|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Long-Road-Cottage is located on the property of famous garden designer, Conni Cross. As you walk up the steps onto the stone porch, you will marvel at the wisteria-covered pergola above and the striking view of the garden and sun lawn, which lead to additional gardens and seating area with fire pit. Perfect for enjoying a local bottle of wine on a tranquil night. This porch offers seating for six, a hammock, and use of gas grill. This cottage is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath house (1200 sq. ft.) with optional second bedroom located off the back of the house with a separate entrance. Upon entering the home through beautiful French doors, the living room which opens into the fully-equipped eat-in kitchen, will tempt you to kick back and relax while breathing in the scents of the ethereal landscape that surrounds this amazing home. The shining granite countertops and working, stainless steel appliances are perfect for cooking a delectable meal using local ingredients from the neighboring farms. To the left of the kitchen there is an enclosed office area, which offers privacy, and a quiet work area. A large bathroom is located off the living room and boasts beautiful tile work with limestone tub/shower complete with handheld rain showerhead. A staircase to the left of the main entrance will lead you to a large loft master bedroom complete with king bed and a separate sitting room with day bed and office area.
Long-Road-Cottage offers a private driveway with parking for four cars, 2 flat screen televisions with DVD players, linens and towels included. Daily cleaning service, separate bedroom, and additional leisure amenities (i.e., continental breakfast, use of adjacent pool, and private, local garden tours.)are available for an additional cost.
Conni Cross is known world-wide for her exsquisite work in nature.
Jessica Kelleher purchased this cottage in 1992
This property has been featured in various publications, including House Beautiful and Better Homes and Gardens. On the property of famous garden designer, Conni Cross this cottage is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience nature at its utmost potential.
We spent a wonderful weekend at Long Road Cottage. We were a group of 5 - one couple and the rest friends. The cottage was very spacious, charming, clean and comfortable. Connie does a truly amazing job of designing both the indoor and outdoor spaces to make for a beautiful retreat. Beds were very comfortable. Linens and towels were clean and plentiful, including beach towels. They really think of everything you need to enjoy your stay. Connie's thoughtfulness and creativity is apparent in every detail of the house and grounds. We enjoyed using the well-appointed kitchen and grill as well as eating at some of the delicious seafood restaurants in town. We also loved having access to Connie's lovely pool. The cottage is a short drive from restaurants, numerous wineries and beaches. Connie and her family are very warm and hospitable and Jess, the property manager, is responsive and helpful. I simply cannot recommend this place highly enough. Great for a weekend retreat for a group of friends, a couple or a family looking to enjoy some "R&R" in the beautiful North Fork. We hope to go back soon!
5 friends and I spent a weekend at this beautiful cottage. It looked cute in the pictures but when we arrived it turned out to be even more charming than we could tell from the photos. The property overall has a very relaxing vibe. You truly feel away from it all, but with all the comforts of modern amenities. We found it to be extremely comfortable and so peaceful. There is a great seafood market nearby named Braun Seafood where we bought fresh fish, crab legs and mussels to cook for dinner. The kitchen had all the dishes, pots, pans, etc. we needed to cooks our meals. We were also able to grill and use the fire pit. Conni, the owner, is great. She came down to greet us on the first day and gave us fresh eggs from her chickens. The property is literally surrounded by wineries, and last but not least, my personal favorite thing was the fabulous outdoor shower! Highly recommend this gem!
My husband and our young twins just returned from a very memorable weekend at this charming cottage. The house offered everything we were looking for. It is tastefully decorated, secluded, and peaceful. The farm animals were a hit with our girls (and the ability to walk to two wonderful vineyards was a plus for my husband and me!) Jessica was absolutely great to work with prior to our stay in terms of answering emails and provided us with a very comprehensive list of things to do (beaches, wineries, restaurants, shopping, etc). The property was difficult to find but Jessica walked me through it as soon as I called. The owner of the property, Connie, greeted us upon arrival and her niece gave us a little tour of the large property. We would have been disappointed to find the pool not heated and the pump broken but the weather wasn't warm enough to swim anyway. Overall, we would certainly stay again and I recommend it to a small family or couple or a few friends looking to get away and unwind.
Booked this cottage for my best friends bachelorette weekend- just a bunch of girls, who based their trip upon wine tasting. The cottage comfortably slept 6 of us. I paid through PayPal, communication was fast, easy and super helpful. The cottage is so beautiful and so clean! Some of the girls found an issue with actually finding the cottage (we went through the back and drove through a super long driveway, until Connie came by with a more help suggestion as to getting onto the property, but thats the only issue we encountered) Connie had some fresh eggs in the kitchen for us, plenty of pillows and blankets. I couldn't ask for anything more, except a longer stay. Thanks so much for your hospitality!!! Can't wait to revisit.
The listing and pictures are very accurate, though they do not do this property justice since the house is even more beautiful in person. The home is a wonderful place to get away from it all and enjoy some time in The North Fork. Jess was very responsive and helpful thru the booking and stay.
Stayed at the cottage this past weekend. Some background on us: Group of 7 in our late 20s - needed a break from the city and wanted to explore North Fork.
Notes on stay:
1. Booking the cottage was extremely easy - booked via email and paid through paypal.
2. Property manager responded to all e-mails and questions very quickly. Booking was very professional with well written reservation contract and provided some helpful guides for the stay.
3. Location was convenient to everything we wanted to do - vineyard hopping, exploring the town of Greenport, and checking out some farms along the way.
4. The amenities in the cottage were great! All the pots and pans you could need, central A/C, beds were extremely comfortable, lots of extra bedding/linens, WiFi was speedy and there was enough space/beds for all of us. TV was perfect for watching the world cup... for those that chose to do that. Property was extremely clean and well maintained.
5. Cottage looks better in real life than in photos and much larger than expected.
6. We will definitely come back!
7. Had some trouble finding the cottage at night since it is at the back of an expansive property - try and arrive while there is still light. Googlemaps will only direct you to the entrance of the property but might be tough to navigate to the cottage itself for the first time if you don't know the property layout. Property mgr provides excellent directions to the cottage from the entrance but landmarks referenced in the directions can't easily be seen at night.
8. Note also that the main bedroom in the cottage is in a loft that overlooks the living room of the cottage so there is not much in terms of privacy if you are travelling with a group. However, there is a separate bedroom in the back that would work if a couple in your group would like their own separate area.
9. Would definitely recommend this property to any friend or relative.
10. Excellent stay!
Located in wine country, this beautiful cottage is located in close proximity to some of Long Island's most beautiful beaches. Visitors can enjoy many attractions such as local farms, wineries, gardens, museums, restaurants, and much more.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 2016 - Oct 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Check, PayPal, Chase QuickPay, Bank Transfers, Bank Checks
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.