|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Adventure! Fish, Swim, kayak, Surf, from the property.
Check in is at 4pm and out at 10am. You will have to go shopping. No goods are guaranteed to be in the home
Beautiful location nestled between the mouth of the river and the ocean at Honolii Beach. The River House is a rustic family style home which has 180 degree views starting with the river then panning out over the ocean and is only 5 minutes from Hilo.
Enjoy your morning coffee in the living room or lanai looking out at the river or the ocean! Have a picnic on the lawn in the magnificent nature Hawaii is known for.
You can enjoy from the River House all sorts of water sports including Kayaking, Stand-Up Paddling, Surfing, Boogie Boarding and Swimming.
The home will sleep 12 and has an open floor plan. The kitchen has old world charm with copper counter tops and a butcher block counter by the stove. The rear of the house has a very large family room and bay windows. Perfect for a traveling halau for practice and sleeping! (The family room measures approximately 375 sf or approximately 25 feet long by 15 feet deep and also sleeps 6.) The view of the river is astonishing from these windows!
The first floor has a guest bedroom; this room sleeps 2 and has a queen size bed. Also located on the first floor is a powder room and full bath and a large Bedroom with 3 double beds. The master and another guest bedroom are upstairs. The master bedroom is very large with sweeping views of the river and ocean and an en suite full bath. A king size bed is in both the master bedroom and guest bedroom upstairs.
We really enjoyed the spaciousness of the house and the magnificent scenery. Nice stay.
This home is a classic beauty with large bedrooms and viewing areas of the best surfing beach around! The gated privacy was a plus. It was ideal for our large family with the added bonus of two master suites upstairs!
Our interaction with Tammy, the property manager, was prompt and very helpful! Instructions for checking in/out were perfectly outlined. 🌺
We all agreed that on our next visit to Hilo we will try to book this property again. 🌴
This property and rental experience was great!! It was perfect for our needs and we enjoyed the location and the grounds immensely! Such a beautiful home and the location to the beach was the best you can find on this side of the island!!
Awesome! Gorgeous, huge, comfortable house. Amazing location, views and sounds of the ocean and Honolii River.
Absolutely unique and charming home perfect for a large group.
The home & property had everything we needed for our staff retreat. Beautiful, would stay again
The River House is located 100 yards from Honolii Beach and 5 minutes from downtown Hilo. Honolii Beach is the premier surfers' beach on Eastside of the Big Island. Downtown Hilo offers quaint shopping and a taste of international cuisine from our local restaurants. Downtown Hilo is also the home of the Farmer's Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Must see attractions while in Hilo include:
- Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots is Hilo’s most popular wall fall – a MUST see.
- The Lyman Museum offers a in depth history of the Hawaiian Islands and the culture of the Islands.
- The Pacific Tsunami Museum tells the story of the 1946 Tsumani as well as others.
- Imiloa Astromony Center is located about 15 to 20 minutes south. The center has rotating exhibits and a planetarium with daily shows.
- Volcano National Park is 45 minutes south of Hilo. See first hand what makes the Big Island the 'big island'.
- Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden is 10 minutes north. Walk though the mountainside among native orchids and other lush foliage. Don't forget to see the Onomea Falls too!
- Akaka Falls is 15 minutes north and is a magnificent and majestic waterfall.
- Mauna Kea Observatory is about a 2 hour drive and is the highest point on the Island at 13,796 feet. Star gazing from the observatory is a must see.
This list is just a handful of the activities the Eastside of the Big Island has to offer.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 15 2018 - Apr 21 2018
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$300 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Rates are quote for 6 guests. $75/per additional guest (over 6) up to a maximum of 12.
Taxes are 4.166% GE and 9.25% TA.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
A damage deposit of $500 is due when your reservations are booked. The deposit is fully refundable after 14 days of departure providing no damage has been done. Please refer to the damage deposit section in the rental agreement.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.