About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
New for the 2017 Rental Season! Pet Friendly!
Looking for some Fun in the Sun? Check out this cozy and comfortable budget-friendly home with easy beach access right across the street. This pet friendly 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath second-row home is perfect for a small family or a romantic getaway.
This home is located in Surf City, 1.3 miles south of the traffic light in the central part of Topsail Island. You will find several restaurants, entertainment, fresh seafood markets, boutiques, gift stores, bike and gear rental stores, parks and more within a few miles’ radius. Some even within walking distance of your home. You are close to our local restaurants, shops, Surf City pier and more! Be sure to visit some local attractions such as the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital and the Missiles and More Museum that tells the story of our island’s past.
Living and Dining:
The open floorplan ensures togetherness, while the spacious living room provides plenty of room for relaxation. The cathedral ceilings and large windows create a bright and airy feel throughout. The galley kitchen comes with everything you need, and the living room boasts sliding doors that lead onto the ocean facing sundeck.
• Dining table seats 6
• Counter seating for 4
• Spacious and comfortable living room with sliders to deck
• 1.5 baths
Sleep easy in the two comfortably furnished bedrooms. The variety of bed size ensures the right fit for your family. You’ll also find a handy twin size sleeper sofa in the living room for any unexpected guests that show up once they hear you are staying at the beach!
• Queen bedroom
• Double bed with Twin bedroom
It’s an easy walk across the street to your beach access, where you can spend the day soaking up the sun. When it’s time to head home, take a quick rinse in the enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower and leave the beach where it belongs. Then head out onto the sundeck and enjoy a cool beverage and ocean breezes as the sun goes down. The covered patio area provides plenty of room to when you are looking for some shade or a place to store all of your beach gear.
• Sundeck with furniture
• Covered patio
• Enclosed outdoor shower
• Central air/heat
• 2 cable TVs, DVD player, wireless internet access
• Dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer, ceiling fans
• Enclosed hot/cold outside shower
• Sundeck with deck furniture and picnic table
• $150 Non-Refundable Fee for Dog - 1 dog only. Sorry, no cats allowed
Ward Realty Corp
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Perfect small cottage. Spotless.
Very clean, must have just been repainted and refreshed. Kitchen appliances new, carpet new, very well laid out with large living area and nice deck for morning coffee. All furniture comfortable. Tons of parking. Beach acess across the street. I was very pleased - hated to have to leave.
Fun N the Sun is the perfect size for a small family or group and we are thrilled that you loved it. At less than 2 miles from the heart of Surf City, you are also super close to shopping and dining, for when you want to take a break from the awesome beach. Thanks so much for staying with us and we hope that you return soon!
clean and simple, needs some touch ups
Thank you for staying with Ward Realty for your Topsail Island vacation and for the great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed staying at Fun-N-The-Sun. This simple second row home has a super easy beach access and does have some updates planned for 2018! We hope to see you at the beach again soon!
Comfortable Beach House in a Great Location
We really enjoyed our stay at Fun-N-The Sun.
- There is lots of parking for us & guests.
- Convenient beach access across the street; though the stairs are rather steep so it's difficult getting wagons/beach carts up/down. There is another access point a short walk away that is easier to maneuver.
- The outside shower/hose were very helpful for bathing ourselves and our Aussiedoodle.
- Speaking of our dog, there are a few side streets that offer nice, quiet areas to walk him off the main road.
- The kitchen/dining/family areas are very roomy so our family of 4 never felt cramped, even when another family of 3 visited.
- The beds were comfortable, but we used our own pillows.
- The kitchen is well stocked, but the appliances take longer to cook than the ones to which we're accustomed.
- There is ample storage underneath if you're uncomfortable leaving your chairs, etc. outside. Though the large storage area looks like it's had water damage; I imagine the owners are working on that - it won't impact your stay in the slightest.
- The washer/dryer work well, though the dryer takes a couple of cycles to thoroughly get towels dry.
- The WiFi worked great for remote connectivity to the office and for our Xbox (playing games & streaming TV/movies).
- The TV in the "master" bedroom is poorly installed, but it works.
- The carpet is clean, but I think it'd be easier to clean with hardwoods or ceramic tile throughout.
- There wasn't enough comfortable deck furniture pieces, but that wasn't enough to sway my 5 stars.
The best review I can provide is this: we'd go back to Fun-In-The Sun again & we'd recommend it to friends/family.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Damage deposit: $400.00