SHENANDOAHS' AWAIT- - ENJOY OUR last minute AUGUST RATE!
$119 weekend special!!!!!
.*** Enjoy the quiet and tranquility of Cardinal Cabin Retreat! ***
This log cabin is located on a secluded, wooded, 3+ acre lot amid the face of the Massanutten Mountains, yet the river and conveniences of the Town of Luray are just minutes away! The 2-bedroom, 1- bath cabin comes furnished with the basics. Guests furnish their own towels and linens.
Pack your knitting, books, bikes, podcasts and hobbies, this cabin boasts no wifi or cable connections. (you can catch up with free internet if need be at the local MacDonalds or your cell provider plan)
~ We pride our cabin on being a great break from technology, clean and sustainable, with a "leave no trace" attitude. ~
Well maintained gravel road and community. This cabin is quaint and rustic. You'll find yourself spending most of your time on the large screened in porch for morning coffee, relaxing, and nature gazing throughout fall, spring, & summer then nestled up to the wood burning stove in cooler months! The wrap around deck is perfect for year-round nighttime star gazing. Airplane and traffic noise, never to rare.
Enjoy a walk along our gravel road, -- UP the mountain to an informal entrance on the George Washington National Forest, or --DOWN to the Shenandoah River fishing pier.
The Shenandoah River is apprx 3/4 mile away (free public river access with boat launching ramp also a bit farther at Bixlers Ferry) to wade, float, fish and play. Near to the George Washington National Forest and the Shenandoah National Park (Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Appalachian Trail) for hiking, biking or scenic drives. Nearby Luray Caverns, Luray Bell Tower, and the Town of Luray are a must see. Don't forget to stop in at the world famous 'Cooters' just down the mountain for ice cream and a piece of Americana. Step back in time at the Page Valley cinema!
Cardinal Cabin is Non-Smoking within the building. Moderate smoking is permitted outside; please do not dispose of cigarette butts on the landscape, forests or toilet.
We keep rates low and things simple at Cardinal Cabin Retreat:
- Guests must furnish their own towels and linens. (or for an alternative you can buy linens/sleepingbags, etc. at the Luray Walmart for just about the same cost that we would charge to supply these) Pillows (king and standard), comforters and blankets are furnished. (guests also furnish their own seasonal firewood)
- Guests MUST bag and remove their own refuse generated from their stay (e.g. modern trash service is not furnished in the community. Luray dump is nearby-closed on Sundays); trash burning in the wood stove is strictly prohibited.
- The cabin does not have a dishwasher--guests are asked to be considerate and wash their own dishes.
- Septic guidelines should be adhered to.
- Well behaved pets are permitted and invited (furry friends love it here); permission and additional fee required for pet guests.
- A fifth guest may be added if under 10 years of age.
- Property fee of $2.50 goes toward the National Park Service Forest Management and Firewise program
Amenities include: screened back porch; covered front porch and wrap around deck; new kitchen area in 2017; furnished kitchen- dishes, flatware, pots/pans, utensils, refrigerator, stove, toaster, microwave, coffee maker; separate dining area; baseboard heat (each room individually controlled); wood burning stove; window A/C unit; ceiling fans and fans. For sleeping there is 1 king size bed, 1 full size bed, and 1 futon.
**Parks & recreation: Shenandoah National Park (Old Rag), Shenandoah River State Park, Appalachian Trail, Lake Arrowhead , George Washington National Forest
**River access: Public entrances for fishing/boating located along Egypt Bend Road (turn left at the bears coming out of Massanutten Forest) approx ¼ mile down on your right and further down at Bixlers Ferry. Another public entrance is located off the bridge on US 340.
**Skiing: Massanutten Ski Resort and Bryce Four Seasons Resort
**Towns: Shopping, antiquing and dining in Luray, Sperryville, New Market...
** Leisure & interest: Luray Caverns, Luray Bell Towers (see schedule for performances), Shenandoah Caverns, Hawksbill Greenway--for bicycling and walking to the town of Luray—(park at the junction of 211/340).
Come on in and enjoy the simple joys of peace and quiet!!
Cardinal Cabin is fully licensed by both the Commonwealth of Virginia and County of Page.
Discounts available with valid ID:
Fire/Police/Military/Veteran/Veterinarian/Nursing/Clergy & Teachers