*Please note that there is another vacation rental on the property and other travelers may be present during your stay*
A memorable getaway awaits you at this 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental apartment inside ‘The Smithonia By The Sea Vacation Rentals and Events Home,’ a large home nestled beside the Core Sound and Outer Banks of Marshallberg. With spacious decks, a fully equipped kitchen, and splendid water views, this lovely home ensures a relaxing stay!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: Full Bed | Living Room: 2 Sofas (Not Pullout)
Tranquility greets you as you wind up the driveway, past the white picket fence and beautiful trees, and up to the large 4,000 square foot home. Built in 1905 and restored in 2009-2010, the artfully decorated ‘Smithonia By The Sea Vacation Rentals and Events House' has 2 guest quarters to choose from, and this particular downstairs guest house boasts sleeping accommodations for up to 4 guests in 1,000 square feet of comfortable living space.
The cozy living area features plush couches, a flat-screen TV, and access to the spacious outdoor deck. With beautiful views of the land leading up to the Outer Banks, the deck will quickly become your favorite place to sip your morning coffee or evening cocktail while enjoying the scenery.
The chef of the group will delight in the kitchen, fully equipped with everything you need to prepare tasty recipes. Pull up a bar stool to the high dining table to enjoy your meals with your loved ones.
If you prefer an al fresco dining experience, step out onto the deck for fresh air and beautiful views. Stroll out into the spacious yard until you reach the walk bridge, which leads to one of the longest private fishing piers in the water downeast.
Stay by the water’s edge and fish off of the dock, shared with the other rental on the property. View nature’s wildlife in and out of the water or rent one of the kayaks to take out on the sparkling waters.
When it’s time to call it a night, make your way back inside to curl up in the plush full-sized bed, which promises a peaceful slumber.
-- THE LOCATION --
This Premier Estate Home is not only situated on 2.5 acres right on the Outer Banks and Core Sound, but it is also ideally located within minutes of endless attractions!
Imagine retracing Black Beard the Pirate’s footsteps, just as the National Geographic have done in film and TV documentaries. A must-see is the Maritime Museum in Historic Downtown Beaufort, a mere 20-minute drive from your ‘Smithonia By The Sea Vacation Rentals and Events’ designation. The museum is accredited for their numerous contributions in the research of local maritime and downtown Beaufort history and the Crystal Coast area.
There are many local activities, sites, and tastes that you must experience while you are staying at ‘Smithonia By The Sea.’ The coastal area has some of the finest fresh caught seafood in the world, such as fresh tuna, mahi-mahi, flounder, oysters, green tailed shrimp and scallop - all available in the many five-star local seafood restaurants. As a bonus while staying at ‘Smithonia By The Sea,’ you can fish, crab, and gather oysters and clams right from the property’s dock, shared with the other rental in the house.
If boating is your thing, you can visit the Cape Lookout Lighthouse or Shackleford Banks with their wild horses at your leisure, which is just a 20-minute boat ride away. You can pack a picnic lunch and spend the day exploring the Lighthouse or pick up shells on the beach, where both the sound side and oceanside is accessible for fun in the sun and surf. Bicycle and kayak rentals are also available at the property for leisurely fun and exercise while you explore and enjoy the sites.
From the home, you’re also just 1 mile from the local boat ramp in Marshallberg and 3 miles to a newer multiple boat use ramp with ample parking at Harker’s Island. Outdoor activities abound on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina, including fishing, swimming, horseback riding, boating, kayaking, and surfing.
Throughout the year, there are also many festivals in the area, so be sure to check your calendar to see if there’s a festival during your visit, including Downeast Seafood Festival, Black Beard Pirate Invasion, Big Rock Festival, the Decoy Festival at Harkers Island and more!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, dock (shared with the other rental on the property), private balcony with patio furniture, DVD player, flat-screen cable TV, free WiFi, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, in-unit laundry machines, and much more
- Please note that the dock and driveway are shared between the 2 rentals in the house
- Grill available upon request. Bikes and kayaks are also available for rent (please inquire with homeowner before your arrival)
- If you are traveling with more than 12 guests, check the availability of the 4-bedroom rental on the property, Evolve Listing 342363
- Fantastic location - Situated on 2.5 acres of Premier Estate overlooking Core Sound and the Outer Banks, and minutes from Maritime Museum in Historic Downtown Beaufort, Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Shackleford Banks, local boat ramp in Marshallberg, Harker’s Island, and endless outdoor activities!
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 fee per pet (2 pets maximum, 25-pound weight limit)
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval and an additional fee (please contact Evolve for additional information
- Please note that there is another vacation rental on the property and other travelers may be present during your stay
- Note that the driveway and dock are shared with the other rental on the property
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in