|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Awesome beachfront villa close to city's attractions
Open floor plan with great ocean views. Balconies in all suites. Each master bedroom has a king or queen size bed and two folding beds allowing a family of four to be in each room. 52' TV in living room. Spacious kitchen and living room with deck. Free WIFI access. Downstairs open event room and outdoor BBQ kitchen and Table overlooking the Gulf.
I always believed that Galveston is a beautiful jewel in the Gulf. My home captures the tropical winds, views and comfortable warm weather in a city that has old historical charm, great entertainment, awesome seafood, and unique Outlet shopping.
Sergio or Jennifer Pineda purchased this house in 2001
Imagine yourself in a Tuscan villa but on the water and within 45 miles of Houston. This home is positioned east to west so that amazing sunrises and sunsets can be admired from the deck and wide views can be seen from almost anywhere inside the house. It has a private beach area that does not allow cars and where you can access the water easily and safely. Jogging, walking, swimming, fishing and surfing are the local favorites but the renter can easily bring and launch a jetski, Kayak or hobby cat. With a rental of three days or more, you may qualify for a free initial membership to the WORLDVENTURES travel and benefits program. Contact Veronica at: 713 306 0889.
This home was built to provide enjoyment of views and weather all year round. It is one of the few homes where you will find a BBQ kitchen and table by the beach. There is plenty of open yet covered deck area so that views are enjoyable even on rainy days. Wake up to amazing sunrises, watch the moon color the water in silver shadows at night, teach your children the name of the millions of stars you will see at night and take them for a night stroll on the beach to search for shells and crabs. In addition, this house provides guests with the opportunity to sign up for free to WORLDVENTURE travel and benefits program.
This is a good house for a big family. We were so many and not once did we feel squished or bumping into eachother. Very clean house and loved the view! Sure will be renting out this house again next year.
When we arrived on Tuesday, July 5, we found all sorts of problems.
1. The air conditioning was not working properly. The problem was reported on Wednesday, but the system was not fixed until Saturday; so out of 5 nights, we had comfortable air conditioning for only one night. Since there was little or no cool air, the front two bedrooms were so hot no one could stay in them.
2. There were ants everywhere! All over the house—in the kitchen (not just on the floor, but on the countertops and in the cabinets), the bathrooms, the bedrooms, closets, and living room. We bought gel ant traps and put them all over the house hoping they would contain the ants. In spite of having numerous traps, we were still fighting ants the morning we left.
3. There were burned out light bulbs all over the house—in the stairwell, bathrooms, closets, and other places. The lights were finally replaced the next day in the evening. We also found numerous lamps throughout the house that didn’t work.
4. When we got ready to shower, we found only 6 towels for 13 people; we called the housekeeper to ask for more and never heard back. We had to buy bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, and kitchen towels. Perhaps you need to change your instructions to say, “Bring enough towels for your party.”
5. The first morning at the house, July 6th, we attempted to make coffee, and discovered the coffee pot didn’t work. We had to buy a coffee pot since we are all coffee drinkers.
6. The kitchen sink and disposal were not working properly when we arrived. We were careful about using the sink and disposal, but after five days of heavy use, the main sink stopped up and backed up into the little sink and neither one could drain.
7. You describe the house as having a “working kitchen.” We found the kitchen to be lacking in just about everything needed to cook for a large group of people.
8. The house is not at all handicapped accessible (extremely steep stairs) and it needs to be stated.
9. No extra bedding for cot and couch. Needs to be provided if 15 people are to sleep there.
The rent on the house was a lot of money and the house should have been in better shape. We should have reported problems immediately; but all were reported at some time. Lovely home, but not well maintained. Asking for a refund would be futile, but we certainly deserve one!
Definitely would not recommend this house.
The house was beautiful spacious bedrooms. The view from the upper deck was amazing. When I looked down on the day of my wedding I had a perfect view of everything!
We had a life celebration for my daughter who passed from ovarian cancer. The house slept the entire family comfortably. It was clean and had most everything we needed. The bedrooms are huge and each has its own private bath. The downstairs event room is large and opens onto a large covered patio and also a large uncovered deck. It sits right on the beachfront just feet away from watching the children play. It was perfect and a beautiful experience. My family plans to have our reunion there each year from now on. Booking was easy, as was checking in and out.
We stayed in this great beach house over the 2016 Easter week-end, and everything was absolutely perfect. The bedrooms were the largest I have ever seen in a vacation house, and the beds were very comfortable. The ground floor of the house is enclosed, so there's a place to go during inclement weather (especially if you have children). Also on the ground floor, and adjacent to the house is a very large beachfront deck that you could use for all types of entertainment. Immediately next to that is the beach. You could spend all of your waking hours downstairs, even though there is plenty of room upstairs. Mr. Pineda, the owner, was a great guy to work with. You can't go wrong staying here.
We rented this property to host a small family wedding. When selecting the house, it checked off all the boxes that we needed: beachfront, a large deck, indoor event room, etc. We were blown away when we arrived, as the house exceeded all our expectations. Let's get this out of the way first...the house is on the beach. There's no walking down a long trail or over a bridge to get there. When you step off the back deck you've got sand under your toes. There are three massive bedrooms along with two smaller ones. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed and there were plenty of linens and towels. The main floor balcony is huge and so is the deck facing the beach. We ended up using the back deck for the wedding ceremony as the weather cooperated for us (even though the forecast was for 100% chance of rain, we didn't get a drop!) and used the downstairs event room for the reception dinner. The owner was very responsive to our questions and genuinely made us feel welcome there. Highly recommended!
Awesome beachfront home. Also, home is a short drive away from moody gardens aquarium, 3d i max, and rain forest pyramids. Within 3 miles of Schlitterbahn water park, moody gardens public golf course, magic carpet mini-golf, go-kart trac, jimmy's fishing pier, cinemas and Walmart. Only 8 miles to pleasure pier and historic downtown attractions.
New premier Tanger outlet mall within 20 minute drive.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Spring Break weeks - March 8-15, March 15-22 and March 22 to April 1, are rented by the week only.
All event weekends such as Prom, Extended holiday weekends,Motocycle Rally, Thanksgiving and New Year shall be at the Spring Break rates.
Weddings, Proms and other special events require different pricing, a cleaning fee and a security deposit. Please check for City and Neighborhood restrictions.