About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10, Ideal Location.
The Barclay House (240 Baltimore Street)
Step back into history in this carefully restored 1890s Victorian house.
Sleeps 10 guests. Central a/c throughout.
Located in the heart of historic Gettysburg, within walking distance of shops & restaurants, and the Battlefield.
* First bedroom, queen canopy bed & en suite bathroom with shower
* Second bedroom queen bed, bathroom in hallway with standard tub/shower
* Third bedroom, queen bed, shares bathroom is hallway
* Fourth bedroom, queen bed & en suite bathroom with standard tub/shower
* TV room with pullout queen sofa & large flat-screen TV
* Large full-equipped kitchen with breakfast table
* Formal dining room, can seat 10 people
* Laundry (washer & dryer)/powder room
* Formal parlor with electric fire
* Annex to parlor with round table for card & board games
* Front porch – great for watching parades
* Secluded back garden
* Single garage & 1 off-street parking bay
* All bed linens & towels
* Fully stocked kitchen: microwave, dishwasher, coffee-maker and Keurig
* All cooking utensils, silverware & plates
Paranormal investigators might enjoy their experience here as well!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Owner/Property Manager
Tessa Bardo is co-owner of The Brickhouse Inn, one of Gettysburg's premier B&Bs. She also owns four shops and an ice cream parlor in the town.
Owner/Property Manager purchased this House in 1997
Why Owner/Property Manager chose Gettysburg
The Barclay House used to be and B&B and we made it our home, until four years ago, when we built another house.
What makes this House unique
A beautifully appointed Victorian house in an ideal central location within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. Superb chestnut and oak woodwork and spacious rooms. A secluded garden where you can relax. Off-street parking for your convenience.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Very comfortable. The managers were quick to answer questions.
Location was perfect for walking to so many shops, restaurants and attractions. We highly recommend this home.
Great place! Clean!
We really enjoyed our stay. The place was super clean and very comfortable. We would recommend it to our friends. We will probably book again for our annual weekend.
Great family gathering home.
We loved this house for our annual family gathering of women. The location was perfect for walking to shopping and restaurants. The house was clean and comfortable. We definitely would stay here again.
Great family stay in the heart of Gettysburg
Our family of five thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay at this spacious home. We had enough room to spread out, and a large kitchen in which to cook meals. The home is a stone's throw from shops and restaurants as well as the battlefield. I am recommending this house to any family or friends who are looking to visit this great town. If you're traveling in a group, why stay in a hotel when you can stay here?!
Perfect for our family
Obviously, we liked it. This is our second year of a family gathering for the Christmas Wreath Program. We'll be back again next year for sure.
oth my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We particularly liked the location. If you will have us we would love to book again. Thanks so much
Gettysburg National Military Park. Ski Liberty (nearest to Washington DC). Several excellent golf courses within a half hour drive. Cycling trails on the Battlefield.