2017, Bob
“Ning was incredibly hospitable, personal, and responsive. Her home is super cozy and beautifully located- just right for a weekend away.” ~Oct. 2017, Jess
“Ning's home is in a central location in Potsdam. We were able to walk to the downtown for dinner and drinks. Her family was gracious to accommodate my colleague and I at the last minute when our other travel plans fell through. Her home was clean and exactly as described/pictured. I would suggest Ning's home to anyone looking to stay in Potsdam!” ~Sept. 2017, Christina