|Minimum Stay||7 - 14 nights|
Permit: BBWK2009-0003. TA-020-791-2960-01.
Kahale Makani is just around the corner from Baby Beach and Baldwin Beach. Is it walking distance? Absolutely! And the best thing is that it will only take a couple of minutes. Located off the ocean in Spreckelsville / Paia we’re just one minute to Paia by car or one minute to Spreckelsville beach. Take a morning walk along the beach to Paia for breakfast. What’s so great about this location? Everything! It’s out of the hustle and bustle of the south side, but if you want to be there, no problem, 20-25 minutes by car. The north shore is less commercial, more charming, and I don’t mean to brag, but we definitely have the best food and more charming shops. Be sure to visit Mama’s Fish House (expensive, but fabulous for a special dinner out), Haliimaile General Store, and then the more economical/casual restaurants right in Paia town (FlatBread Pizza, Paia Fish Market, Café Mambo, Haleakala Provision Company, and so many more). After dinner, be sure to stop at the gelato shop for amazing home-made, local gelato.
Kahale Makani has been fully remodeled, and has an upscale interior and plenty of light. The yard area to the back side of the house has great privacy, a large deck, and is surrounded by tropical plants. The interior has a well equipped kitchen, TV/DVD, CD stereo, telephone, laundry, and fresh new furnishings.
Will you spend time indoors? With a patio like this, we seriously doubt it!! The large overhung patio is a perfect place to sit outdoors - grill dinner on the built-in gas BBQ, and dine on the patio. Lounge on the huge outdoor sofa / chairs. And did I mention the hammock? Perfect for the afternoon nap.
Kahale Makani has a two story main house, sitting next to the garage/cottage structure.
Planning to cook while you’re here? The kitchen has lots of counter space and gourmet appliances (Fisher and Paykel fridge and drawer style dishwasher). It’s surrounded by windows to bring the outdoor colors into the house.
There are very few legal vacation rental homes / cottages in Maui that offer such a wonderful setting, with such close proximity to the sandy beach.
Aloha! We are delighted that you are considering this property for your vacation lodging. We are sure that you would enjoy this lovely vacation home.
This property has a vacation rental permit issued by the County of Maui, and is subject to the rules and restrictions imposed by the County for all short term rental homes. Please understand that we would be unable to accept a rental that does not agree to abide by these rules. Note: properties without a short term rental permit are subject to closure by the County.
1. Neighbors - Please be considerate of our neighbors. Noise carries easily to their homes, particularly in the evening. NO loud music, NO parties, NO amplified sound of any nature at any time. Many neighbors must be up early in the morning to go to work, and it’s important that your use of this property does not impact them in any way.
2. Quiet Hours - Quiet time is from 9pm to 8am.
3. Use of the Property - Additional friends/family CANNOT be invited to the property and it cannot be used as a “meeting place”. The property can be used ONLY by the guests listed on the rental agreement. The County law allows us to accommodate a maximum of two guests x the number of bedrooms.
4. Parking - There is plenty of parking on the property. Vehicles CANNOT be parked on the street at any time. When vehicles are on the street, there is insufficient space for emergency vehicles, fire trucks, the trash truck or neighbors to get down the road.
Additional information with respect to care and maintenance of the house will be included in the rental agreement.
We love the beach and we also love Paia town. This was the perfect answer to both. We can take a long walk to Paia in the morning, or drive in just a minute or two. We wanted a house that would suite our taste - uncluttered, fresh modern interior, but also offer the indoor/outdoor living environment.
We love to windsurf, surf and kite. This puts us in the middle of it all. When we want to escape from the hectic pace of our mainland life, Kahale Makani is heaven. We arrive feeling frantic, and leave feeling rejuvenated.
We were so thrilled with this fabulous home for so many reasons! Thank you for sharing it. We loved it's bright and airy openness, with lots of space for 6 of us to feel comfortable. The three bathrooms plus the outdoor shower were a bonus, never had to wait for the bathroom. The kitchen was fully equipped and spacious. Four adults had no problems working in there together. The coolers that were available for our use made our day trips more pleasant, we could bring cold drinks and snack. The location of the home was perfect. We could walk to Paia (definitely our favourite town on the island - mmm...Paia Flatbread Company), and it was an easy drive to anywhere else. We loved to snorkel, so checked out all the other beaches to the south, also drove up the volcano, the road to Hana, and the blowhole on the north side of West Maui.
Baby Beach was a two minute walk from the house, and we visited the beach first thing every morning, and last thing in the evening. The beach is perfect for all ages, with it's natural break wall. Saw turtles everyday on both sides of the wall. This is a great swimming beach, or just dropping into the water to enjoy.
The reservation company "Maui Vacation Properties" provided us with excellent care. We had a few questions and they responded to us within minutes, always friendly and helpful! Thank you!
We definitely would recommend this vacation home to anyone! Enjoy! - Dagmar
As my family and I sat around the final night at this beautiful home, I asked everyone to give me their top favorite things about the house and area.
Here are 11 of our favorite things about the house:
1. The lanai with great seating for lounging and meals
2. Integrated sound system with iPod dock
3. Outdoor shower - great to clean off sandy feet
4. Walk to 2 beaches in less than 2 minutes, going either direction out the front door! (Ok, that should really be number 1!)
5. Close to the airport and "central" to most areas
6. Rain shower head in the first floor bath
7. Large, u-shaped couch fit 6 of us comfortably and space for more if we needed
8. Cleanliness and spaciousness! The place is immaculate and modern with modern appliances.
9. The grill - we used it daily
10. Having a washer/dryer for laundry in the house
11. Friendliness of our reservation company!
Some favorite spots during the trip:
1. Komoda Bakery - the glazed donuts on a stick are heaven. Worth the 20 minute windy drive from Paia. We did it twice and now I wished we had gone just one more time!
2. Baby Beach! Having the breakwater protect the swimming area was great for kids, adults, lap swimmers (the strong current makes for a real-life lap pool!), and we watched sea turtles play just past it and one ended up on the breakwater/wall!
3. The sunrise drive up to Haleakala Crater - we unfortunately were fogged in, but on the way up, saw the most amazing stars.
4. Driving anywhere around the island in our 4 door jeep with the top off!
5. Charley's in Paia - and everything in Paia in general. Hippie town but lots of shops to browse through, and only 5 minutes from the house.
6. Wayne's Sushi - also worth the drive toward Hana. It's about 20 minutes from the house. Do yourself a favor and get the mango a go-go.
7. Kihei to watch for whales
8. Ho'okipa to watch surfers
9. Hanging out on the lanai, at the counter bar, or at the table with family! It was just perfect.
Baldwin Beach is right around the corner, a quick one minute walk down the street. This beach is 'off-limits' to windsurfing and kite surfing, and is the perfect beach for running, walking and swimming. One end of Baldwin Beach is known as 'Baby Beach', and as the name implies is the preferred area for children. Other north shore beaches are within minutes by car: Spreckelsville Beach, Kanaha Beach, and Paia Bay. The quaint country town of Paia is just 3 minutes away; filled with boutiques, restaurants and people from all around the world.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 20 2017 - Jan 7 2018
14 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Out cleaning fee||$375|