|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Situated on a double lot with plenty of room to roam and for privacy, over 200 feet of prime frontage on the East Side of Torch Lake! Secluded by tall timber from the road, this home is a perfect place to soak up serenity. The water is so clear that you can see the sandy bottom all the way out to the drop-off.
The sunsets are breathtaking. Living on the East side comes with perks, most notably the prevailing winds from Lake Michigan, which help keep the mosquitoes at bay. A large deck over looks the water providing wonderful outdoor dining and lounging areas. At night, enjoy sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows under the star-filled skies.
Our recently remodeled, three bedroom, two bathroom cottage is fully furnished. The living area has a wood burning fireplace, the master bedroom has a queen size bed, second bedroom comes with a full size bed and the third bedroom has two sets of twin bunk beds. Off the dining area is a screened in porch.
We supply all linens, pillows, towels, paper products, soap products. We also provide a washer and dryer.
Please remember, this is a quiet street and this cottage is ideally suited for families and couples looking to build life long memories and is definitely not a party cottage.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your house on Torch Lake, MI in August 2016. This is the first time we've rented on the eastern shore of the lake, and it will not be the last...the sunsets were incredible!! The house was in a terrific location, close to Alden (Dockside and Dewitt's Marina) and Bellaire (groceries and Short's Brewery), very comfortable for our family of six adults, was very clean and met all of our needs. The mooring ball was perfect for our boat, providing quick and easy access to the lake for boating and swimming the day away.
The communication from the owners was terrific...from our initial questions to getting us the information we needed right before our vacation.
Only a couple of minor issues/concerns to be aware of...the exterior of the house is "tired". It could use a paint job and the lawnscaping could use some TLC. The shower in the main bathroom by the bedrooms...the pan felt (to those who used it) very mushy, like the floor below the pan had some water damage. The second shower in the other bathroom is not meant for 6'4'' guys, but we made it work.
Other than that, we would not hesitate to suggest this property to friends, and we may just reserve the house for the same time in 2017.
We really enjoyed our week long vacation to this property right on Torch Lake! It is an older model lake cottage but it has what any family would need to have an enjoyable time. I like to make reviews with information I would find useful if I were searching for a family vacation rental so these are things of note:
- If you have a boat and plan to arrive to the property first before launching your boat, don't. Launch your boat first! This property is located off a long, very narrow dirt drive with a lot of winding curves which makes it nearly impossible to maneuver a boat with trailer, especially if you have a long truck bed to begin with.
- Bring your own drinking water. We live in Michigan and can drink from our faucet...not the case at this lake cottage. The water has a very strong mineral smell and taste.
- I know the owner says to bring water shoes in the welcome information, and that is because you really do need them! The water is amazingly clear and blue, but at this particular location the bottom is very rocky and without water shoes you could get hurt.
- There is a mooring auger to tie your boat to which is fine and didn't' bother us but it's something to keep in mind. You have to load and unload at the dock while someone holds the boat. Someone then must stay in the water to walk the boat to the auger and tie it up.
- The property manager was there the first day of our arrival to answer any questions we had and also cut up plenty of fire wood for the fire pit which we really appreciated.
- The closest grocery store is about 10 minutes away and has all you would need.
- A boat drive down to the famous torch lake sandbar takes approximately 30 minutes from this property.
- There is a charcoal grill on hand.
- I packed tons of extra bedding because I wasn't sure what was on-hand. Not necessary. There is plenty of pillows, sheets and blankets.
- Bring your own beach towels, but there are plenty of bath towels.
- I like that there were other little items someone might forget to bring, like band-aids, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, kids coloring books and crayons, and board games.
- We LOVED the screened in porch and raised outdoor deck right over the water with lot's of seating.
Over all this was a GREAT stay and our family had a fabulous time here!
We loved our time here. We have been renting on Torch since 2006 and this was our favorite place. Great location...convenient to Bellaire and Central Lake. The lot is amazingly large so your insulated somewhat from neighbors which is not common on Torch. The house is great, perfect layout, tons of windows including two huge picture windows looking onto the lake, a wonderful breezy screened in porch, nice functional kitchen. The waterfront is excellent, rocky first 20 feet is just part of the deal on Torch. Great deck overlooking the lake. A Couple minor quibbles, house could use a paint job and the dock could use a ladder at the end. Other then that excellent.
We stayed a full week at this home and it was absolutely amazing! We were right in the lake and enjoyed beautiful sunsets every night. The water is so clear and blue! The home was great, had everything we needed. We will definitely stay here again next year. The wooded setting was also great. We went for walks in the woods no it was so quiet at night. Loved every minute!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 3 2016 - Oct 28 2016
Changeover Day: Friday
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Weekly Rental consist of Saturday 4PM - Saturday 11AM.
Note: Rates are subject to change without notice. 10% discount for multi week stays and returning guest.