|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, Fat Tuesday is the place to stay for exploring the wonders and delights of the French Quarter and New Orleans.
This one-bedroom condo has exposed brick walls, high ceilings, creating a loft-like feel. With a queen bed, a sofa, a daybed with a pop-up trundle, and a roll-away bed, the condo sleeps 4-6 easily. It also includes a full kitchen equipped with all necessities, washer/dryer, full bath, and walk-in closet. Free wif-fi is also included. There is also a pool on site. There is even an outside patio area to sit and enjoy your cocktails and listen to the live music rising up from the beat of bourbon street.
Other unique amenities include mobile concierge services for arranging tours, massages, setting a supply of groceries in for your arrival, and other special touches you might desire.
So come on down and discover the sights and sounds of the most unique city in the world -- the city that care forgot, the home of jazz music, the big easy!
I am a New Orleans native and grew up in the French Quarter. Over the years I have seen many changes in my hometown, the most horrific being Hurricane Katrina. Our home was destroyed, but we built it higher and stronger because we knew we would never leave this wonderful place we call home -- the place where we were born, and our ancestors and our children and their children, and where we will always live, no matter what challenges we face.
New Orleans is more than its streets and houses -- it is the people who make this city so special. They make the music, cook the Creole food, build the houses, celebrate at Carnival, and bring a wonderful joie de vivre to everything in life. My husband, who is an accomplished blues musician and leader of a successful blues band on Bourbon Street, is as excited as I am to share this beloved city with our guests and hope you will visit us in the French Quarter, or 'da Quarters' as we used to call it. Yeah You Right ... laissez les bons temps rouler!'
Location- You are walking distance from everything.
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, one block from Bourbon Street, one block from Canal Street, five blocks from the Mississippi River, walking distance to Frenchmen Street ... you couldn't be any closer to the action than this charming apartment.
Very clean apartment with all the amenities you could want in a vacation place, within walking distance to everything. We were very pleased with Angela as well (property manager) she was always available and was a big help, especially when using the parking garage. I would recommend this apartment and we will try and book it in the future. Great place!
Fantastic apartment for a small group! We really enjoyed our time here. Very safe and extremely quiet for being so close to Burbon St! The apartment is well decorated and comfortable. It's also very clean. Thank you for helping us have a great time!
The apartment was decent. It was clean and well maintained. The building was safe. The only problem we had was that the pull out couch was broken. I alerted my contact and it was ignored. We had to take the mattress off the couch bed and put it on the floor, which was a pain. Also, randomly the TV fell off the wall in the living room. I send my contact a picture and she said she would send someone right over. We left for dinner and when we got back from dinner it had been put back up.
The location was good, within walking distance for everything we did. The apartment building was updated and really nice, safe and quiet, even though we were close to Bourbon Street. We walked to the following tours (or places to be picked up for the tour): Swamp Tour, Plantation Tour, Ghost Tour, Cemetary #1, we also walked to a Saints game. We took the trolly near to the WWII Museum which was fun.
Uber car was used to get back to the airport and was excellent. The cab from the airport to the French Quarter was stinky (we could hardly breath - it was gross). Uber is the way to go in NOLA - there were lots available at all hours. Our daughter went with some luggage to a friends apartment on the other side of town and took an Uber - $5.
Interesting vacation - I would not take young children, not much for them to do and a lot of decadence for them to witness. Lots of homeless people all over. We are glad we went to see NOLA, but will never go back.
After searching endlessly for hotels close enough/within the Quarter able to accomodate 4 adults (Two Parents traveling with 2 - 21 year olds) with some form of room seperation, we decided to book this unit based on all the positive reviews. Overall it was a Excellent choice.
1) Literally 50 Steps from Bourbon Street yet quiet enough to sleep off the previous evenings events, or pop in for a break from walking around during the day to get out of the heat.
2) Located on the same floor level as the Rooftop Pool area, which was fantastic to relax and unwind by late at night, and also fun area to meet and socialize with other vacationers.
3) Condo has all the amenities you could need, and then some. Though they could stand to add a second mirror outside the bedroom area for those traveling with more than one woman, as a suggestion.
4) The price compared to close by hotels was an absolute no brainer!
5) They were very flexible in allowing us to check in early, and check out late when our departure flight nded up with a 3 hour delay.
6) Clean, Comfortable, Convenient location, Safe, and Quiet!
Possible temporary Negatives: (Not necessarily the fault of the owner or manager)
1) As others had stated in reviews, the building currently is undergoing construction adding new units nearby this one. We didn't however think that the construction would take place over Memorial Day weekend, but we were wrong. The construction occured Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 8 am to 5 pm . I do not fault the owner at all, as it was in the reviews and also in the information provided after booking. We are early risers anyhow so this was not that intolerable during our stay.
2) Security Deposit - I was a little perplexed that when our $250.00 Security Deposit was refunded, that a processing fee of $19.00 was deducted because it went back to our credit card. I must have missed that detail somewhere, but we did not complain about it, as they were gracious enough to let us check out late. Just thought I would share this so others are not surprised when they use their Credit/Debit card to book.
Summation: Construction looks like it is in its final phases, and for the money and location this place is Excellent! We would book it again in a heart beat!
We stayed in this condo during jazz fest and although the apartment interior was as described, the description does not mention that almost all the entire building is undergoing renovation. Except for a few apartments on our floor, the entire rest of the floor was being gut renovated. We were woken up around 7am each morning by the sound of hammering and shouts from the construction workers. Additionally, the rooftop pool was extremely filthy, with a layer of dirt on the pool floor and hadn’t been cleaned for the entire duration of our stay. This was one reason we picked this apartment over some of the other choices we had and we were extremely disappointed.
This apartment is owned by a company called Big Easy Accommodations and they have several apartments in the same building. Other VRBO renters that had rented through the same company had the same complaint as us. When I did complain to the owner (Domonique) on the first day, she did not return my call and finally answered back by email and was not able to address our concerns. One of the construction workers mentioned to me that the construction will be going on at least through November 2015. If you do plan to rent here, you should ask the owner for pictures of the building and the pool and make sure you are far away from the construction.
Located in the heart of the world famous French Quarter, this unique condo is steps away from Bourbon St, two blocks from Jax Brewery, six blocks from the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square, Cafe du Monde, River-Walk, Shops at Canal Place, the Mississippi River, walking distance to the Treme (made famous by the HBO series 'Treme'), Frenchmen St, and so much more!!:)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
Special events such Mardi Gras, Super Bowl, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, Essence, VooDoo Fest, New Year's Eve, etc. have higher rates/ deposits and minimum stays.