About the property
- House2000 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
Spacious 3 Bedroom 3 Bathroom, Sleeps 8, Home, Stunning Infinity Pool
Welcome to Casa oso de los perezoso (translated as 'the house of the bear sloth'). Bear Sloths are a common sight in the Manuel Antonio area and in particular in the National Park located there. They seem to take life easy and are very laid back; something we love about the lifestyle and the people of Costa Rica and something that we hope you are able to achieve while here in Costa Rica.
Oso de los Perezoso is very private and secure, sitting behind a beautiful large handcrafted wooden gate created by a local woodworker from native wood, and a privacy wall. Located on a 2 acre lot within Finca Se Ve Bien (Looking Good Farm), the Finca comprises 100 hectares with approximately 15 residences located within the Finca. Most of the remaining land area has been left as jungle and forest. Oso de los Perezoso sits atop a hill above the valley and offers spectacular unobstructed views of the mountains to the north and east and the valley below and the Pacific ocean to the west. Facing west, you will truly enjoy the beautiful sunsets each night from the outdoor patio area.
Our Casa is just over 2000 square feet of indoor living. All of this on one level. And our Case is now handicap accessible and disability friendly - a rarity in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area!
There are 3 very generously sized, fully furnished bedrooms, designed with two separated bedroom wings to provide privacy for our guests. The master suite is located in one wing of the house with the other two bedrooms in the opposite wing. Joining the two wings is a large open concept common area that contains the comfortably furnished living and dining rooms, a sitting area and a fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook. A bar height counter made from a large single piece of native wood with bar stools, handcrafted by a local woodworker, overlooks the kitchen area enabling you and your guests to socialize while the meal is being prepared. All rooms have spectacular views of the mountains, the valley or the ocean as well as the incredible outdoor living area and infinity pool.
Each bedroom room and the common living area have their own individual air conditioner, however you will find no need for them during the day when the large patio doors of the living area and the bedrooms are opened, letting the late morning and afternoon breezes flow through the house. Each room in our Casa has ceiling fans to assist in air movement and even the elevated outdoor patio areas have fans.
While you will find the interior spacious and very comfortable the outdoor living area is spectacular.
Anchored by a one of a kind infinity edged pool, there is approximately 2000 square feet of additional space. You will thoroughly enjoy the combination of the covered, elevated patio area shading you from the sun or rain and a luxurious lower patio area of limestone (that never gets hot in the brilliant and powerful sun of Costa Rica) that surrounds the infinity edged pool. The lower level is accessed by a wide and gently declining staircase. The outdoor area is fully equipped with a large SunSail for shade, sun umbrellas, chaises and tables and chairs for your enjoyment as well as a new propane BBQ. The pool is constructed with beautiful, non slip, quartz tiling with gentle and wide steps to your submersed sitting bench and a one meter deep pool area that is great to lounge in or is great for the kids. The lap area of the pool is a consistent 8 feet deep and is great to swim in or do laps. You will enjoy a cooling shower after a day out and about under the newly installed stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool.
We have recently installed permanent cement ramps and a few portable ramps for wheelchairs and disabled persons that allows easy access to and from the Casa and the outdoor areas including those areas by the pool. We believe the access that these ramps provide truly makes our Casa a rare find in Costa Rica.
Dina, our property manager is conveniently located next door to our Casa. She is fluent in both English and Spanish. A native Costa Rican, she is very familiar with the Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas. She is also experienced in the hospitality and real estate industry.
She will communicate with you well before you arrive to assist with any requests or questions you may have. Dina will meet you on arrival and assist you in settling in and learning the fantastic features of our Casa.
She is available to assist you, both before you arrive and when you are at our Casa with your travel plans and activities. She will be able to provide you with a wide range of information on the numerous activities in the area, make your reservations for you and ensure that they are trouble- free. She knows about all the restaurants and bars and is up to date on the best of the tour companies and what they have to offer and the costs. She will make sure your stay is a worry free and a memorable one. We encourage you to take advantage of Dina's knowledge and contacts.
Here are just some of the main features of our Casa:
- all on one level – no stairs are within the house
- wheelchair and disability accessible to the house, within the house and to the pool with ramps that provide access to and from the Casa and the outdoor areas including the fantastic pool. The ramps are wide and gradual.
- wheelchair and disability accessible and friendly master bathroom and shower
- open concept main living area with two sitting areas and a full dining room suite with built in sideboard
- Costa Rican artworks decorate many of the walls in the house
- all rooms individually air conditioned
- all rooms have ceiling fans
- three very generously sized bedrooms each with a queen bed, the third bedroom has a day bed as well
- comfortably sleeps 6 but there is room for 3 additional persons most suitably for children (one on the day bed and 2 on the available inflatable double mattress)
- newly added: new foldable crib/playpen and highchair for youngsters
- fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook with gas cooktop and prep sink, convection wall oven, dishwasher and side by side refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser, coffee maker and blenders for all your favorite drinks. Non breakable glasses and dinnerware are available for your use poolside.
- washer and dryer in a separate laundry/storage room just off the kitchen
- a separate fitness area which includes an eliptical machine, dumbbells, exercise bands, yoga mats, an exercise mat and skip rope for your enjoyment. The private and separate exterior patio area is a wonderful location for your warm up or cool down stretches with a great view of the mountains off in the distance.
- native wood finished 14 foot ceilings in all rooms with pot lights throughout the house, full sized lighted closets for your use with a walk through closet in the master bedroom and large windows and/or patio doors in each room that provide spectacular views of the ocean and the mountains and the pool.
- 2 spa like bathrooms tiled in marble and travertine limestone with large showers, one for the master and the other for the two guest rooms
- a half bath off the main living area for your convenience
- kitchen cabinets, wall unit, dining room sideboard and the raised kitchen island and all interior and exterior doors and all the bathroom vanities were beautifully custom crafted with native woods by a local woodworker
- 42 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the living area, DVD player and Apple TV available for use and a wireless sound system also available for use.
- 37 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the master bedroom
- a selection of DVDs for your use
- a selection of novels available for your use
- a selection of Costa Rica guide books available for your use
- wireless internet is accessible throughout the house and the outside patio area, even around the pool
- complimentary local telephone within Costa Rica and a cell phone for your use while out and about
- security system and exterior security lighting
- locking entry gate off the parking area
- parking area for 2 – 3 cars
- large safe for your valuables
- excellent quality linens, bath towels and pool towels provided;
- housekeeping service is provided each Monday, Wednesday and Friday; this can be increased if desired but at an extra charge for each day in excess of the days provided. (NOTE: Sunday is not available for housekeeping service) Housekeeping does not include personal laundry service.
- Large outdoor area, much of it covered from the sun and rain
- Beautiful fully landscaped garden areas surround the house
- Fantastic pool with lounging bench, shallow area great to lounge in or for the kids and a full 8 feet deep lap pool area
- Stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool for rinsing off before and after your swim
- Manuel Antonio Beach, a short 10 - 15 minutes away was voted the Best Beach in Central America for 2013 and one of the top 15 beaches in the world in 2016 !!!!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 11, 2018
About Clyde Bond
Clyde and Scott have been together for 17 years. Both professionals, they were raised in Manitoba, Canada and now live in Southern Ontario.
Clyde Bond purchased this House in 2013
Why Clyde Bond chose Quepos
Casa Oso de los Perezoso is our home; a dream realized after a number of years of contemplating purchasing a home in Costa Rica to enjoy as our vacation home and as our residence on a semi full time basis in the future. We decided 4 years ago that we wanted to make Costa Rica a part of our life permanently and this house is the realization of that dream. We have been to Costa Rica many times and while we have vacationed in other areas, we have always gravitated back to Manuel Antonio/ Quepos for the lifestyle it provides. Great restaurants, friendly people, safe drinking water, amazing beaches, our list could go on for ever. When we saw this property - we knew it was the one. Who couldn't fall in love with that pool?! The other requirement we wanted was a house all on one level, so that we could host any guest, regardless of their mobility needs. Most homes in this area have many steps that you have to navigate for the views. We thought that this house provided us the ocean views we wanted, the amenities we wanted to share with our family and friends and a great place to unwind for a few days or a few weeks. We offer it to you for your use and enjoyment as your home while you stay with us. We truly hope that you will come to appreciate the beauty and vitality of the country of Costa Rica and it's people as we do. A special THANK YOU to one of our guests Emil O. Florea - a professional photographer from Montreal, Canada who took some of the photos for the site - he captured the energy of the house perfectly! If you would like to see more of Emil's work, read Emil's review for his contact information or let us know and we can put you in contact with him.
What makes this House unique
The amazing view from the common living areas out over the pool and beyond to the ocean - it is simply breathtaking. As soon as you arrive, you simply want to unwind and relax with your favorite libation, a good book at poolside or a refreshing dip in the pool. Scott loves to cook so the kitchen is fully set up, from gas cooktop to wall oven with all the necessary tools to make fantastic snacks and meals and a new dishwasher to make clean up a breeze. Don't want to cook inside and miss the views, BBQ on the patio overlooking the pool, the valley and the mountains where there is more than enough space to enjoy your guests as you cook those fantastic meals. We have recently done renovations to add wheelchair and disability ramps to all outside areas of the Casa to provide easy access to and from the Casa and to the outdoor areas including the pool. They are either permanent cement or wooden removable and have been constructed with care to ensure that they provide safe and easy movement. We constructed them specifically for a friend's daughter who uses a wheelchair. We are quite proud to now say our Casa is truly wheelchair and disability friendly, a rarity in Costa Rica.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Amazing Home Away from Home!
We just returned from our Spring Break where our family (2 Adults, 3 Children -ages 17, 15, 11) spent a portion our time at this home. This is our 2nd trip to Costa Rica but first time in this area of the country. We began our trip at the Arenal Volcano and stayed in a high end resort. It was well worth the 4.5 hour drive through the mountains and down the coast to reach Quepos. This home felt like our own private 5 star resort. In fact, our entire family preferred this home over the resort at Arenal. Just as all the other reviewers have mentioned, It is beautiful inside and out. It is fully equipped with absolutely everything you need. It is a great place to relax before and after the days adventures. We felt very safe here -as we always have in CR. It is close to everything but feels like you are isolated in your own oasis. Best of all, this was the easiest vacation to plan. Scott and Clyde responded very quickly to all of our inquiries and made booking the property so easy. And we cannot fail to mention Dina. She was so kind and extremely helpful. We tend to decide things at the last minute and she was so accommodating. Everyone of her recommendations were excellent. (Dina we hope you see these reviews -you are amazing.) We highly recommend booking this casa.. even our teen daughters who are difficult to please... were not ready to leave. Our only issue was that the Geckos around the property refused to give us a quote on car insurance. (LOL)
What a fantastic find! The house was beautiful - clean, great set up, and well furnished. The pool/deck were perfect. We spent every evening watching the sunset over the water, cooling off in the pool and enjoying the wildlife.
Spectacular experience overall!!!
This house for our family including a 6 and 9 year old could not have been any better! It was our own oasis in the middle of all the adventure Costa Rica has to offer. First I’d like to state this house is impeccably clean, very well designed and something you’d find featured in a travel magazine. We loved the natural light from all the windows in all the rooms that overlooked rainforest ocean views. In the evening you could relax by the pool and watch the sunset over the ocean which was simply breathtaking. The house is a short drive to town and a whole lot of adventure. Bugs especially mosquitos were surprisingly minimal. Dina, the property manager was especially helpful setting up all excursions to the best places which made life so very easy!!! Thanks Dina. Thank you so much Clyde and Scott for sharing your home with us. We are very lucky we found this gem!
Clyde and I are so happy to hear that you and your family had a great time! Thank you very much for the kind words. We think we are pretty fortunate to have a little slice of paradise and so glad when others enjoy it as well.
We hope you and your family come back soon!
Scott and Clyde
Beautiful Sunsets, Beautiful Property
This property is very well maintained and we totally enjoyed our stay in Quepos. We relaxed by the pool and soaked in the sun and surrounding views. This house is away from the busy streets of Quepos and Manuel Antonio but close enough to enjoy the many restaurants and activities within a few minutes. The house is actively maintained by local staff and the gardens around the house are beautiful. Dina, the property manager, was very helpful and provided us with information on the local dining and activities.
Very relaxing stay at your Casa and we hope to visit again!
Fabulous time in Quepos, Costa Rica!
We had a fabulous time at Clyde and Scott’s beautiful Casa in late December/early January, 2017/2018.
This is the first time any of the four of us has been to Costa Rica and the experience and accommodations we found to be first rate. We did not lack for anything. Their home is gorgeous, spacious and private with a spectacular view in every direction that one viewed. We loved our daily visitors of two toucans in the tree by the infinity pool.
When we wanted to do any activity, we had the wonderful assistance of Dina, the property manager/neighbour, who was just wonderful. We couldn’t have done it without her! We saw many awesome places. If one does not wish to sight-see you can just simply relax by the poolside. Even if it does rain, the overhang all around the casa protects one so you can continue to enjoy the outdoors.
In the evenings we sat outdoors where the lighting is warm and splendid to view. What a peaceful and tropical setting that made for a wonderful holiday. We will definitely return to the casa!
Wonderful stay with family!
We had a wonderful stay at Scott and Clyde's casa while we were in Costa Rica Dec 2017.
This was our third trip to the area and 4 years since our last trip there and I would have to say that the tourism industry has grown! Also we were there at Christmas time this year and that makes a HUGE difference in the number of people that are around.
The house itself is wonderful and has all the amenities that you could want. From hair dryers to drink blenders to a hot milk foamer- truly everything you need!
There were a couple of things that i would recommend too enhance your trip experience.
1. Make sure you take an unlocked phone and get a sim card at the airport and a plan. We were there for 2.5 weeks so I took the $17.00 plan for 30 days and 3 gigs of data. So glad we did this as we had internet issues one day and wifi was non-existent and our 5 adult children whom were with us needed to be connected during that time!
2. Download WAZE- the road app for Costa Rica. This is a MUST if you are going to do any traveling extensively in the country and in particular if you are doing anything in cities. Signage has improved immensely since 4 years ago but WAZE was a lifesaver!
3. UNLESS you have to pick up your vehicle in San Jose i would highly recommend flying with Sansa to quespos and then renting your car from Adobe there. SO much less stressful and who needs a three hour nail biting drive after a long flight.
4. We did a number of tours. Hightlights were the Whitewater rafting with Pro Rafting and the Waterfalls at Nauyaca are cheap and well worth the time. You can walk up and back which is a 4 KM hike each way or you can rent a horse. Waterfalls are wonderful.
5. Spend a day and head to Dominical. It is about a 30 minute drive but the driving is easy and the trip is worth it. IF you have lawnchairs and an umbrella take them as it is worth it. Way less people than the beaches at Manuel Antonio. IF surfing is your thing you can get a lesson and board in Dominical for $50.00. Waves are bigger there too. Check out Phat Noodle and Mongo Congo for food.
6. The new Marina is wonderful and a great spot for wifi and a beer on those days when the internet might be out!
7. Don't freak out if the geckos and iguanas are around the house/pool. They are harmless- leave them alone and they will leave you alone!
8. Dina is a godsend for figuring out details...listen to her recommendations!
Thanks for a great family holiday!
National Park Wildlife tours Zip lining ATV tours Canyoning Top class surfing less than 30 minutes away A wide variety and style of restaurants for dining out Farmers Market each Friday night and Saturday morning and a Central Market every day
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.