|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Set in the exclusive Grove By The Sea Community, this beautiful beach home offers a very open floor plan, perfect for entertaining small and large families alike. Recently updated and painted inside and out. Two master bedrooms (one king-size, one queen-size), a bunkroom that sleeps four, and a loft with a comfortable daybed and trundle.
For extra guests, a queen-size sleeper-sofa is also available in the family room. All rooms are very spacious, and have hardwood floors throughout. There are screened-in first and second floor porches.
Take a morning walk through the Sea Grove Community to the powder white sands of Sea Grove Beach. Spend all day at the beach, or escape to the three large covered porches where you can spend all afternoon reading or playing games.
When hunger sets in, prepare yourself something to eat in our fully-equipped, spacious kitchen, or bike down to Seaside for dinner and ice cream. One of two community pools is located just two lots down, and tennis courts a short walk away. Bicycles (use at your own risk) and beach chairs are also available. You will not be disappointed in our lovely home by the sea!
This was a great fit for our family of 5 with 3 children ages 8, 5, and 3 months. The pictures do not do this house justice! It is pottery barn cute with a very open floor plan. The master is down, which I prefer with small children. The other 2 bedrooms are on the second floor and have their own full baths. A nice porch is off of the room with the queen bed and there is no porch off of the room with the bunk beds, which I appreciated. We spent a lot of time on the large screened-in porch on the first floor. My kids made the third floor loft their "fort" and where they passed the time when it rained. there are several bikes available to use. We have stayed in Grove and Seaside on 4 seperate vacations in different houses and this is my favorite place based on the layout and use of space. It was a great fit for our family and you just can't beat the nice, relaxed community. If you are having trouble deciding on the perfect SOWAL beach house, look no further. Thanks to the owners for opening your wonderful home!
Our family of 9 stayed at this house for our first family vacation in several years, and could not have had a better experience. The house has a spacious master on the first floor, two bedrooms on the second floor, and a loft on the third floor with its own balcony. One bedroom on the second floor is set up with a queen-size bed and has a great balcony and full bathroom - great for when you have a second couple staying with you on a trip. The other bedroom is has two sets of bunk beds and a full bathroom as well. We had plenty of sleeping space for our large family and didn't feel cramped for space or like we were crowding each other.
The wrap-around porch on the house was an awesome place to relax. It's screened in so there weren't any bugs bothering us at night, and a great place to read at night or relax after a day at the beach/pool.
One of the neighborhood pools is about a two-minute walk from the front door of the house, which was so convenient for us! There's also a wheelchair-accessible public beach access a few minutes down the road from the front of the neighborhood. This was my first time at Sea Grove Beach and I was not disappointed at all. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the ocean crystal clear. The town of Seaside right down the street had a bunch of great restaurants, food trucks, and the cutest bookstore.
Our family loved staying at this house. The ease of being able to stay in and eat as a family like we would at home, or go out and explore the town and try different restaurants so close by was wonderful. Thanks for a great September vacation!
We are an older couple who enjoy walking. This home provided the perfect location for us.
The home is very comfortable, set in a quiet neighborhood setting. We were able to walk to the beach and to shopping as well as to excellent restaurants. Seaside is walking distance and provides much entertainment for families.
There is a property manager who is available and the owner is very responsive to any needs.
There is plenty of room so our friends and family could join us. We all enjoyed the screened porch and the pool just steps away. The kitchen is stocked with needed dishes and it was easy to serve a group.
Excellent rating is very hard to achieve in my book. Other than roaches (in all houses in the area) and a few burned light bolts outside, this house is awesome. Very clean, updated, AC and WiFi works great. Huge master bedroom, great location close to everything.
Will go back ASAP. Owner Ken always emailed or texted back within hours.
Absolutely hate writing this review, but don't want another family to suffer like ours. This rental was a nightmare.
After long day on road, arrived to filthy house. Dirt & hair everywhere. Killed cockroach size of half-dollar in bathroom. Called owner, he called maintenance man, he called to say it's an issue for cleaning crew. Maintenance man called owner back, owner then called cleaners.
Next morning, text from owner at 7:28 a.m. saying cleaners will arrive at 8:30 (had hoped to sleep in after long day on road). Everyone jumps up to take showers. Cleaning crew shows up early (8:00 a.m.) As we complain about the linens (stains on the sheets and towels), they say owner has been told linens need to be replaced for months. That afternoon, pull the cover off golf cart to take it to beach. Back tire flat, dry-rot left large hole in it. Text maintenance man. Due to 4th of July it will be Tuesday before he can fix tire.
Monday, trash truck ran on holiday (surprise!) at 7:00 a.m. Didn’t think it would run on holiday, had to run to catch it to get it to return to the house for the rotten trash from previous tenant. So much for sleeping in on day 2.
Tuesday – Wi-fi quit working. Called maintenance man. Advised to unplug and replug router and modem. (Now I’m IT manager for the property). Left house for day. Maintenance man fixed the wi-fi and tire by time we returned.
Wednesday, decided to use golf cart to go to beach. Quickly, battery died. Cart had been on charger all afternoon and night. Luckily, we had a cart owner in our group who determined the batteries had no water in them. It was Thursday before we could use the cart.
Thursday, 1 a.m., loud dripping sounds coming from air conditioner (BTW, to cool loft, you must freeze 2nd floor and place 1st floor into deep chill). at 7 a.m. it quits. By 9 a.m. the temp in the house is 80 and climbing. Maintenance man came back over, called AC repairman. We left for the day, returned to find it working.
Notes: The golf cart doesn't have plates on it and can't be legally operated on the streets. Bicycle handlebars are loose and malfunction while riding. No garbage disposal. Utensils had food particles on them. Plates and glasses had grease on them.
Owner offered to cover the cleaning fee (we left property cleaner than we found it). Also offered a small refund. We explained we didn't think that was adequate. His property ruined what was supposed to be a stress-free vacation. He didn't budge.
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
• Check-in time: 3:00 p.m. or later (central time). Earlier time should not be anticipated. Checkout time: 10:00 a.m. (Central Time) or before.
• Reservations: A rental deposit equal to 50% of the total rental fee, which excludes taxes, must be submitted within 14 business days of initial reservation. Your reservation will be considered as confirmed upon receipt of rental deposit. We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under the age of 25 unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. Balance of rental fees, including 11.0%Florida Hospitality Tax and Security Deposit of $500.00 will be due 14 business days prior to check-in.
• Cancellations: Cancellations greater than 30 days prior to arrival date, rental deposit will be refunded less a $50 processing fee. Cancellations less than 30 days will be refunded only if the home re-rents with no lost revenue. Monthly reservations must cancel no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
• Reservation Change: Once a reservation is made, a “reservation change” is defined as the rental at a different date. Any changes must be made a minimum of 30 days prior to scheduled date of arrival.
• The Big “No-No-s”: You will be asked to vacate immediately, with no refund if one of the following is discovered during your stay:
l. No pets allowed; an additional $150.00 flea spray will be assessed, plus possible damages.
2. House Parties, or excessive noise
3. Campers, trailers or motor homes, if lived-in
4. No grilling inside home, inside screened porch areas
5. No towels hanging in view of street or other properties
6. No fireworks or firecrackers
7. Rental obtained under false pretense or misrepresentation.
• When Checking Out: Please following the posted checkout instructions in order to make the next guests stay as enjoyable as possible. Failure to comply could result in additional cleaning expense.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.