Two bedroom cottage to sleep 4-5 on the beautiful south west coast of Donegal
- english, french, spanish
I am an escaped teacher, but haven't quite escaped education ... I live in Yorkshire, love travel, camping, wild places and this part of Ireland. I bought the cottage 14 years ago whilst holidaying in the area ... I love spending time there and sharing this special place with others. Part of the fun is making the cottage and its garden as inviting as possible - and always finding new places to explore in this lovely corner of Donegal.
Sue purchased this Cottage in 2005
Why Sue chose Bruckless
Love at first sight!
What makes this Cottage unique
The charm and character of a traditional thatched cottage and turf fire The beautiful views from the terrace The peaceful location - yet still close to Dunkineely village, several pubs, Donegal Town, Killybegs and Ardara. The stunning coastline and especially the scenery and sunsets of nearby St John's Point. The friendly faces everywhere you go!
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
True Irish Charm!
This was an authentic Irish cottage, offering g all the comforts and charm of an Irish home. Communication with managers was excellent and the local people were friendly and fun. We would certainly return. Quick access to grocery stores and beautiful scenic views. Loved Bridge Cottage!
Thanks so much for the feedback, Loretta. I’m really pleased you and your party enjoyed the cottage. Safe travels back to Canada!
A wonderful stay, thank you
We loved our week at Bridge Cottage in the wild and beautiful landscape of Donegal. A cosy, comfortable cottage within easy reach of stunning beaches.
Many thanks to Sue, the owner and Ann the local caretaker.
A very nice en authentic cottage on a beautiful spot in the countryside.
Only minus; it's a bit dark inside and the sofa + chair should be put out of their misery.
Wonderful week in cosy Bridge cottage.
Many thanks for a wonderful week in the very cosy and comfortable Bridge Cottage. Fantastic base from which to explore this beautiful part of Donegal. The cottage is colourful and full of character-a real home away from home. The beaches nearby are simply stunning - especially Maghera! And to top it off Dolly the sheep welcomed us home in hilarious style each evening!
The host was very friendly and helpful. The place was clean. There is a sheep in the back that my family really enjoyed watching. Highly recommended.
EXACTLY what we were looking for......simple, quaint, quiet and beautiful setting. The pasture behind the house was an amazing sight to awaken to each morning. A highlight of our visit to this home was the little sheep in the backyard that would greet us any time we stepped outside! Loved the local pubs.
Glad you enjoyed your stay Stephanie and that Dolly the sheep was on form! Many thanks for booking the cottage :)
Ideally situated :
• Just off the Wild Atlantic Way in a peaceful, scenic area surrounded by vistas of lochs and glens
• 5 minutes’ drive to the local village with shops, café, four pubs and traditional music
• 2 miles to the beautiful peninsula of St John’s Point: idyllic coral beach and lighthouse walk
• Miles of stunning white beaches and rugged cliffs within easy reach of the cottage
• Blue Stack Mountains – 40 minutes
• Slieve League (highest sea cliffs in Europe) - 40 minutes
• Colourful Donegal Town with its castle and harbour - 25 minutes
• Killybegs with its bustling fishing harbour - 15 minutes
• Ardara (vibrant centre for Donegal tweeds and woollens ) - 20 minutes
• Glenveagh National Park (mountains and forests) - 1 hour
• Information Book about the local area as well as local walking maps and guides
• Visitor's Book full of helpful suggestions for excursions, walks, activities and places to eat and shop
ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS: walking, beachcombing, cycling (bikes provided free,) watersports, hiking, horse riding, fishing, golf, boat trips, bird-watching, Irish history, ancestory, traditional crafts such as thatching and weaving