|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Carib Apartment - Ocho Rios
In the heart of Ocho Rios located on the Caribbean Sea is a self catering, split level one bedroom apt, king size bed, air conditioned with fulll bathroom and toilet downstairs. Separate living and dining areas, fully equipped kitchen, white sand beach, and water sport facilities easily available. Walking distance to centre of town, shops, banks and restaurants. Maid service. Linens provided, wireless internet, hair dryer,Cable TV, microwave and other comforts of home. 24 hour security.
Local attractions: Within a five mile radius you can easily visit the famous Dunn's River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Mystic Mountain for Bobsled ride and chair lift, horse back riding, Plantation Tour and two Botanical Gardens. Water sports available on your door step.
I am back in rainy cold UK now and would like to say a huge Thank You for allowing me to experience a very refreshing holiday in your lovely apartment. It looked just like the pictures and matched all the wonderful reviews. I am planning to come back at Xmas but haven't sorted out my dates yet & I hope when I do the apartment will be available for rent. Once again thank you & hoope to do business with you again soon. Please extend my thanks to Carmen who was very accommodating & charming.
Our overall experience was OK. Not entirely negative and not entirely positive.
I will start with the positives:
- Our booking & payment process was seamless, Belinda, the owner was always fast to reply to our questions and had no issues with payment. So you do not need to worry about being scammed.
Key was ready for us upon arrival, which was later in the evening.
-Property is secure with several security guards there around the clock. Groundsmen always friendly too. Always feel safe.
- The view is amazing, like with all of the units in Caribe.
- Private beach is a short walk away.
- Very peaceful complex, no disturbances.
- wifi worked well and all the time with no issues
- Belinda was always available to answer questions
Some of the cons:
- Ants everywhere in the kitchen area! This was even before we bought food or used the kitchen. Got worse after we used the kitchen, and we made sure to always clean up after use as we could see it was already bad. Insect spray was left in the condo but only worked for half a day an they were back.
- Furniture (sofa & chairs) in unit very uncomfortable, seemed more like patio furniture
- TV was an old tube television and most channels were "unavailable" (please note we were there for two weeks so we had a few evenings where we just wanted to relax and watch TV and you could not do that there with the furniture and no channels)
- No phone for local calls. For us this was not a huge issue as we had a cell phone that we used a local SIM card in, but when one of us was out with the cell phone there was no way to contact anyone (ie: taxi, to book tours, call local places, call owner). If we did not use our own cell phone we would have been lost.
- the cleaning lady came once (we asked that she not come again) and I am not sure what she did other than report back to the owner that we left the AC running in the bedroom while we were out (which I know with 100% certainty that I shut it off before we left). I felt like a child in school getting tattled on. And to again “tattle” that someone else (my sister in law) was staying with us for longer than we had originally expected. Which I am unsure why this was an issue, as it wasn’t in the other unit we stayed in previously.
PLEASE NOTE that we have stayed at Caribe before, in a different unit that was much more "updated" and had none of the above issues. Also, during our stay we had two friends rent other units in Caribe and they also had none of the above issues.
Good location as a pied a terre on the north coast, Do take Belinda's advice on eateries. Had a wonderfull time and would recommend this apt any time
Belinda's customer service is any guest's dream! She is very thorough and genuinely interested in the experience of her guests and goes above and beyond(taking time out of her busy schedule) to ensure they are happy! We absolutely appreciated this and she made the process a breeze!
Wow...about the apartment...it was so welcoming with its calming colour scheme in tones of blues, greens and white..with a pop of yellow...when we came through the door! It was immaculate, smelled fresh and had all sorts of ammenities that showed a lot of forethought for her guests..such as towels, hairdryer, cooking utensils etc. There were even boos and games provided! All the appliances were clean and in good working order. The decor was simply beautiful.and matched the relaxation/seascape theme. It did not feel cluttered at all..as it was very light and airy, and the rooms were spacious, making relaxation that much easier. The apartment is smoke free which is great if you have sinus issues. Everything was well labelled with clear, friendly precise instructions/directions which took the guess work out of finding our way around the apartment (for example the different light switches were labelled according to the corresponding rooms). The security was friendly and professional as they patrolled very regularly and greeted guests. We felt very safe there.
We loved relaxing on the balcony/living room area and hearing the waves and feeling the sea breeze! The ittle beach on the property was great for taking photos and getting our feet wet, while admiring nature. There are nearby ammenities in the town nearby and entertainment spots..such as Prospect Outback Adventures where we had a blast! We also had a great little dinner at Scotchies..which is perfect for a rustic dining experience. We will definitely be back Belinda!! Thank you so much for lending us your little slice of paradise!
Its almost selfish to say that we most definitely recommend it..but at the same time we want to keep our yummy little secret to ourselves!! LOL!
Absolutely loved it!
Dwain & Georgette
Property in beautiful tranquil surroundings, fully equipped and comfortable, walking distance to a number of beaches and town centre and owner very helpful
Well located, very secured and clean. The view is stunning! We had such a nice moment there, relaxing on the balcony watching and listening to the waves.
I recommend it to everyone coming to Ocho Rios !
We went on vacation and stay at Belinda at Carib Villa. Wow it's an amazing apartment, looks just like the picture advertised
Welcoming and Clean. Can't begin with how valuable it was to have the beach so close!! Wonderful. Great location and a gorgeous view of the ocean although the beach wasn't very long if you want to take a run on the beach.
There was 24 hour security and they were very pleasant and respectful as are most Jamaicans. It was a place you feel safe if that's what you're after. Feels like home,the kitchenette have everything to prepare a meal,Belinda is a awesome lady with a great personality,we will definitely stay at her place again,.
Mr and Mrs James
Miami Florida 2016
Ocho Rios is situated on Jamaica's north coast about halfway between Montego Bay and Port Antonio. Montego Bay airport approximately 1 1/2 hour drive. Carib is situated on Mahogany Beach, see map. The area offers varied beaches and lush tropical gardens. Stunning natural beauty combined with numerous activities, shopping and dining experiences. Local attractions include, swimming with the dolphins, infamous 600' Dunn's River Water Falls, chair lift to the top of Mystic Mountain for spectacular panoramic views and bobsled ride, Coyaba Gardens & Mahoe Falls, plantation tours, tubing, horse back riding and near by Bob Marley's birth place.
Other Activities: Swimming with the dolphins, sailing, river tubing, horseback riding, ATV rides, snorkeling, kayaking, Mystic Mountain Bobsled & ariel ride, botanical gardens
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Groceries, for the client's account, can be brought in for arrival, upon request. Clean up service provided. Cook available on request for a small additional charge and she will take you to the local markets. Private driver for sight seeing excursions available upon request.
Deposit to secure dates..balance on arrival