|Space||1,800 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
See all my homes at www.hilovacationhomes.com.
Complete oceanfront property. Private 3 bedroom, 2 bath with fold out couch on private lot. Quiet street in residential Paradise Park. Area along the water has a vacation feel to it. Unobstructed views of ocean. Eight miles to small town of Keaau and only 14 miles to Hilo central with Walmart, airport and nice restaurants as well as botanical gardens, museums, snorkeling at Richardson's Beach Park.
Very close to Volcano National Park as well as the lava flows along the coast.
KITCHEN: Granite tile covers modern kitchen. Views out over deck and to the ocean.
* Fresh nonstick pans and ample cookware.
* Coffee maker, grinder, filters and generally coffee and suger
* Toaster, blender and hand mixer
* Microwave oven
* Rice cooker
* Full size refridgerator
* Combination range, stove top
* Ample silverware, serving dishes
* Popcorn popper
* Condiments (oil, katchup, salt/pepper etc.)
* Paper towels, hand towels
* Garbage bags.
* Place mats
* Generous quantity of plates
* Breakfast room surrounded by windows
* View out to deck and ocean
* Very large room on upper floor with unobstructed ocean views.
*High quality king bed.
* Connected master bath. These are the only rooms upstairs for total privacy.
* Futon for additional sleeping options for large parties or young children.
* Playpen available for your children.
* Queen bed
* On main level near main bathroom
* Very large, with queen size bed.
* Queen size fold out sofa couch.
* Additionsl twin size fold out sofa couch.
* Beach wear including masks, snorkels, rubber shoes, fins, beach towels and cooler.
* Deck with tables and chairs. Move chairs and table to edge of rocks for a memorable evening or sunrise.
* Plenty of parking and privacy. House is separated from guest house by an unused garage.
* High speed Time Warner cable WIFI
Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's Beach Park and 3 ocean front homes in Paradise Park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit.
Other Hilo homes at Richardson's Beach Park include VRBO Listing #27642, VRBO Listing #/3948511ha, VRBO Listing #3948514ha and VRBO Listing #4035464ha. On the same property, but separated by an unused garage, I have a one bedroom guest house. The listing for that rental is VRBO Listing #397903. Lastly, about a mile away I have a similar house as this. It is at VRBO Listing #453343.
I always keep the calendars updated.
Richard Standke purchased this house in 2012
There are many low priced properties in Hilo. This house is larger than most with plenty of room so spread out. It house is spotlessly clean and in great condition. Paradise Park is South of Hilo enough to enjoy a real Hawaiian neighborhood but close enough to be at a Hilo restaurant in 25 mintutes. Enjoy a sunrise unlike you have ever had. Cook a great breakfast and enjoy it on the patio or my moving the furniture near the ocean cliffs.
House is just 25 minutes from Downtown Hilo.
Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
*Continue on to Ahalanui Park's warm pond and then snorkle at Champagne Ponds (tidepools) in Kapoho.
* Venture South beyond Volcano National Park to Punaluu County Park for lots of black sand and full time lounging turtles.
* Continue South for Punaluu Bake shop and South Point Road. Incredable vistas from the most Southern point in the U.S.
* Go North along the beautiful Hamakua coast and go horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley.
Very beautiful home on the water with a great view, I wish I could have more time here on the island it's such a beautiful place. This home meets all accommodations, definitely made me feel at home. If your in town you should check this out you won't be disappointed. Can't thank them enough for being there for me and my teammate on such short notice. Very respectable and understandable. Thank you again!!
We were in town for a quick business trip and all hotels were booked so we turned to VRBO. We were LUCKY because the place that I tried to book was about 30 minutes out of town, but the owner, Richard, was kind of enough to read why I was in town and then suggest that I stay in one of his other properties which was VERY CONVENIENTLY LOCATED just a few miles outside downtown Hilo. In short, the house was more than we needed, with lots of bedrooms and baths, plenty of common area and a really nice deck/lanai out front with two sets of glass doors that allow the ocean breezes to fill the house. The house was neat, clean and totally functional with a few additional touches that made it worthy of another stay in the future when I can bring my family along. Warmest Aloha to Richard for this recommendation.
I stayed at this property with my husband and parents for two nights in Augus. Two nights wasn't enough time! The view is gorgeous, and I wish we had more time on the big island to enjoy it. It had been raining more than usual for several days when we arrived and the downstairs bedroom was a little bit musty smelling, but not bad. After opening the windows up, the smell dissipated and it was fine within an hour. I slept there and had no complaints. The rest of the house was clean and nice. The kitchen was stocked with a few essentials and we were able to cook in it easily. The location isn't super close to any grocery stores, so it would be good to arrive early enough to take stock of what is there and make a grocery list.
The location is close to volcano sightseeing, whether you want to go to Volcano National Park or take a boat ride to see lava pouring into the ocean. We did both and loved the experiences! If you're going out for meals, I can highly recommend breakfast at Pele's Kitchen in Pahoa and dinner at Tina's Garden Gourmet Cafe in Hilo -- the food was fantastic at both of these places!
I would stay here again, ideally for more than two nights to be able to explore more of the island.
Richard was the perfect host:) the house is beautiful and felt like our own home. It has everything you could possibly need and the view and location is spectacular. Our whole family had the best stay yet here since arriving in Hawaii! Thank you Rixhard for making us feel at home and for being the perfect host:):) we will definitely be back!!
The view from this property is lovely. The kitchen and living rooms were fine. The information packet was very informative and helpful. However, here are the problems we faced- complaint filed with VRBO the first night but no resolution:
The bottom floor bedroom is extremely musty. We tried to open the windows to let it air out, however, that did not help at all- owner said a humidifier should have been on but it wasn't put on by the housekeeper. It was so musty none of us could stand the smell. Again the owner was previously aware of the problem. Also the lower floor bedroom had no working overhead lights.,
Main floor bedroom- a screen missing on one window not allowing it to be opened not allowing for cross ventilation. The bedroom was so hot it was not usable. The housekeeper knew the screen was missing. Directions to make sure all screens were secure due to "bug" problems was in our welcome packet.
Main floor bathroom- a lot of hair sticking out from under the rug and sand in the tub. Obviously had not been cleaned properly after prior guests.
All of us had to stay in the upstairs bedroom. The bedding on the futon was either very discolored due to age or it was dirty.
One upstairs windows has a broken lock which the owner was aware of prior to our occupancy.
I requested a partial refund since 2 bedrooms were unusable. Musty and too hot due to negligence of the owner/housekeeper. A formal complaint was submitted to VRBO the first night- we received no response from the owner or VRBO after the complaint was filed. The owner agreed to a $200 refund I asked for $300 but to lack of cleaning and unusable bedrooms. The owner now refused any refund at all. This states something about the honor and word of the owner. If you have problems- be prepared to have a "tough luck" response. This was a graduation trip for a family member that we saved for- for a long time. Very disapointed.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 3 2017 - Apr 1 2017
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Apr 15 2017 - Apr 23 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Off Season Special: Sept. 1 to Dec. 15:
Rates from 3 to 6 nights and weekly are as follows:
Guests - Daily:
1 to 2 - $165 Weekly - $1,000
3 to 4 - $200 Weekly - $1,200
5 or 6 - $235 Weekly - $1,400
7 or 8 - $270 Weekly - $1,600
Dec. 16 to Aug. 30:
1 to 2 - $185 Weekly - $1,200
3 to 4 - $235 Weekly - $1,600
5 or 6 - $285 Weekly - $1,900
7 or 8 - $325 Weekly - $2,200
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.