WHY STAY HERE?
Amid lofty Nilgiri peaks and low passing clouds, the sloping roofs and terracotta tiles of Sterling Ooty Elk Hill resort emerges and vanishes. As you look out on the Ooty valley from your room’s balcony or sit-out, time seems to stand still.
Set in modern brick buildings, this hillside resort is 1.9 km from the Rose Garden, 3.4 km from Ooty Lake and 4 km from the Government Botanical Gardens.
ABOUT THE SPACE
The warm, contemporary classic rooms feature wooden floors, a flat screen TV and tea/coffee maker. The living rooms include Dry Kitchenettes, a dinning Area and Sofa Bed.
- Coffee Maker
- Daily Housekeeping
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Private bathroom for each accommodation unit
Café Blu is our multi-cuisine restaurant where you can choose from the local delicacies like Avarai Udhaka, Ootaikudi Udhika, Thuppathittu, Earigittu, Ennatttu, of the Nilgiri tribes or other Indian, Chinese & continental dishes. This specialty restaurant allows you to try all differnt types of cuisine and fffers you the traditional signature dishes of south India.
If you enjoy cooking, feel free to check out our organic farm. You have the opportunity to choose the seasonal fresh organic vegetables of your choice from the farm and then our Chef helps you prepare it in a healthy balanced way of your choice.
We offer many different indoor and outdoor games/sports for your entertainment including, table tennis, badminton, carom, chess, snooker, cricket, football and volleyball. We also have bonfire evenings through the week with barbeque nights as well.
Other amenities and services offered include:
- Internet Cafe
- Elk hill Tea shop
- Pint-O-fun Bar
- In-room dining
- Kids Play area/Playground
- Gift Shop
- Travel Desk
- Front Desk 24/7 service
- Wifi - available at Lobby & restaurant
- Holiday Activities Centre to keep adults and children of all ages engaged in fun games and activities
ABOUT THE AREA
There are a lot of tours that are perfect day trips for you and your family when you come vacation with us at Elk Hill in Ooty.
- OOTY TOUR. This Panoramic tour covers Dodabetta (The highest peak in Nilgiri’s), Botanical Garden, Tea factory and visit to the lake for Boating. Duration 4 Hours
- COONOOR TOUR. Places covered under this tour are valley view, Dolphins Nose, Lambs Rock, Sims Park and Tea garden. Duration 4 Hours,
- PYAKARA TOUR. This tour will take you to Pykara waterfalls, 9th mile, Boat club, Kamaraj sager dam and film shooting place. Duration 4 Hours,
- MUDUMALAI WILD LIFE SANCTUARY—This wild life tour includes Elephant, Tiger, Guar, Spotted deer, Sambar deer etc. Please note that spotting of animals is purely a matter of luck. Forest safari tickets are issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu on first come first serve basis. Management is not responsible for non availability of tickets.
- AVALNCHE-This tour takes you Dam & Natural forest with scenic beauty
- Kodanad Viewpoint:-This tour will takes you to Catherine Falls,the actual point where the Eastern and Western Ghats meet can be distinct
Ooty Bus station – 2.5 miles
Ooty Railway Station – 2.5 miles
Coimbatore Airport - 62 miles
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Check-in: 12:00 pm
- Check-out: 10:00 am
- Minimum age required to check in is 21 years.
- Master Card & Visa, accepted
- All accommodations are non smoking, use designated smoking areas
- Pets are not permitted.
- Please check listing for additional information