About the property
- Condo1150 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
2 Bedrooms + Sofa, 2.5 Baths (Sleeps 6)
If you are looking for a premier ski in/ski out residence, Crested Mountain is just the place! This is the Best Location On The Mountain. Here you will find world class ski slopes just outside your door. Many complexes will claim they are ski in/ski out, but Crested Mountain is as good as it gets.
Located right on the slopes of Crested Butte Mountain Resort! Watch the skiers and snowboarders right out the window of this upstairs, 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath unit. This great rental unit comes fully furnished and turnkey with everything included. Outstanding views of the ski area and surrounding mountains can be seen from the balcony. When you finish skiing, mountain biking, or hiking you can soak your tired muscles and gaze at the mountains in the hot tub located slope side.
Business and Occupational Tax ID# 17-106
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 17, 2018
Why Sallie Austin chose Mount Crested Butte
Each season provides its own unique type of vacation, whether it is mountain biking and fishing in the summer or an unbelievable ski-in / ski-out location in the winter.
What makes this Condo unique
True Ski-in / Ski-out location. You can ski right up to the condo.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great place, great location. But you don’t have use of the garage.
Great location, needs some TLC
Consistent with other reviews, this was a good condo with a great location. Rated 4 stars since met expectations and overall a good experience but could be a little better.
- Great location
- True ski in/out, just come out of the unit bottom door and go left for 20 feet and you are on the snow, slap on your skis and a very short ski downhill to the main lifts
- Nice views being on the top floor. Many reviews say 4 flights of stairs but really it's 2 flights split into 4 short sections (2 sections = 1 flight)
- Private parking lot access (each unit has a garage but ours not available since owners use for storage)
- Sofa bed was comfortable to sleep on
- Space heater in master bath
- Plenty of hot water for multiple showers in an evening
- Unit Heaters work well, almost too well so had to turn down a bit to get to the comfort zone
- While mostly everything works, needs some updating
- Some of the blinds have the rod broken off so you aren't able to twist open or close the blinds
- Door locks: Bottom door (at the bottom of the stairs) has a very flimsy chain to lock it, could easily be broken and opened so I would recommend a dead bolt; The front door only has the door knob lock so would also recommend a dead bolt there
- A couple of the kitchen table chairs are wobbly and seem like could break anytime
- Living room carpet needs replaced
- Master bed is very firm and stiff, recommend an inexpensive pillow top or soft top layer
- No TV in the 2nd bedroom, would be nice for the kids to wind down at night
- A small, old tube TV in the master bedroom, and the DirecTV did not work in that room (tried many things but wouldn't connect to the satellite)
- Ice maker in fridge did not work, only trays to use
Great ski location!
We have been coming to ski in Crested Butte for around 20 years and have stayed in many condos over the years. We enjoyed this condo, although I thought it was on the bottom floor where we could just walk out the door. It was up stairs with many stairs, but we were able to leave our skies right inside the door at the bottom of the stairs....so this made it a true ski-in/ski-out condo.
We had a minor maintenance problem and we contacted Sallie and she had it fixed that morning!
Great view of the mountain and so fun to watch skiers!
OK Facility, Bad timing
The Good - Condo was very spacious and truly a ski in and ski out facility. The condo handle 5 of us very easily.
The Bad - The beds where very hard, the washer/dryer very small (handled one persons load at a time, not convenient with 5 people).
Bad Timing - The snow was very late this year for Colorado, so the mountain is making their own snow. This sounded like a jet airplane engine outside the condo running all night. Downstairs drowned the noise some, but both rooms upstairs...very loud, I got maybe 5 hrs sleep over 3 nights and left a night early because of the noise.
Nice unit at a great location
Our family of four was here for spring break. Couldn't ask for a better location for ski-in, ski-out! Unit was very clean and well cared-for. We enjoyed watching the activity on the mountain even before lifts opened.
The 4 short flights of stairs would definitely be a problem for older visitors, and are kind of a hassle when wearing ski boots.
We would definitely consider staying here again when we return to Crested Butte.
Older, but nice place. Nice view, close to the lifts.
3 of us in our 60's stayed there. The stairs were a little tough on us at that altitude, but we would stay there again. Great location. Sallie was great to work with.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Check out cleaning charge of $125 required for each stay.