|Minimum Stay||7 - 14 nights|
PERMITTED: STPH 2013/0016 GET/TAT: W-44235020-01
Pililani means "close to heaven", which is an appropriate expression for this property. The magic of this land clearly speaks for itself, let alone the fabulous house and the many wonderful amenities. This is a heartful, warm and cozy place which is also cheery, vibrant and fun. Pililani is the ultimate gathering place for two or ten, for friends or families. When walking through the beautifully landscaped grounds, whether picking tropical flowers or sampling the fruit from the orchards, you can feel that this place is nourishing to the soul. Pililani is a carefree retreat, completely removed from ordinance stresses. It is really what Maui is all about.
This is an exceptional upcountry property, suited to the most discriminating travelers. Very careful attention has been paid to every detail. Entry to the property is through a custom crafted bronze gate. The long driveway winds through a hedged area, to parking spaces at the back of the house. The first view of the house is looking through the glass walkways, across the fish ponds, to the pool and cabana area beyond. With it's unique Thai style, and quality cedar construction, the house is definitely architecturally pleasing, and a memorable structure. The entire four acre property is hedged or fenced, to provide a high level of privacy. A huge investment has been made in landscaping this property, resulting in hundreds of tropical plants and trees, flowers, citrus trees, and a variety of mature palm trees. Nestled within the wings of the house is a tropical fish pond with a variety of exotic fish and water lilies. Every area of this property has an interesting or special feature - from the garden for cut flowers, to the herb patch, to the 'spirit garden', to the reading chair tucked into a garden grove, each was created to enchant children and adults alike. The recreation area can keep you occupied for hours! To one side is a fully wind screened, regulation size tennis court with a viewing area. The forty foot swimming pool is surrounded by a flagstone patio. Sitting next to the pool is a large hot-tub, and a sauna. The pool cabana has a sink, small refrigerator, deluxe gas grill, and plenty of outdoor furniture. The house was designed with flexibility in mind. The main wing of the house offers three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, huge living/dining room, and a gourmet kitchen. There are plenty of windows giving the room a warm glow of light. The peaked roof is supported by two huge cedar pillars. Other features include wood floors, tiled kitchen and custom tiled bathrooms, granite and butcher block counters, Viking range, laundry, TV (recessed into the entertainment center), DVD, CD stereo, telephone, and answering machine. The front of the main living room opens to a covered deck, leading down to a platform at the edge of the fish pond.
To each side of the main wing are covered walkways, leading to two master suites each with queen bed, sitting area, work desk, fully tiled bathroom, TV/DVD, CD stereo.
Note: Pililani is available as a five bedroom, or also as a four bedroom (1 room left locked/empty).
Aloha! We are delighted that you are considering this property for your vacation lodging. We are sure that you would enjoy this lovely vacation home.
This property has a vacation rental permit issued by the County of Maui, and is subject to the rules and restrictions imposed by the County for all short term rental homes. Please understand that we would be unable to accept a rental that does not agree to abide by these rules. Note: properties without a short term rental permit are subject to closure by the County.
1. Neighbors - Please be considerate of our neighbors. Noise carries easily to their homes, particularly in the evening. NO loud music, NO parties, NO amplified sound of any nature at any time. Many neighbors must be up early in the morning to go to work, and it’s important that your use of this property does not impact them in any way.
2. Quiet Hours - Quiet time is from 9pm to 8am.
3. Use of the Property - Additional friends/family CANNOT be invited to the property and it cannot be used as a “meeting place”. The property can be used ONLY by the guests listed on the rental agreement. The County law allows us to accommodate a maximum of two guests x the number of bedrooms.
4. Parking - There is plenty of parking on the property. Vehicles CANNOT be parked on the street at any time. When vehicles are on the street, there is insufficient space for emergency vehicles, fire trucks, the trash truck or neighbors to get down the road.
Additional information with respect to care and maintenance of the house will be included in the rental agreement.
We rented this property years ago and fell in love with it. On the spot we said that we'd love to have a chance to purchase it. That chance came in 2002, and we've considered ourselves fortunate ever since. This is the perfect place for us to gather our family and grandchildren. Whether it be afternoons in the pool, tennis matches on the court, or gathered around the dining table playing games... every moment is precious to us.
I want to say that we had a wonderful vacation at your property. It was wonderful to have the pool, hot tub and tennis court on the property and also the orchards and ponds. I was concerned about the water having a toddler with us, but I have to say that it really was not a problem. I have a pond with Koi and he feeds them all the time so he loved feeding the Koi here and we were all careful to never let him be out there by himself. The pool itself wasn’t as much fun for him as it is really designed for adults, but we still had a great time since the majority of the group is in the late 20 early 30 age and it was perfect for them. . There were 8 adults, a toddler and a 4 month old. Because of the design of the house we were all able to be with each other as much as we wanted and still have alone time if needed. I would recommend this place to anyone.
We are trying to decide if we want to do a snow vacation next year or go warm again. We will use your property Rentals again if we have the need in the future.
There were so many things that we loved about the island, but given that I didn't want to write a novel I've tried to record the favourites below. All said, the coordination and attention given by you, Cathy, was greatly appreciated especially with the early phone calls from halfway around the globe. All correspondence was quickly answered with exactly what I was looking for.
1. What's not to love? Obviously the pool/hot tub/sauna/tennis court combo fit our lifestyle and we were lucky with the weather to take full advantage - although the one rainy day we had did not scare us away from the hot tub and sauna.
2. The kitchen offered lots of room and tools to make amazing meals and we took advantage of the local orchard (oranges, avocados, limes/lemons, grapefruit??) to enhance the food. Breakfasts were enjoyed in the lanai every morning.
3. The beds were noticeably very comfortable and the privacy of a bathroom in each bedroom was a definite plus.
4. Accommodating our late departure was greatly appreciated understanding that it would only work if bookings allow.
Certainly our favourite activities (besides hanging out at Pililani) were:
1. Driving to the top of Haleakala to catch the sunrise (get there early to see the stars) and then hiking down and back up Sliding Sands Trail in the crater (2400' over 4 miles).
2. Sailing/Snorkelling/Whale watching aboard Paragon II out to Molokini. Great crew and small group - included all equipment, food and drinks.
3. Zip-lining at Piiholo Ranch (just down the road); and
4. Driving the Road to Hana - must stop at Coconut Glens!!
1. Dinner at Mama's Fish House - make reservation sooner than later and ensure you get it for sunset.
2. Paia is a great little town and Mana Foods was the perfect store for us with fresh/organic choices.
3. For the Caesar loving Canadian, Clamato Juice was found at the Haiku Market grocery store (like a bloody mary).
We have stayed at Pililani twice now and absolutely love it! It is the perfect location for a getaway with family and friends. The property itself has so much to offer - pool, tennis court, orchard, koi pond. Our kids spent many hours playing hide-and-seek on the grounds and watching the fish and frogs. The upcountry location means the lush tropical landscape you'd expect from Hawaii, as compared to the drier west side. The property is located near great shopping and restaurants in Makawao and Paia, as well as ziplining, the pickup location for biking down the crater, and the Road to Hana. Other activities/locations such as snorkeling at Molokini, surf lessons in Kihei, the luaus, Big Beach, the submarine, Lahaina and windsurfing are easy to reach by rental car. It really is like staying in your own private resort. We can't wait to go back!
Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo. We had the most wonderful time on this leg of our winter getaway. Pililani is a spectacular property and it was far more than we ever expected. The home and property was so well manicured, it was like a resort. The seclusion of the home was very relaxing but we were only a few minutes from the beach or some very charming little towns. (Makawao, Pa'ia, Ha'iku) We were able to enjoy a lot of the fresh fruit from the trees on the property and local markets so it made for some enjoyable meals at the home. The kitchen was well stocked with any dishes, pans and utensils that we ever needed. I can not think of any nicer place that we would like to spend on our next trip to Maui.
This place is the perfect house for a retreat for your family and friends. The open plan of the main house is inviting and the view of the ocean and grounds from the floor to ceiling windows is amazing!! I love that you can swim, play tennis, relax on the lanai and enjoy the hawaiian air from this private resort-like property. I can't wait to return!!
We loved staying at Pililani. The home and property are stunning, and nearby Makawao is such a nice upcountry town. It's easy to get to various beaches for surfing, windsurfing and other water activities. We went snorkeling, surfing, windsurfing, zip lining, drove to Hana, ate at phenomenal restaurants nearby (some of the island's best - Nuka, Paia Fish Market, Mama's Fish House, Haliimaile General Store, Colleen's, etc.) and shopped! Everything is so accessible, but Pililani is wonderfully private for hanging out and lounging by the beautiful pool. Can't wait to go back!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 16 2016 - Jan 8 2017
14 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable Security Dep||$1,000|
|Out cleaning fee||$500|
Cleaning - our housekeepers will prepare the house for your arrival, and clean again after your departure. Cleaning is available during your visit at your expense.
Check-in time - 3:00pm or later
Check-out time - 10:00am or earlier
Maximum Occupancy, Pililani limits occupancy to two guests (including children) per bedroom. We want to be certain that everyone is comfortable and has proper bedding.
Rates are subject to change until confirmation is issued.
Deposit: 2 nights (check, VISA/MC, or wire transfer) and completed rental agreement
Final payment: due 60 days prior to arrival.
If cancellation is more than 60 days prior to arrival, the two night deposit is forfeited. If cancellation is within 60 days of arrival date, all payments are forfeited, unless the space is re-rented.