|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Relax and unwind in the cozy comfort of this private, all season getaway located in the heart of Prince Edward County, and a short drive to the Sandbanks Provincial Park. Perched above the picturesque Bay of Quinte you can enjoy the tranquility year around in this three bedroom waterfront cottage.
Nestled amongst cedar and oak trees in a private setting, this is a natural paradise and home to a variety of birds and wildlife, yet it is conveniently located close to local attractions and amenities, and offers some of the best walleye and bass fishing in the area. 100 feet of private waterfront and a 16 foot dock are available for your use and pleasure.
Perfect meeting spot for 'get togethers' with family, friends, or fishing buddies, and a great romantic getaway too. A great spot for fishing and boating but it's not recommended for swimming.
Cedar Glen Cottage is located 5 km east of Picton and an 18 minute drive to the popular Sandbanks Provincial Park. It's also within a few kilometres of the Glenora Ferry, Waupoos wineries, and the natural wonder of Lake-on-the-Mountain. Enjoy a scenic drive and check out the wineries, local cheese & farm markets, the studio and art galleries, and the antique and craft shops along the way. For lunch or dinner, stop and sample some regional cuisine at one of our many fine restaurants. For more information, visit our Local Links page
Take a break... relax, breathe deeply and feel yourself unwind. For a truly relaxing getaway, visit one of our local spas.
- 100' private shoreline; rocky & weedy bottom (becomes weedier as the water gets warmer so it's not a recommended swimming area) and there's limited access to the water
- 16 foot dock ideal for docking boats and fishing
Located in prime fishing area - pickerel (walleye), bass, pike, perch
- Boat launch, boat & motor rentals and bait are available 1 km away
- About 35 stair steps from cottage to dock
- Relax and watch the world go by or take in the fabulous sunsets from the shaded deck on the middle level
- Please bring your own beach towels, swim shoes, and life jackets
- Located on Picton Bay on the lower Bay of Quinte - between Picton and Glenora Ferry in Prince Edward County
- Covered deck includes propane BBQ with side burner, picnic table, and lounge chairs
- Bird-lovers paradise (don't forget your binoculars)
- Fully winterized for all-season comfort
- Green Home Program participant
- Member of the Welcome Cyclists Network: We provide a covered and secure storage area for bicycles, repair kit/tire pump,and local bike shop information
For the evening ...
- Outdoor firepit
- 20' TV with cable & DVD player with a selection of DVDs (DVD rentals are also available in Picton)
- Board games, playing cards, puzzles, coloring books, magazines, children's toys, and soft-cover books
- Indoor electric fireplace for your cozy comfort - curl up with a glass of wine and a good book (or good company)
Three bedrooms on main level - accommodates 7 (max 5 adults)
- Master bedroom with queen bed
- 2nd bedroom with double bed
- 3rd bedroom with double/single bunk beds
- Cathedral ceilings in all rooms; heavyweight cotton blankets plus duvets on all beds; additional sleeping space in partially finished basement
Efficient country style kitchen
- Stove, fridge, microwave, dishes, cutlery & utensils, cookware, toaster, coffee maker, kettle, blender; propane BBQ with side burner on deck
- Special feature: antique double porcelain sink with drain boards
- Eating area with oak table - extra leaf provided
The Living Area...
Open concept with a great view
- Cozy cottage decor with lots of windows
- Electric woodstove in corner of living room
- Access to deck
- Cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan
- 20' TV with cable, DVD, CD player/radio, DVD library
- Lots of books & kid's supplies/games
Linens, Supplies & Cleaning
- Blankets and pillows are provided. Sheets, towels, and kitchen linens are NOT included but can be provided
- Toilet paper, paper towels, salt & pepper, dish detergent, propane, and garbage bags will be supplied
- Cleaning service is NOT included but can be provided
- Maximum 7 persons; no more than 5 adults
- No pets allowed
- No smoking inside
- Check-in 3:00 pm; Check-out 11:00 am
- High Season: weekly rentals with Saturday check-in/check-out
- Low Season: 2 night min, 3 night min for long weekends
Cedar Glen Cottage is located 5 km east of Picton and an 18 minute drive to the popular Sandbanks Provincial Park. It's also within a few kilometers of the Glenora Ferry, Waupoos wineries, and the natural wonder of Lake-on-the-Mountain. Enjoy a scenic drive and check out the wineries, local cheese & farm markets, the studio and art galleries, and the antique and craft shops along the way. For lunch or dinner, stop and sample some regional cuisine at one of our many fine restaurants.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Low Season - fall/winter
Oct 1 2016 - Jan 5 2017
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$187|
• High Season: weekly rentals only with Saturday check-in/check-out
• Low Season: 2 night min, 3 night min for long weekends
• 30% deposit required at time of booking; balance is due 30 days before your arrival
• Payment can be made by cheque, money order, Visa, or Mastercard
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.