|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. Foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge). Features include:
• arrive to a welcome tray with a seasonal, organic treat from Owner's favorite local coffee shop to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
Please note: this is a non-smoking property. No smoking is allowed inside the property or anywhere on property garden or exterior grounds. We also require guests to remove shoes before entering carriage house to keep cottage fresh and allergy free. We provide a convenient boot tray for guests to park shoes. Thank you!
I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Yasmine McGrane purchased this house in 2004
Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.
Stayed here for three nights,a very peaceful place to stay although only a short walk from busy Sausilito. Plenty to do in the area within a short drive and then nice to go back to The Carriage House to relax. Yasmin has created the perfect place to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Well equipped place everything you need to enjoy a stay.
What a great place to stay! I misread the description and thought that we would have the main porch of the house - didn't realize it was on the same property. Not a problem at all! The host were amazing - a quick hello and gave us our privacy! House was very well stocked - great French Country charm to it. One of my favorites was the "Inspirational Quotes of the Day" that the host, Yazmine had. Great location - couldn't ask for a better one! Great view from the upstairs bedroom - close to so many things to do...or not do! Don't miss out!
We, two ladies from Europe, enjoyed our stay in the sparrow house as well as in Sausalito, which is a good location to slow down.
This Carriage House was lovely. We had everything we needed and the description was exactly what we were expecting and more....quite comfortable! It was very clean and the location was superb to enjoy Sausalito and the San Francisco area. My daughter and I spent a girl's vacation here and would definitely rebook this property for our next trip! Thank you Yasmine and thanks for the coffee and cookies on arrival!
We had a wonderful experience staying at the Carriage House. A quiet and relaxing environment. Short walk down the hill to beautiful Sausalito with breath taking views. Easy parking and convenient to so many fun & beautiful places to visit.
My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of my 30th birthday get-away. It was a fabulous trip overall, but Yasmine's relaxing cottage and hospitality made it even better. She was very thorough in providing recommendations on things to do in the area. She even welcomed us with a treat and coffee grounds from a local shop on the kitchen table when we arrived. It was such a joy to wake up each morning and spend time preparing our breakfast and sipping delicious coffee while lounging about the cottage -- my favorite way to start the day! Also - the furniture was super cozy!!! I'd love to have such a comfy couch and oversized chair in my home! All was fantastic; and if I had to tweak anything it would be the bed, which was quite squeaky, so it did wake me up a few times when I rolled over at night.
Would still highly recommend Yasmine's cottage!!
Imagine walking through a white picket fence, passing organic vegetables and smelling the scent of lemon thyme as you travel the winding path to your front door. Take a leisurely stroll up secret staircases between beautiful Victorian homes in old town sausalito at the end of the day. Awake to blue jays chirping as you meditate in your airy upper bedroom. Clip fresh mint from your porch garden and sip in a vintage tea cup while watching the sun rise each morning. Walk to a local yoga class on a saturday morning just 10 minute from home. Enjoy a fresh baked croissant at local coffee shops while people watching. Lay in bed as you listen to the mystical fog horns on a quintessential San Francisco evening while immersed in a good book. Walk to the ferry terminal just 10 minutes walk away passing fishing boats and rowers out on the bay before taking a ferry into san francisco for site seeing, Visting Alcatraz or perhaps exploring the San Francisco ferry building. Bike on a sunday morning to sausalito’s farmers market and take cooking classes at one of many local cooking schools. Treat yourself to a spa day at great spas like Cavallo point just 5 minutes away. Share a moment with a friend or family member and glass of wine watching the sunset and sailboats drifting by without leaving your front porch. Relax into the person you were born to be.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.