|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Beautiful 3 Bedroom, 2 bathroom home sits on top of the Association Club House at Beach Dreams Community. Newly renovated spacious home has full size family room, fully convenience'd kitchen, dining area and exterior deck overlooking the main pool. Master Bedroom has King, (New Mattress),2nd Bedroom has queen, 3rd has queen and family room has pull out sofa. New family room set and new mattress's and bedding top off this wonderful vacation spot! Renovated and updated in 2016 including painting and new window treatments!
This property was very nice, and the resort where it is located is lovely, friendly and close to everything. The property itself, although it was large and clean had some issues. The first being the fact that two of the bedrooms did not have curtains (only blinds and sheers) and therefore we were all awake by 6 am every morning. This is despite previous reviewers complaining about the same issue and the property owner promising to fix it two months ago. As well this property is advertised as having internet access and there was none. We spoke to the property manager about this, he claimed that there was wifi, which was not true. It made our stay difficult as we did not have access to email and could not conduct any research about activities. Otherwise we enjoyed the property, but if we return we will choose to rent a cottage rather than the apartment.
I was looking for a place with 2-3 bedrooms and at least 2 baths that could accommodate 3 couples and this place fit the bill. The condo is very nice and spacious and clean. It is in a good location - central to beaches restaurants etc. it is also close to the pool and hot tub and had a small outside deck attached.
On the down side, the bedding left something to be desired. The mattresses were not comfortable and the pillows were all flat - I called them pancake pillows. In addition to the sheets and towels you really need to bring your own pillows to be at least a bit comfortable. In addition there was about 1/2 roll of toilet in each bathroom so plan to go up the road to the supermarket pretty much as soon as you arrive
Beach Dreams was a very friendly community; the rental’s appearance was nice but could use some much needed improvements.
Some improvements owner should consider are:
1. Curtains for the bedroom windows; every morning of our vacation we were awake by 5:00 AM because there was nothing to stop the sun from coming in the windows, (the small bedroom did have curtains) the king size bedroom had shears so we were able to hang blankets and towels over the curtain rods to block some of the light; the queen room only had mini blinds so sleep wasn’t an option after sunrise. Room darkening shades or curtains would be an option.
2. They made a new entrance into the rental BUT the heating unit was sitting on the floor along with drywall debris and screws! With a small child, this could have proved to be dangerous.
3. There was no light at the top of the outside stairs which made coming home after dark a safety hazard and it was very difficult to unlock the doors with no light.
4. Some of the mini blinds need to be replaced because they are broken.
5. There was no rain gutter, the night we stayed home and cooked on the grill it poured down rain half way through cooking; with no rain gutters the water ran off the roof onto the grill and the cook. The grill was electric which could have been “shocking”.
6. The mattresses’ in the king and queen bedroom could be addressed. They were uncomfortable and with the issue mentioned in #1, the bedrooms were not relaxing.
7. The bathroom near the king/queen bedrooms did not have a complete towel rack. It had a broken rack that was unusable.
8. The one kitchen chair closest to the outside door, the arms came apart and needs to be repaired. It was put back together and worked fine.
9. The dishwasher was not secured, the first time we loaded it, the entire machine tipped forward.
There were some positives:
1. The unit was very spacious, 3 bedroom 2 bathroom rentals were difficult to find.
2. Nicely equipped kitchen.
3. The washer and dryer came in very handy.
4. The people in the community were very friendly, from the owners to the security people to the other renters.
5. The pool and hot tub were wonderful.
6. We enjoyed our stay and would most likely seek out to say at Beach Dreams again.
The condo we rented was beautiful and met our needs perfectly. The location was convenient. We had a very big problem accessing the property. There were two cars and they only gave us one gate pass. Therefore we were not able to do things independently. Also, when we requested to be "buzzed" in, we were scolded. Really? The managemnt did not make us feel welcome and quite the contrary. Every time we entered or left the property we anticipated a problem with the security guard. Kind of took the fun out of it. I am planning to go back to main for a weeks vacation this summer. Not sure where we will be staying.
We just got back from a trip to Wells Beach, Maine and stayed in this penthouse condo. The listing photos were very accurate in describing the property. The condo is very spacious with three bedrooms, a large kitchen, and 2 large dining areas. The living area is very roomy with a fireplace and a balcony with a grill.
The property was clean and well-maintained, and we were close to all the local attractions.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. It was a nice, secure community with many amenities.
Beach Dreams Cottages Condominiums is located in the picturesque New England seaside town of Wells, Maine. Our community consists of 229 quaint cottages and year round townhouses located on US Coastal Route 1 and easily accessible via Interstate 95. We are a scheduled stop on the Wells Trolley line providing our owners and guests with the ability to travel Wells and its bordering towns with ease. Our amenities include One large clubhouse, a fully equipped gym, game arcade, 2 heated swimming pools, and 1 hot tub all of which are accessible to those who frequent our community. Beautiful and historic Wells continues to be one of the finest family vacation spots anywhere, offering seven miles of coastline, the nationally recognized Wells Estuarine Research Reserve at Laudholm and the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Preserve.
Recreational activities include kayaking, canoeing, fishing, sailing and surfing. Miles of paths are available for hiking, biking and strolling and numerous golf courses are located in the area. Local events and craft fairs are held at various time of the year and are open to the public.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Rentals are from Saturday to Saturday. Check in is at 2:00pm.
Check out is at 10:00am. Rental Agreement must be signed and dated before reservation is confirmed. Linens are not provided.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.