|Space||850 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. Foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge). Features include:
• arrive to a welcome tray with a seasonal, organic treat from Owner's favorite local coffee shop to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
Please note: this is a non-smoking property. No smoking is allowed inside the property or anywhere on property garden or exterior grounds. We also require guests to remove shoes before entering carriage house to keep cottage fresh and allergy free. We provide a convenient boot tray for guests to park shoes. Thank you!
I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Yasmine McGrane purchased this house in 2004
Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.
Perfect location, Perfect host, Perfect cottage! I wish Yasmine had cottages in every state and in every country!
My wife and I stayed here for three nights to break up our trip to Hawaii coming from the east coast. We wanted to be near San Fran to see some friends but didn't want to spend a lot of money for a small hotel room in the city. This carriage house was perfect! The owner Yasmine is the best. Anything we needed, from recommendations to restaurants and activities, questions about the house, etc she made us feel like family.
The house is on a quiet street, about two blocks from a small market and great Italian restaurant. The water is one more block away and there are great views of San Fran and the bay. It's about a 15 minute walk along the water into the bustling part of Sausalito where there are a multitude of shops, restaurants, organic market, marinas, etc. It's a bit of a hike but we actually walked to the Golden Gate Bridge, hiked up to the overlooks on the cliffs where the views were spectacular.
The house itself is an absolute steal when you think about what you are getting for the price. The first floor has a full kitchen with plenty of items you would need if you want to pick up food at the market and prepare a meal there. There are huge comfy chairs and couches which are great for sitting and reading or dozing off after a day or exploring. Of course the full bath. Upstairs is a huge closet and dresser and very comfortable bed. Very nice views of the bay right out the window next to the bed.
Overall, we loved the proximity to San Fran, Sausalito, and a day trip to Napa. The clean, comfortable and spacious carriage house with friendly and accommodating owner made our stay really memorable. We'll definitely be back!
Very relaxing and the perfect location. Spent 4 nights exploring the area and sleeping in : )
Our family loves staying here in this relaxing cottage. So quaint, peaceful, clean, great location, nice hosts and oh so cozy!!! It's nice to cook in the kitchen plus there are wonderful restaurants right down the road. The linens are the best quality and very comfortable bedding. We just love staying here. This was our third stay!! Thank you Yasmine once again!
The Carriage House and Yasmine were absolutely lovely. We loved the location. Yasmine was very sweet, sending a wonderful welcome packet and meeting us upon arrival. The one recommendation I would have for this rental is updating the mattress, as it was incredibly hard and uncomfortable, making it difficult to sleep. I was really disappointed as comfortable beds are high on the list for me when I pick a vacation rental...the hubby and I ended up sleeping on the comfy couch for part of the night because the bed was just too painful!
We arrived for a three night stay to visit our daughter who lives on the "west coast". The Carriage House was a delightful getaway for the three of us to hang out and enjoy being together. After a nice walk into Sausalito, we returned to find a bag of freshly ground coffee and beautiful cookies from the nearby cafe Cibo (be sure to visit) waiting for us from our hostess. Sorry to have missed meeting Yasmine. Hope to return again someday and perhaps meet you then. Lovely, comfy getaway.
Imagine walking through a white picket fence, passing organic vegetables and smelling the scent of lemon thyme as you travel the winding path to your front door. Take a leisurely stroll up secret staircases between beautiful Victorian homes in old town sausalito at the end of the day. Awake to blue jays chirping as you meditate in your airy upper bedroom. Clip fresh mint from your porch garden and sip in a vintage tea cup while watching the sun rise each morning. Walk to a local yoga class on a saturday morning just 10 minute from home. Enjoy a fresh baked croissant at local coffee shops while people watching. Lay in bed as you listen to the mystical fog horns on a quintessential San Francisco evening while immersed in a good book. Walk to the ferry terminal just 10 minutes walk away passing fishing boats and rowers out on the bay before taking a ferry into san francisco for site seeing, Visting Alcatraz or perhaps exploring the San Francisco ferry building. Bike on a sunday morning to sausalito’s farmers market and take cooking classes at one of many local cooking schools. Treat yourself to a spa day at great spas like Cavallo point just 5 minutes away. Share a moment with a friend or family member and glass of wine watching the sunset and sailboats drifting by without leaving your front porch. Relax into the person you were born to be.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.