|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Let your imagination begin. Put your feet up and relax next to the fire. Or sit back on the large deck and take in the sounds of the Sierras. This cozy home invites your family and friends to enjoy the alpine air and experience some time nestled amongst the firs. The living room is spacious with vaulted cathedral ceilings. A massive wall of windows rises to the roof inviting tree-filtered natural light throughout the chalet.
The roomy kitchen includes an open view to the dining and living areas. Kids and friends can belly up to the breakfast bar on four old west style, leather-topped swivel stools. The large dining table offers the setting for memorable dinners over glasses of wine and laughter. Or on warm summer nights take advantage of the Weber BBQ and picnic on the deck. After dinner enjoy one of the board games on the soft carpet before the fire.
With nearly ½ acre, the gently sloping lot backs to a green belt for hiking, playing and exploring. The neighborhood offers even more:
• The Tahoe Donner golf course, equestrian center, hiking and biking trails, bocce ball and volleyball, and tennis courts.
• Year round heated pools, steam room, sauna, hot tubs / spas, and more at Trout Creek Recreation Center and Northwoods Clubhouse.
• A short drive to world-class all-season resorts like Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Sugarbowl and Royal Gorge.
• The Lodge Restaurant & Pub – relaxed bistro atmosphere with fine pub cuisine
• Pizza on the Hill
• The Snowplay Area for tubing and sledding on groomed runs, snowshoeing and cocoa and snacks.
• Easy access to downtown Truckee for antiquing, shopping, groceries, restaurants, cafes, pubs and more.
• And when it’s time to go home, you will already be on the west side of Truckee, well ahead of those caught up behind you in the choked traffic on Hwy 89.
1. Master Suite (entire 2nd floor) – Queen bed - handmade custom log bed. Many windows and views. Private bathroom. Loft area overlooking the living area and the tree canopy outside the picture windows.
2. Bunk Room (1st floor) – Two (2) twin-over-full-size bunk beds. Shared full bathroom.
3. Bedroom 3 (1st floor) – Queen bed. Shared full bathroom.
Items included for your convenience:
• LCD TV, high speed internet, Blue-Ray DVD player with WIFI for Hulu, Netflix, games, etc.
• Pack N Play and Space Saver High Chair for our littlest guests
• Board games
• Pots & Pans, cutting boards, knives, various dishware and utensils
• Coffee Maker & bean grinder (gold filter always provided; also #2 paper filters often included)
• Salad Spinner
• Hair dryer
• Washer & Dryer (detergent nearly always included)
• Linens & Towels
• Garbage bags
Rental includes guest passes for up to eight people to access private Tahoe Donner amenities. (Day use fees are additional). Tahoe Donner amenities include the private Trout Creek Recreation Center featuring a full gym, hot tubs and year-round pool. Seasonal amenities include the Tahoe Donner Ski Area, X-Country Ski Center, private beach at Donner Lake, golf, tennis, hiking/biking trails, equestrian center, and more!
...and staying in this cozy, amazing cabin. It's comfortable, and everyone here is super-duper friendly. We're definitely coming back, whether you like it or not :)
We stayed 2 nights & loved it! The house was very comfortable for 2 families. It was very well stocked....the kitchen, lots of games, sleds for the snow :). We would definitely stay there again!
What a sweet, comfortable home away from home for our family. A clean home, with comfy and cozy beds, well-appointed kitchen, plenty of fun games, and all of that good fresh Tahoe air. The owner made it so easy for us at every step, and we were happy to find ourselves so close to the amenities of the Trout Creek center, as well as the network of trails for summer hiking, biking, and equestrian use. So nice!
Everything about this home was great! We were 4 adults and 3 young kids and it was the perfect size and layout for us. The 3 kids shared the room with the bunk beds, which they loved!
We loved the real fireplace too and there was loads of pre-chopped wood available for us to get a good fire going each evening. Also behind the house is a slope just about steep enough for the kids to have some fun with the sleds in the snow. Great fun!
Location is also really good. We did the TahoeDonner downhill ski and cross country ski which are both about a 5 minute drive away. Also drove over to Squaw for some tubing and more skiing and that was only about a 20 minute drive.
We've been to this area before but this was definitely the best home we've stayed in and we will definitely be back again at some point!
Our long weekend at this cozy house is sadly coming to an end. We loved the house. It's clean, quiet, bright and comfortable. The owners were pleasant and responsive. I'd definitely recommend it.
My family (myself, husband and three kids) truly enjoyed our stay at this wonderful cabin. First off, it was very clean, tidy and well-organized. The location was awesome: close to shopping, groceries, hiking, etc. I loved, loved, loved the master suite upstairs, which was spacious and bright with a large bathroom. The beds were super cozy and warm. My kids had a blast sledding around the property. I would like to come back during the summer months so they could explore the trees and trails. I heard (but did not partake this time) of the excellent cross-country skiing trail by the golf course -- and of Friday night movie nights! I've never stayed in Tahoe Donner before, and I've gotta say, I really appreciated the community feel of the place. Several neighbors came up to say hello as we built snow forts/tunnels in the front yard. Made me envious to have a place there to call my own. But, since that's not happening any time soon, this is definitely the next best thing. We can't wait to return and have already booked a few more trips this season!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $5 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$99|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|