|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This gorgeous custom log home just completed construction as of January 1, 2013. The beautiful slate floors, high vaulted ceilings, large windows, and state-of-the-art kitchen are just some of the high quality features. The great room has two-story windows to gaze at the white-capped mountains, stars, and beautiful views. The open concept of the great room, kitchen, dining area, and breakfast counter with a big screen LCD TV/DVD player makes this an ideal area for entertaining. Keep your car inside the attached 2-car garage for easy access in and out of the cabin. The home is tastefully decorated with Southwest décor, log accents and a pellet stove for warmth after that long day of skiing. The cabin is situated on the sunny side of Glacier Ridge so that you have views from every window in the home. The large wrap-around deck affords views of Colorado’s well known Fourteeners Lincoln, Bross and Democrat amongst the beautiful aspen, pine and massive blue sky of San Isabel National Forest. The Master Bedroom has a private balcony, queen bed and dressers, luxurious bath with rain shower head and big screen TV. Attached is the master loft with full length windows, couch with queen bed, sitting chairs, tables, desk, and telescope to view the crystal clear starry nights and mountain range. The main floor bedroom has a queen bed, dresser, and windows admiring the views both west and east. The third bedroom located on the lower level has a bunk bed with a Full Size top & bottom mattress and is a great set-up for kids! All of the rooms are tastefully decorated with plenty of room and comfort for the entire family including the dog. The game room features a foos-ball table, bumper pool table and comfortable black leather sectional couch for an evening of fun. The roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is highly recommended due to the weather conditions in this area. If you enjoy ATVing or snowmobiling, rentals and information are available from Fairplay to Breckenridge. Interested in snow skiing or snowshoeing? You can be on the slopes of Breckenridge Resort within 20 minutes or for a full day of skiing into the night, head on over to Keystone Resort. Copper Mountain and Vail Resorts are also another option that is easily accessible. There are several world-class fishing areas including Antero Reservoir, Spinney Reservoir, Eleven Mile Reservoir, and the Platte River. Thanks to our central location, you can take advantage of Colorado’s great outdoor activities, year round.
Meet our family; 4 generations of outdoor enthusiasts that snow ski, snowboard, water ski, mountain climb (accomplishing all 54 Fourteeners), white water rafting, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, ATVing, 4-Wheeling, fishing, skating, biking, and the list goes on and on. As a family growing up in Colorado, the activities are as endless as the terrain and beauty. 365 days of family fun!
Tamara Taggart purchased this cabin in 2011
As a vacation property, there is no comparison. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall there is always something for everyone or just sit back and enjoy the tranquility of your beautiful surroundings.
Super clean and cozy and close to all the activities! Will return! Thx again!
We had a fabulous time staying at this beautifully decorated and well equipped log cabin. It exceeded our expectations. Skiing at Breckinridge was only a 25 minute drive. We will certainly be back again.
Tami was great to deal with, really enjoyed our stay, we had 5 adults and 2 kids plenty of room for everyone. House is very clean, beds comfortable & the kitchen has everything you need,25 minute drive to Breckenridge. The few things we had a problem with is the house has no Wifi and we all have sprint cel and had no service & only having 1 TV in the main sitting area was a problem having a 5 & 8 year old wanting to watch their shows (they are use to watching things on their IPADS with no internet that wasn't possible). But overall we had a great time!!
By far the best experience I've had staying in small Colorado mountain towns! Very close to Mt Princeton and Breckenridge. The home is jaw dropping beautiful, as well as the scenery. Thank you so much for allowing us to have a dream birthday getaway!
This rental was absolutely awesome. My kids and their friends were in awe of the place. The place was immaculate. We loved the quaint little town of Alma. It is 23 miles from Breckenride which was perfect. I would definitely come back here and would recommend it to anyone who decided to go to Colorado. Thanks again Tamara for everything.
Shelly from Olathe, Kansas
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $12 per night, per additional guest|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
RATES DISCOUNT ON 3RD NIGHT TO $250/NIGHT (3rd-6th); 7 Nights or Longer $230/DAY!!
Renter must be 25 years or older and email a copy of photo I.D prior to reserving the property
Cleaning Fee based on 4 hours cleaning (including laundry); anything over 4 hours will be deducted from Security Deposit.
**IF INTERESTED IN 2 DAYS ONLY, PLEASE CONTACT ME. MAY BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much, much more. If you can think of an outdoor activity, you're staying in the right place. Enjoy this newly constructed cabin during any season of the year. The access is easy and directly off of Hwy. 9 and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of our home:
* San Isabel & Pike National Forest...Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, climb/hike 14ers (Lincoln, Bross, Democrat, Quandry are within 10 miles) ice climb, ski, snowboard, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snowboard, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf, snow tube park, cross country ski - 19 miles N (Keystone, Copper Mountain, and Vail resorts just a little further - you pick and choose)
* Fishing/Hunting...Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing, 5 area lakes, South Platte River walking distance from our cabin, Colorado's Top Quality Hunting area for Elk, Deer, Bighorn Sheep, Water Fowl, and more
* Alma...The Highest Incorporated City in the USA - 2 miles N
* Fairplay...Fairplay Historic Mining Town, South Park Recreation Center - 4 miles SE
* Como Historic Railroad District - Built in 1879 - 10 miles NE
* Silverthorne...Factory Outlet Shops, sail, fish, ice fish, Lake Dillon - 32 miles N
* Buena Vista...Hot Springs, fish, raft the Arkansas River - 37.8 Miles SW
* Colorado Springs…Air Force Academy, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, World Arena Event Center - 87 miles SE
* Cripple Creek...Casinos, gambling, gold mining - 71 miles SE
* Salida ... fish, hike, jeep trails, raft – 57 Miles SW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusement parks - 90 miles NE
* Canon City...home of the Royal Gorge – 80 miles SE
* Manitou Springs...Cave of the Winds, Cliff Dwellings, Museum, Pikes Peak – 82 miles SE
* Woodland Park...The North Pole (home of Santa's Workshop & amusement rides), shops, Dinosaur Museum - 68 Miles SE