|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Enjoy the serenity of Bald Head Island's maritime forest during your stay in this spacious 5 bedroom and 4 bath cottage 'Family Tides'. You're away from the bustle of the beach, but just minutes by golf cart from the sand and surf.
This lovely home has everything you need for a relaxing, carefree family vacation. You will love the living area's open floor plan, cathedral ceiling and the comfortable furnishings. On the ground floor you'll find:
* bright, fully-equipped kitchen with counter seating
* dining area with seating for eight
* living room with HDTV
* twin bedroom with hall full bath
* king master bedroom with adjoining full bath and access to the screened porch
* laundry room
* spacious screened porch with forest and golf course views
On the second floor are located:
* bedroom with queen sized bed and adjoining full bath
* bunk room with pull-out sofa sleeper and hall full bath
* another bedroom with queen sized bed and hall full bath
Other amenities include:
* use of three golf carts
* Weber gas grill
* all bed and bath linens
* beach toys, chairs, umbrella and beach towels
* convenient location about half way between the harbor village and the maritime market
Your week's vacation also includes departure cleaning, and a guest membership in the Bald Head Island Club. The Club is less than ten minutes away by golf cart. It features both formal and informal dining. You'll find an 18 hole golf course, four tennis courts, Olympic size heated swimming pool, well-equipped fitness center and three croquet courts.
This is a non-smoking home. Pets are not allowed.
We love this house! We have a large crew and it fit us nicely! The house is clean, up to date, easy lay out for family hang outs and accessible to the beach/grocery store/rental spots/dinner etc. Love the screened in porch for when I had too much sun and needed an outdoor, shaded spot to relax. The kitchen is super easy to cook in with all the basics you would need. Beds are great too! Highly recommend!
We absolutely LOVE this house. Our stay was beyond amazing and would highly recommend it to anyone. The house is beautiful and has everything you can think that you would need in a rental beach house. The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare any meals. We cooked most of our meals at the house and were able to enjoy them sitting in the beautiful covered porch or in the spacious dining table inside. We had eight people in the house including three kids and there was more than plenty of space for all of us. There is so much space in the house and everything is so well distributed that it allowed for everyone to relax and feel very comfortable. The house was very clean. Each room has access to a full bathroom with clean and soft towels which was great! Every space of the house is very peaceful, whether it's sitting on the porch connecting with nature, hanging out in the living room playing games or relaxing on the comfortable couches reading a good book. They have a nice selection of books there that you can borrow if you like to read and didn't bring a book. There are also little details and fun decorations that make the house cozy and makes you feel at home. We went to the beach every day and it was very easy to get anywhere around the island with the golf carts that we had full access to. The golf carts worked great and we had a great time exploring the many places in the island. The house is at a great location so it's very easy to get to anywhere from the house. This is the second year that we go to this house and it is a blast. It's so nice to feel at home away from home. If you are planning a trip to BHI, don't think about it twice, this house is the perfect getaway spot.
We loved this house! Well equipped...beautiful high ceilings...fabulous screened porch...can't say enough positive. Michael was wonderful to work with. We have been renting at Bald Head for over a decade and this was our best experience. We would rent this home again in a heartbeat and hope to do so in the near future!
The four of us LOVED this house; it was perfect as we each had our own bedroom and bath. The weather wasn't ideal but since we are game players, it worked out great... an excuse to stay in and keep playing. The kitchen is well stocked and the grill was easy to use. Easy access to both golf carts. The home is well decorated and was VERY clean. It has a great screened in porch with lounge furniture as well as a large table for eating. Mike was super to work with. Also, good location to everything. Highly recommend!
Family Tides rocks!!! We were here for 8 nights and absolutely loved it! Don't let past reviews fool you, this is a great house and made for a great vacation. This is our 11th trip as a family to BHI, and this was definitely one of our favorite stays. With the weather still a little chilly this time of year, we had plenty of time to relax in the house and enjoy playing games together around the large kitchen table. The kitchen was well stocked and very clean, perfect for cooking family dinners and snacks. The living room had plenty of seating and was very cozy for watching basketball games together. We really enjoyed the brand new carpet throughout the house as well. One of the best things was that each bedroom has its own bathroom with it! It was so nice to have four full baths! The screened porch out back was very spacious, and it was great to have a porch upstairs too! Overall, this was a fantastic house, and we were so happy with everything. Definitely one of our best choices on the island. Michael was great to work with as well, and was very accommodating.
I have been to BHI many times over the past 10 years and absolutely love it! This trip was a girl's trip for my sister and a couple of friends and the experience certainly did not disappoint. Sparky's roost is a very quiet location and the golf course behind the house is beautiful. We were comfortable for the most part and Michael was an absolute delight to work with. He was very responsive to all of my questions and the issues we experienced while staying at Sparky's Roost. The issues are why I can only rate 3 stars, unfortunately.
1)We arrived on Saturday and had very poor wi-fi reception, by Sunday morning there was no internet connection at all. Michael was very responsive, but could not get the internet provider to the house to repair until Tuesday, which was not his fault, but made it quite inconvenient for us in the interim since some of us needed the access for work purposes.
2) Appliances need updating. The freezer never worked properly and the first night actually defrosted so we awoke to a huge puddle of water on the floor and melted ice cream in the freezer. Michael was so kind and replaced the ice cream for us, but the freezer continued to leak from the icemaker and it never produced a normal amount of ice.
3) The window sills, porches and patios were very dirty. The weather was pleasant and we wanted to have all the windows open to allow fresh air in the house. When we opened the windows, however, it was apparent that they had not been cleaned in quite some time as they were extremely dirty. Both porches are very pretty and have great views, but the furniture was so dirty we had to clean the table and chairs ourselves in order to enjoy sitting out there.
4) The shower in the upstairs bathroom had the hot & cold water reversed. Even knowing this (after Michael checked it out) did not help much because using the cold side to get hot water resulted in very low water pressure.
5) One of the bathrooms on the main floor had a leak underneath the sink. Michael tightened the pipe, but it continued to leak and needs to be repaired or replaced.
6) Carpet needs to be replaced - really stained which makes it feel dirty
I truly wish I could give this house a better rating because it is really cute, a great location and Michael is wonderful! Just needs some updates & TLC from the owners, including a really thorough cleaning throughout before I would consider returning.
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Rent includes a fully equipped home, 2 golf carts, a temporary membership to the BHI Club, wi-fi, all linens and towels, and departure cleaning.
Memorial Day, Easter, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years - $2600/wk, $425/nt.