The Jewel Oasis in Hendersonville NC has been completely renovated with the guest in mind. Fast wifi and direct tv with plenty of channels for your viewing pleasure. It has 2 bedrooms with King sized beds and flat screen TVs. There are two bright and lovely full bathrooms, so you don’t have to share! ( one with a tub ) The pristine kitchen features a large island with seating so that guests can visit while cooking meals or gaze through the large picture window with views of distant mountains. The light and airy kitchen is open to the living room, which features a large flat screen TV, two swivel barrel chairs and a leather sofa that converts into a queen bed for extra guests. The coffee table was made locally by an artist friend of ours. The mattress is a Lay-Z Boy air lumbar sleeper, which is much more comfortable than your average sleeper-sofa. There are 2 covered porches. The one in back has a gas grill for your grilling enjoyment!!
The cottage is so cozy and welcoming that you’ll never want to leave!
If you do decide to venture out, you are a quick 5 minute drive to Historic Downtown Hendersonville and close to many other things the area has to offer. There are two gorgeous Vineyards in Hendersonville, Burntshirt Vineyard (15 minute drive) and Saint Paul Mountain Vineyard (18 minute drive). Support the local arts by seeing a show at Flat Rock Playhouse (7 minute drive), followed or proceeded by a dinner at one of the many great restaurants downtown.
Ask any local, the best part of living in Western North Carolina is the free entertainment in the great outdoors. We are located close to many outdoor adventures; Jump off Rock, Chimney Rock/Lake Lure, The Blue Ridge Parkway, and much more. Hendersonville is also known as “Apple Country”. In late summer and fall, visit the many orchards we have in the area and take home a bountiful harvest of apples and pumpkins. Many are located along US Highway 64 East toward Chimney Rock.
Downtown Hendersonville hosts many festivals throughout the year:
• Garden Jubilee Festival: Spectacular two day festival, held on Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. The ideal festival for passionate gardeners searching for the perfect plants and unique lawn and garden accessories and arts and crafts with 200 vendors. Speak with the experts at the garden clinics and gather tips and advice.
• Apple Festival: Labor Day Weekend: A four-day celebration in honor of the North Carolina Apple, featuring a street fair on Main Street with continuous live music and entertainment, arts & crafts, apple products, children activities, special exhibits, food, and King Apple Parade. See our Apple Festival Guide.
• Street Dances: Monday nights, 7-9 PM, mid July through mid August
• Music on Main Street: Free live music Friday nights, 7-9 PM, mid June through mid August.
• Rhythm & Brews: Music and beer on third Thursdays in May-September with local breweries.
• Art on Main: Fine art and craft along Main Street, 10-5 on the first Saturday/Sunday in October.
• Home for the Holidays: Many events from Thanksgiving through New Year's including ice skating at the Visitor Center.