Get away from the hustle and bustle of your busy life by escaping to the Historic McDonnell House, where you'll find a secluded home sitting amongst 1-acre of vast pristinely landscaped property. With 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, and enough space to comfortably fit 10 people, this vacation rental house boasts picturesque Greek architecture, a beautiful sun porch, and rustic vintage decor.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Full Bed | Bedroom 4: Full Bed
Pull down the long gravel driveway and be entranced by the beauty of this historical house and its acre of landscaped property. With 3,000 square feet of living space, you and your guests will be entranced by this spacious rural getaway.
Step inside the back entrance where you'll find the sunroom, one of the most treasured locations in the house. Its wide windows allow tons of natural sunlight to pour through the sitting area as you relax around the table on a lazy afternoon.
The home's cozy parlor boasts amazing hardwood floors, a gigantic fireplace, a 50-inch flat-screen cable TV, and plush furnishings. You'll love cuddling up for an afternoon nap or nighttime movie.
Cook fabulous homemade meals for all your guests in the home's well-equipped kitchen and bring your creations to one of the 2 dining room tables, both set for 4.
If you want a change of pace one night, test out your grilling skills while your guests relax on the outdoor patio. Here, you'll have unmatched views of the scenic property as you immerse yourself in the natural outdoor beauty.
Settle down for the night in the house's master bedroom, which boasts a plush queen bed. Another queen bed can be found in the second bedroom, while full beds await those staying in the other 2 bedrooms.
While you'll want to spend every second possible on this amazing property, the history buffs will love exploring the Motown Museum, Henry Ford Museum, and the African American Museum, all of which can be found within 20-minutes of the property.
When you need a break from cooking, you'll find a multitude of dining options within walking distance. Check out Red Olive Restaurant for some great Greek and Mediterranean fine dining.
No matter how you choose to spend your time, you sure to have an unforgettable vacation while staying here!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen with a Keurig, electric tea pot, toasts, and microwave, air conditioning, heating, free WiFi, flat-screen cable TV, patio, sunroom area, charcoal grill, fire pit, and more
- Located in Southfield business district - easy access to restaurants, shopping, nightlife, farmers market, festivals, swimming, and more
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport - 9000 Middlebelt Rd, Wayne Co Detroit Met Airport, Romulus, MI 48242 (~25 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Small events, parties and gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- If the property is found in an unsatisfactory condition and requires additional cleaning upon check-out, guest will be charge an additional $150 cleaning fee. So please return it to the condition in which you found it.
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in