|Minimum Stay||3 - 6 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Park Forest Chalet is ideal for those seeking a private home in a quiet setting with excellent accessibility to the ski slopes and the town of Breckenridge! This 4 bedroom/3 bath home comes with its own private hot tub and lots of extras. It was built in 1997 and has recently been remodeled with a new kitchen, new furnishings, tile and hardwood floors throughout.
Location – This property is conveniently located off Ski Hill Road in Park Forest Estates near Peak 8. It’s approximately 2 blocks from the free shuttle which takes you to town or a short one minute ride to the base of Peak 8. The Breckenridge Nordic Center, with numerous groomed cross country and snowshoeing ski trails is an easy walk. Or, you can walk approximately 3 blocks (5 to 10 minutes) to and from Four O'Clock ski run where you can ski down to the Snow Flake lift – when conditions permit (see satellite overview in photos).
Amenities - The interior of the house features vaulted ceilings that highlight the master bedroom, living room and kitchen area. The well-equipped modern kitchen has oak cabinetry, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and a Keurig coffee machine. The spacious living room is the ideal spot to relax and watch a movie on the large flat screen TV or listen to music on the stereo with your group. The private hot tub is only steps away on the front deck to relax after a fun day on the mountain. There is plenty of storage in the private garage to store your ski and snowboard equipment.
Property at a Glance
• 4 Bedrooms / 3 Baths (3 Full) / 1,929 s.f.
• Sleeps up to 12 – 1 King, 3 Queens, 1 Single Bunk (twin over twin) & 1 Sleeper Sofa
• High Speed Internet
• View – Wooded
• Park Forest Estates Neighborhood – Peak 8
• Location to Slopes / Main St:
o Slopes – 1.3 miles to Peak 8 base
o Shuttle – 2 blocks to shuttle on Ski Hill Rd.
o Main St. – 1.3 miles
• Dining Capacity - Up to 14 people + child high chair (10 – dining area table, 4 – kitchen island counter)
• Gas fireplace in main level Master Bedroom
• Living Room (main level) – sleeper sofa, large flat screen TV, Bose stereo system with DVD player
• Outdoor Patio – private outdoor hot tub & charcoal grill
• Laundry – full-size washer & dryer set located in mud room
• Garage & mud room
• Child high chair & portable crib
• Parking – 1 car garage – 1 outdoor space – 2 spaces total
• No Pets/No Smoking
Imagine a signature collection of exclusive mountain vacation rentals in Breckenridge. Picture extravagant ski homes, true ski-in/ski-out condos and extreme comfort at the end of your ski day. Welcome to Pinnacle Lodging in Breckenridge, Colorado. Renting and managing over 120 properties, we are Breckenridge's luxury vacation rental company. Our premium properties, friendly staff and superior customer service - your perfect mountain vacation.
Well Equipped and very comfortable. Plenty of space for our family of 14 to enjoy eating together and hanging out. Nice that all bedrooms had a bathroom. Shuttle stop one block away, but walking to slope or to town very doable.
We had 9 young professionals staying in the house for a long weekend, and it worked out fantastically for us.
- Well-outfitted for a rental property (plenty of bath towels, hot tub towels, kitchen utensils, etc.), including what look to be nice, pretty new appliances
- Comfortably fits three cars - one in the garage, and two in the driveway
- Hot tub was clean, worked wonderfully, and was literally just outside the front door
- Three bathrooms made it easy for everyone to get ready at the same time
- Picking up our keys and checking out were super easy and pain-free - our friend who set up the rental wasn't getting in until late, and it was no hassle to arrange for me to pick up the keys earlier in the day (even before the posted check-in time) instead. Very impressed with VisitBreck.
- Relatively close to 'downtown' Breckenridge, which made it easy to get to restaurants, shops, etc.
- Bose sound system/television were challenging to operate - we never could get it to just play music
- Ski-in, yes... ski-out, not so much. The house sits near the middle of the Lower Four O'Clock run, so at the end of the day, you can head down the run and stop partway down. From there it is about a 5-minute downhill walk to the property - not so bad. However, while skiing out would be possible, you would end up at the very bottom of slopes, and would need catch the gondola or something back up to any of the lifts. Not to worry though - the ski shuttle stop is just a couple minutes' walk away, and during the day, a shuttle comes by every 10-15 minutes, and a 3 minute ride gets you to the base of both peaks 7 and 8.
- Views/privacy - the house is in a quiet neighborhood (we saw very few people), but was rather close to the adjoining property. Being in a neighborhood, it didn't have much of a view either. Not a problem, unless being in a more remote, 'romantic' setting is what you're looking for.
- Good to know: apparently the hot tub is only to be used before 10pm - not sure how strictly this is enforced, though
Overall, this house was a great deal for the price we paid. It is a bit older, and certainly isn't the fanciest rental property in Breck, but it was clean, comfortable, and close to everything.