Welcome to McGrath Pond, where all your stresses will melt away! A true wilderness retreat awaits at this 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental cottage in Oakland. This lovely cabin, featuring accommodations for 7 guests, is located just steps from the water and has everything you and family or close friends need for a memorable trip. Escape to the natural splendor of Maine's countryside this vacation by staying in this cozy waterfront cottage!
You'll love the rustic feel of this Maine cottage from the moment you step inside its 1,008 square feet of living space, with wood paneling and log cabin furnishings. Take a rest from the hustle and bustle of life and relax in the living area as you watch your favorite program on the cable TV. Prepare a delicious meal in the well-equipped kitchen, complete with stove and oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, and microwave.
After you've had a restful slumber in one of the comfortable beds, take your morning coffee out onto the deck as you enjoy the breathtaking sunrise over the water. The soothing sounds of nature will serenade you as you wake. Spend some time on the screened-in porch for fresh air in any weather!
The proximity of this cottage to the pond puts you in a prime location to take advantage of everything you can do on the water, complete with swim float, docks, and a boat slip. McGrath Pond is connected to Salmon Lake (Ellis Pond), boasting over 1,100 acres of beautiful waters with islands, coves, loons, osprey, and eagles (so bring your binoculars!). Take advantage of the plentiful fishing for Bass and recently-stocked Brook Trout, guaranteeing a fresh catch.
There is no shortage of activities when you stay at this charming cottage. Enjoy seasonal strawberry and blueberry picking for sweet, fresh fruit to nibble on during your stay. Take a whale watching or lighthouse tour in the area. Try your luck at the Hollywood Casino in Bangor, or for a cultural experience, check out the symphony or the Colby Museum of Art. When you're tired of cooking head to one of the area restaurants for local fare, and then peruse the shops for some mementos. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time in Oakland, you're sure to have a memorable trip when you book this vacation rental cottage!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, cable TV, CD player, DVD player, fire pit, ceiling fans, games, coffee maker, gas grill, high chair, wireless internet access, linens, Pack 'N Play, patio furniture, video library, and towels
- Enjoy the nearby pond, with swim float, docks, and boat slip for swimming and fishing
- Listed as one of the "51 Best Places in Maine!"
- Fantastic Oakland location! Easy access to fishing, kayaking, boating, swimming, water activities, hiking, sailing, whale watching, lighthouse tours, berry picking, festivals, museums, symphony, casino, golf, restaurants, shops, and more!
- Master Bedroom: Full-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Twin-sized Bed and Twin-sized Trundle
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- A Futon in the Living Room can accommodate 1 additional guest
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in