|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Welcome to Casa oso de los perezoso (translated as 'the house of the bear sloth'). Bear Sloths are a common sight in the Manuel Antonio area and in particular in the National Park located there. They seem to take life easy and are very laid back; something we love about the lifestyle and the people of Costa Rica and something that we hope you are able to achieve while here in Costa Rica.
Oso de los Perezoso is very private and secure, sitting behind a beautiful large handcrafted wooden gate created by a local woodworker from native wood, and a privacy wall. Located on a 2 acre lot within Finca Se Ve Bien (Looking Good Farm), the Finca comprises 100 hectares with approximately 15 residences located within the Finca. Most of the remaining land area has been left as jungle and forest. Oso de los Perezoso sits atop a hill above the valley and offers spectacular unobstructed views of the mountains to the north and east and the valley below and the Pacific ocean to the west. Facing west, you will truly enjoy the beautiful sunsets each night from the outdoor patio area.
Our Casa is just over 2000 square feet of indoor living. All of this on one level. And our Case is now handicap accessible and disability friendly - a rarity in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area!
There are 3 very generously sized, fully furnished bedrooms, designed with two separated bedroom wings to provide privacy for our guests. The master suite is located in one wing of the house with the other two bedrooms in the opposite wing. Joining the two wings is a large open concept common area that contains the comfortably furnished living and dining rooms, a sitting area and a fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook. A bar height counter made from a large single piece of native wood with bar stools, handcrafted by a local woodworker, overlooks the kitchen area enabling you and your guests to socialize while the meal is being prepared. All rooms have spectacular views of the mountains, the valley or the ocean as well as the incredible outdoor living area and infinity pool.
Each bedroom room and the common living area have their own individual air conditioner, however you will find no need for them during the day when the large patio doors of the living area and the bedrooms are opened, letting the late morning and afternoon breezes flow through the house. Each room in our Casa has ceiling fans to assist in air movement and even the elevated outdoor patio areas have fans.
While you will find the interior spacious and very comfortable the outdoor living area is spectacular.
Anchored by a one of a kind infinity edged pool, there is approximately 2000 square feet of additional space. You will thoroughly enjoy the combination of the covered, elevated patio area shading you from the sun or rain and a luxurious lower patio area of limestone (that never gets hot in the brilliant and powerful sun of Costa Rica) that surrounds the infinity edged pool. The lower level is accessed by a wide and gently declining staircase. The outdoor area is fully equipped with a large SunSail for shade, sun umbrellas, chaises and tables and chairs for your enjoyment as well as a new propane BBQ. The pool is constructed with beautiful, non slip, quartz tiling with gentle and wide steps to your submersed sitting bench and a one meter deep pool area that is great to lounge in or is great for the kids. The lap area of the pool is a consistent 8 feet deep and is great to swim in or do laps. You will enjoy a cooling shower after a day out and about under the newly installed stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool.
We have recently installed permanent cement ramps and a few portable ramps for wheelchairs and disabled persons that allows easy access to and from the Casa and the outdoor areas including those areas by the pool. We believe the access that these ramps provide truly makes our Casa a rare find in Costa Rica.
Dina, our property manager is conveniently located next door to our Casa. She is fluent in both English and Spanish. A native Costa Rican, she is very familiar with the Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas. She is also experienced in the hospitality and real estate industry.
She will communicate with you well before you arrive to assist with any requests or questions you may have. Dina will meet you on arrival and assist you in settling in and learning the fantastic features of our Casa.
She is available to assist you, both before you arrive and when you are at our Casa with your travel plans and activities. She will be able to provide you with a wide range of information on the numerous activities in the area, make your reservations for you and ensure that they are trouble- free. She knows about all the restaurants and bars and is up to date on the best of the tour companies and what they have to offer and the costs. She will make sure your stay is a worry free and a memorable one. We encourage you to take advantage of Dina's knowledge and contacts.
Here are just some of the main features of our Casa:
- all on one level – no stairs are within the house
- wheelchair and disability accessible to the house, within the house and to the pool with ramps that provide access to and from the Casa and the outdoor areas including the fantastic pool. The ramps are wide and gradual.
- wheelchair and disability accessible and friendly master bathroom and shower
- open concept main living area with two sitting areas and a full dining room suite with built in sideboard
- Costa Rican artworks decorate many of the walls in the house
- all rooms individually air conditioned
- all rooms have ceiling fans
- three very generously sized bedrooms each with a queen bed, the third bedroom has a day bed as well
- comfortably sleeps 6 but there is room for 3 additional persons most suitably for children (one on the day bed and 2 on the available inflatable double mattress)
- newly added: new foldable crib/playpen and highchair for youngsters
- fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook with gas cooktop and prep sink, convection wall oven, dishwasher and side by side refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser, coffee maker and blenders for all your favorite drinks. Non breakable glasses and dinnerware are available for your use poolside.
- washer and dryer in a separate laundry/storage room just off the kitchen
- a separate fitness area which includes an eliptical machine, dumbbells, exercise bands, yoga mats, an exercise mat and skip rope for your enjoyment. The private and separate exterior patio area is a wonderful location for your warm up or cool down stretches with a great view of the mountains off in the distance.
- native wood finished 14 foot ceilings in all rooms with pot lights throughout the house, full sized lighted closets for your use with a walk through closet in the master bedroom and large windows and/or patio doors in each room that provide spectacular views of the ocean and the mountains and the pool.
- 2 spa like bathrooms tiled in marble and travertine limestone with large showers, one for the master and the other for the two guest rooms
- a half bath off the main living area for your convenience
- kitchen cabinets, wall unit, dining room sideboard and the raised kitchen island and all interior and exterior doors and all the bathroom vanities were beautifully custom crafted with native woods by a local woodworker
- 42 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the living area, DVD player and Apple TV available for use and a wireless sound system also available for use.
- 37 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the master bedroom
- a selection of DVDs for your use
- a selection of novels available for your use
- a selection of Costa Rica guide books available for your use
- wireless internet is accessible throughout the house and the outside patio area, even around the pool
- complimentary local telephone within Costa Rica and a cell phone for your use while out and about
- security system and exterior security lighting
- locking entry gate off the parking area
- parking area for 2 – 3 cars
- large safe for your valuables
- excellent quality linens, bath towels and pool towels provided;
- housekeeping service is provided each Monday, Wednesday and Friday; this can be increased if desired but at an extra charge for each day in excess of the days provided. (NOTE: Sunday is not available for housekeeping service) Housekeeping does not include personal laundry service.
- Large outdoor area, much of it covered from the sun and rain
- Beautiful fully landscaped garden areas surround the house
- Fantastic pool with lounging bench, shallow area great to lounge in or for the kids and a full 8 feet deep lap pool area
- Stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool for rinsing off before and after your swim
- Manuel Antonio Beach, a short 10 - 15 minutes away was voted the Best Beach in Central America for 2013 and one of the top 15 beaches in the world in 2016 !!!!
Clyde and Scott have been together for 17 years. Both professionals, they were raised in Manitoba, Canada and now live in Southern Ontario.
Clyde Bond purchased this house in 2013
Casa Oso de los Perezoso is our home; a dream realized after a number of years of contemplating purchasing a home in Costa Rica to enjoy as our vacation home and as our residence on a semi full time basis in the future.
We decided 4 years ago that we wanted to make Costa Rica a part of our life permanently and this house is the realization of that dream. We have been to Costa Rica many times and while we have vacationed in other areas, we have always gravitated back to Manuel Antonio/ Quepos for the lifestyle it provides. Great restaurants, friendly people, safe drinking water, amazing beaches, our list could go on for ever. When we saw this property - we knew it was the one. Who couldn't fall in love with that pool?! The other requirement we wanted was a house all on one level, so that we could host any guest, regardless of their mobility needs. Most homes in this area have many steps that you have to navigate for the views. We thought that this house provided us the ocean views we wanted, the amenities we wanted to share with our family and friends and a great place to unwind for a few days or a few weeks.
We offer it to you for your use and enjoyment as your home while you stay with us. We truly hope that you will come to appreciate the beauty and vitality of the country of Costa Rica and it's people as we do.
A special THANK YOU to one of our guests Emil O. Florea - a professional photographer from Montreal, Canada who took some of the photos for the site - he captured the energy of the house perfectly! If you would like to see more of Emil's work, read Emil's review for his contact information or let us know and we can put you in contact with him.
The amazing view from the common living areas out over the pool and beyond to the ocean - it is simply breathtaking. As soon as you arrive, you simply want to unwind and relax with your favorite libation, a good book at poolside or a refreshing dip in the pool.
Scott loves to cook so the kitchen is fully set up, from gas cooktop to wall oven with all the necessary tools to make fantastic snacks and meals and a new dishwasher to make clean up a breeze.
Don't want to cook inside and miss the views, BBQ on the patio overlooking the pool, the valley and the mountains where there is more than enough space to enjoy your guests as you cook those fantastic meals.
We have recently done renovations to add wheelchair and disability ramps to all outside areas of the Casa to provide easy access to and from the Casa and to the outdoor areas including the pool. They are either permanent cement or wooden removable and have been constructed with care to ensure that they provide safe and easy movement. We constructed them specifically for a friend's daughter who uses a wheelchair. We are quite proud to now say our Casa is truly wheelchair and disability friendly, a rarity in Costa Rica.
This was our first trip to Costa Rica and we feel fortunate to have experienced this stunning property.
First of all, it's clearly a HOME not a rental. The owners have decorated and outfitted the rooms and kitchen with everything one could possibly need. Immaculately clean and beautifully landscaped.
If you want that "once in a lifetime" vacation and the memories to match (without breaking the bank) you should seriously consider planning a stay at Casa oso de los perezoso. You will be happy with the decision. The cherry on top of a most wonderful Costa Rica experience.
We will be back!
This was our second visit to Costa Rica, in the last three years, and we could not have picked a more spectacular house to be in for our time in the Quepos area. It is very well appointed both inside and out and the views from the pool area, especially as the sun is setting, are drop dead gorgeous. After our daily excursions, it was definitely a great place to come back to and take a swim in the beautiful infinity pool, and just soak in the views from the deck, as you sip on a cold one. The house is very close to the local airport, supermarkets, and of course, the town of Quepos and Manuel Antonio, so you are centrally located to everything you need. Even our guests, who are from Costa Rica and have been to Quepos many times before, loved the place and said, we could not have picked a better place...
The owner, Scott answered every question we had when initially planning our trip and Dina was helpful, on site, when we needed to schedule some local activities, so you are in good hands with both of them. As well, the housekeeping / outside crew, also went out of their way to assist us while there..
Bottom line, no need to hesitate on this place, if your looking for a great getaway to the pacific side of Costa Rica, as you will feel like you are in paradise once you enter the gates to this home!!! Thanks Scott and we look forward to coming back, in the near future, to your most beautiful home.
Steve & Karen
The six of us returned to this fabulous casa for the third year in a row! We have spent every vacation for the past twelve years in CR and this home has become our favorite place to stay. Great kitchen, perfect pool, comfortable beds, close to anything we need! Already planning next year's trip!
My group of six just got back from 8 days at this casa. What a wonderful experience! Everything was easy and efficient from my initial contact with Scott to our last adios to Danny (the gardener). Dina was helpful and attentive to our needs/wants and made sure that we were comfortable not just with the house, but in CR in general. The house is so nice! Everything has been thought through and done well. I highly recommend this property, not just because it's beautiful, but because they helped make organizing a vacation for 6 opinionated adults, easy : )
We just had one of the best trips I can remember to the Manuel Antonio / Quepos area of Costa Rica. I've officially given up on travelling to the Caribbean and Mexico and now I'm "all in" on Central America. Authentic, safe, and kind of affordable. Picture vast areas of lush mountainous jungle full of wildlife leading down to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We had the pleasure of staying at this great property and loved it. Every modern convenience has been thought of - chef's kitchen, excellent AC system, patio tiles that don't heat up in the sun, TV with satellite (I don't think we ever used it), good security system. Very clean with modern, tasteful furniture. The pool is awesome - the deep end is quite deep 8 or 9 feet which helps to keep the pool cool on hot days. The backyard and pool is like a postcard setting and we just enjoyed sitting and staring out at the view in the evenings. Dina, the property manager, lives very close to the house and was very helpful in recommending activities, restaurants and such. Her English is so flawless you would think she was from Canada or the US. Perhaps our only compliant about the property was that the bed in the second room is only a double which was tight (thankfully my wife and I got the master suite!)
I'd recommend having a car if you plan to stay here - not possible to walk into town. There are cabs that we used one night that worked well, but if you are a group that likes to explore best to have a car. Really, if you are visiting this area of Costa Rica you need a car regardless of where you stay. We had a chef come to the house one night - Chris - cooked a fantastic dinner. We went for swims between courses. Nothing says living like fine dining with good friends with no shirt on! We are already planning our next trip
We had a wonderful stay with our two small daughters at this beautiful property which has wonderful views of the mountains, the ocean and an infinity pool. The location was perfect - about 5 minutes drive from Quepos and 10 minutes from Manuel Antonio and the beach. Dina the property manager is wonderful, lives right next door, and arranged for all our tours and event in the area. We were at first worried about it being far from the beach, but it turned out to be one of the best decision we made. The beach area in Manuel Antonio is pretty built up, so this property was a wonderful oasis after the days events. You do need a car to get around, but it is easy to drive around the area. In fact we drove in from San Jose and it was an easy drive - if you do not take a GPS make sure you buy a local phone chip at the airport and load it with around $20, enough for phone calls and google maps. We had more than one great Italian meals at Restaurante Escalofrio in Quepos.
Top class surfing less than 30 minutes away
A wide variety and style of restaurants for dining out
Farmers Market each Friday night and Saturday morning and a Central Market every day
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
HIGH SEASON #3
Jan 2 2017 - Apr 7 2017
3 night minimum stay
Apr 8 2017 - Apr 16 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.