Welcome to Casa oso de los perezoso (translated as 'the house of the bear sloth'). Bear Sloths are a common sight in the Manuel Antonio area and in particular in the National Park located there. They seem to take life easy and are very laid back; something we love about the lifestyle and the people of Costa Rica and something that we hope you are able to achieve while here in Costa Rica.
Oso de los Perezoso is very private and secure, sitting behind a beautiful large handcrafted wooden gate created by a local woodworker from native wood, and a privacy wall. Located on a 2 acre lot within Finca Se Ve Bien (Looking Good Farm), the Finca comprises 100 hectares with approximately 15 residences located within the Finca. Most of the remaining land area has been left as jungle and forest. Oso de los Perezoso sits atop a hill above the valley and offers spectacular unobstructed views of the mountains to the north and east and the valley below and the Pacific ocean to the west. Facing west, you will truly enjoy the beautiful sunsets each night from the outdoor patio area.
Our Casa is just over 2000 square feet of indoor living. All of this on one level. And our Case is now handicap accessible and disability friendly - a rarity in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area!
There are 3 very generously sized, fully furnished bedrooms, designed with two separated bedroom wings to provide privacy for our guests. The master suite is located in one wing of the house with the other two bedrooms in the opposite wing. Joining the two wings is a large open concept common area that contains the comfortably furnished living and dining rooms, a sitting area and a fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook. A bar height counter made from a large single piece of native wood with bar stools, handcrafted by a local woodworker, overlooks the kitchen area enabling you and your guests to socialize while the meal is being prepared. All rooms have spectacular views of the mountains, the valley or the ocean as well as the incredible outdoor living area and infinity pool.
Each bedroom room and the common living area have their own individual air conditioner, however you will find no need for them during the day when the large patio doors of the living area and the bedrooms are opened, letting the late morning and afternoon breezes flow through the house. Each room in our Casa has ceiling fans to assist in air movement and even the elevated outdoor patio areas have fans.
While you will find the interior spacious and very comfortable the outdoor living area is spectacular.
Anchored by a one of a kind infinity edged pool, there is approximately 2000 square feet of additional space. You will thoroughly enjoy the combination of the covered, elevated patio area shading you from the sun or rain and a luxurious lower patio area of limestone (that never gets hot in the brilliant and powerful sun of Costa Rica) that surrounds the infinity edged pool. The lower level is accessed by a wide and gently declining staircase. The outdoor area is fully equipped with a large SunSail for shade, sun umbrellas, chaises and tables and chairs for your enjoyment as well as a new propane BBQ. The pool is constructed with beautiful, non slip, quartz tiling with gentle and wide steps to your submersed sitting bench and a one meter deep pool area that is great to lounge in or is great for the kids. The lap area of the pool is a consistent 8 feet deep and is great to swim in or do laps. You will enjoy a cooling shower after a day out and about under the newly installed stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool.
We have recently installed permanent cement ramps and a few portable ramps for wheelchairs and disabled persons that allows easy access to and from the Casa and the outdoor areas including those areas by the pool. We believe the access that these ramps provide truly makes our Casa a rare find in Costa Rica.
Dina, our property manager is conveniently located next door to our Casa. She is fluent in both English and Spanish. A native Costa Rican, she is very familiar with the Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas. She is also experienced in the hospitality and real estate industry.
She will communicate with you well before you arrive to assist with any requests or questions you may have. Dina will meet you on arrival and assist you in settling in and learning the fantastic features of our Casa.
She is available to assist you, both before you arrive and when you are at our Casa with your travel plans and activities. She will be able to provide you with a wide range of information on the numerous activities in the area, make your reservations for you and ensure that they are trouble- free. She knows about all the restaurants and bars and is up to date on the best of the tour companies and what they have to offer and the costs. She will make sure your stay is a worry free and a memorable one. We encourage you to take advantage of Dina's knowledge and contacts.
Here are just some of the main features of our Casa:
- all on one level – no stairs are within the house
- wheelchair and disability accessible to the house, within the house and to the pool with ramps that provide access to and from the Casa and the outdoor areas including the fantastic pool. The ramps are wide and gradual.
- wheelchair and disability accessible and friendly master bathroom and shower
- open concept main living area with two sitting areas and a full dining room suite with built in sideboard
- Costa Rican artworks decorate many of the walls in the house
- all rooms individually air conditioned
- all rooms have ceiling fans
- three very generously sized bedrooms each with a queen bed, the third bedroom has a day bed as well
- comfortably sleeps 6 but there is room for 3 additional persons most suitably for children (one on the day bed and 2 on the available inflatable double mattress)
- newly added: new foldable crib/playpen and highchair for youngsters
- fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook with gas cooktop and prep sink, convection wall oven, dishwasher and side by side refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser, coffee maker and blenders for all your favorite drinks. Non breakable glasses and dinnerware are available for your use poolside.
- washer and dryer in a separate laundry/storage room just off the kitchen
- a separate fitness area which includes an eliptical machine, dumbbells, exercise bands, yoga mats, an exercise mat and skip rope for your enjoyment. The private and separate exterior patio area is a wonderful location for your warm up or cool down stretches with a great view of the mountains off in the distance.
- native wood finished 14 foot ceilings in all rooms with pot lights throughout the house, full sized lighted closets for your use with a walk through closet in the master bedroom and large windows and/or patio doors in each room that provide spectacular views of the ocean and the mountains and the pool.
- 2 spa like bathrooms tiled in marble and travertine limestone with large showers, one for the master and the other for the two guest rooms
- a half bath off the main living area for your convenience
- kitchen cabinets, wall unit, dining room sideboard and the raised kitchen island and all interior and exterior doors and all the bathroom vanities were beautifully custom crafted with native woods by a local woodworker
- 42 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the living area, DVD player and Apple TV available for use and a wireless sound system also available for use.
- 37 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the master bedroom
- a selection of DVDs for your use
- a selection of novels available for your use
- a selection of Costa Rica guide books available for your use
- wireless internet is accessible throughout the house and the outside patio area, even around the pool
- complimentary local telephone within Costa Rica and a cell phone for your use while out and about
- security system and exterior security lighting
- locking entry gate off the parking area
- parking area for 2 – 3 cars
- large safe for your valuables
- excellent quality linens, bath towels and pool towels provided;
- housekeeping service is provided each Monday, Wednesday and Friday; this can be increased if desired but at an extra charge for each day in excess of the days provided. (NOTE: Sunday is not available for housekeeping service) Housekeeping does not include personal laundry service.
- Large outdoor area, much of it covered from the sun and rain
- Beautiful fully landscaped garden areas surround the house
- Fantastic pool with lounging bench, shallow area great to lounge in or for the kids and a full 8 feet deep lap pool area
- Stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool for rinsing off before and after your swim
- Manuel Antonio Beach, a short 10 - 15 minutes away was voted the Best Beach in Central America for 2013 and one of the top 15 beaches in the world in 2016 !!!!