Come stay in a secluded, custom-built, luxury log cabin nestled in the woods. Situated on five acres of private forested land in the heart of California’s historical Gold Country, Gold Creek Cabin is only a 2-hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area and just over an hour from Sacramento. You’ll avoid the Tahoe commute traffic and feel so far away from it all. Gold Creek Cabin (3,500 foot elevation) is 38 miles (61 km.) downhill from Kirkwood Mountain Resort and just 16 miles (26 km.) uphill from Sutter Creek, one of the most popular and well-preserved Gold Rush towns, offering a variety of nice restaurants, antique stores, and unique shops.
Gold Creek Cabin was designed to accommodate two families comfortably:
- 4 bedrooms plus loft, 3 ½ baths
- Three queen beds, built-in triple bunk bedroom, and queen & twin AeroBeds for loft (sleeps 9-12)
- Reading, game and TV loft with skylights
- Large recreation room with fireplace, pool table, dartboard
- Home theater with HDTV flat screen and Bose audio system
- HDTV, Blu-ray player with hundreds of DVDs, and Netflix streaming
- Free high speed (12 Mbps) WiFi service
- Large wrap-around deck on two sides with gas grill
- Private balconies off upstairs bedrooms
Enjoy “luxury camping” amenities:
- Gas campfire and Adirondack chairs on the front deck
- Gourmet kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances
- Radiant heating in bathroom floors
- Tankless hot water system for endless hot water
- Two gas fireplaces, instant on with thermostat
- Central heat and A/C
- Full-size washer and dryer in utility room
In the winter, easily access the cabin from the Bay Area even when it is snowing hard uphill at Kirkwood Mountain Resort. Don't risk not being able to get to your vacation rental. Then make the drive to the ski mountain as soon as roads are clear. If roads are closed, enjoy all that Gold Creek Cabin has to offer, such as the home theater with 150+ DVDs, HDTV, dartboard, and pool table.
In the summer, plan to quickly get away from the hustle and bustle of the Bay Area with an easy, 2-hour drive into the heart of California's Gold Country. Explore the historical attractions and visit Gold Rush towns like Sutter Creek and Volcano. Take a hike in to the ''potholes'' and relax by the water. Plan to go fishing, boating, biking, hiking, kayaking, and really enjoy the outdoors. Grill on the large wrap-around deck and relax in the Adirondack chairs, enjoying a cold beverage.
Sit around the ''instant on'' gas fire pit at night and make s'mores or just enjoy the peace and quiet under the stars.
We will help you plan a customized Gold Country getaway for your group!
Layout: Queen bedroom and spa bathroom in basement along with recreation room, home theater, and laundry room. Queen bedroom with private bath and shower, living room with cathedral ceiling open to kitchen and dining area, half bath on first floor. Queen bedroom and triple built-in bunk bedroom share a bathroom with bath and shower, open reading and game loft on second floor.