|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
The Old School House has been recently restored to a magnificent three bedroom villa, each bedroom with an en suite bathroom. This family home is your ideal base to explore this newly discovered hidden corner of Tuscany. The villa has an in ground pool and BBQ with an outdoor entertainment area.
Montacchita is a quiet little Borgo on high ground above an ancient monastery and the village of Forcoli where you can find all the facilities that you will need to enjoy your stay such as supermarkets, bars and restaurants.
The district is famous for its local wines, olive oils and access to Pisa, Florence, Sienna, Lucca and Volterra. Within easy reach are the Tuscan beaches at Marina di Pisa and Tirrennia, the Cinque Terra national park and the ferry port of Livorno.
The range of fabulous local restaurants is almost limitless and we can recommend enough to keep you out of the kitchen for your entire stay.
The famous Cinque Terra on the beautiful Italian Rivieria is just over an hours drive away. Perfect for a days adventure.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our time in Italy and our stay in your beautiful ( Bella) house. The house is amazing, we feel very privileged to be given the opportunity to stay there. It is a credit to you, it must have been very challenging to establish such a well finished property in such a location with tradesmen speaking another language.
We have crammed in as many of the experiences you recommended plus one down day to just enjoy your villa and relax, read and swim in the pool.
Some of the highlights for us were
* Sienna - the history and the piazza
* Lucca - enjoyed the bike ride (probably our favourite town)
* Pisa - were lucky to be able to be in town for the festival of the Luminara - what a great evening 100,000 candles, fireworks and about 300,000 or more people, a real party atmosphere.
* Florence - amazing art, lost on the kids.
* Cinque Terre - loved the views and swimming in the picturesque ancient towns
* Enjoyed Saturday at Boshetto the little restaurant up the street, shared some lovely food with very hospitable hosts. What a great night, watching the sun go down over the Tuscan hills.
* Local pizza at Lalo the best we have had in Italy
* The Piazza - by the end on the week I was like Norm walking into the bar at Cheers, greeted warmly by the locals before enjoying two espresso each morning. The ladies in the gelato shop were the first people we met in Italy and the last people we said goodbye to. We had a lot of fun trying to communicate using Google Translate, a bit of entertainment for everyone, not to mention the best Gelato in Italy.
We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing time staying at your place and we would definitely recommend it anyone.
Wonderful spacious 3 bedroom house in a lovely setting in Tuscany. Perfect for touring hilltowns in Tuscany or a relaxing evening with dinner by the pool. We especially enjoyed the Savini Truffle Experience. As easy drive from Florence and Pisa and Cinque Terra are nearby.
OMG........just letting you know ....We are not coming home!!!!!
Unbelievable! We are absolutely LOVING your house and this area. We
have just finished a wonderful lunch sitting out by the pool eating
some delicious local produce and wine. The girls are swimming in the
pool. We think we have died and gone to heaven!
This morning I donned my jogging gear and went for a jog in the
rolling hills around the house (the hills sorted me out). Beautiful!
What a wonderful villa this was! The villa was much larger than we imagined, clean, well laid out and maintained and full of very high quality kitchen equipment as well as a super flatscreen tv in the sitting room - not that we needed it as every evening was spent by the perfect sized pool or visiting the local 'al pachino' restaurant 5 minutes drive away. Our host Marco was also superb, on hand to deal with our questions very quickly. A lovely villa that I would recommend to those with a car - it is a good couple of miles downhill into the village!
The Palaia district of Tuscany is one of landscapes shifting from agricultural to vineyards, olive groves and native forests in the valley and nearby hills of the Val d'Era. The easy access to Pisa and Florence is a major bonus for our guests. Both these famous Tuscan cities can be quickly reached by car or by train from Pontederra which makes Florence especially accessible with trains every forty minutes to the centre of Florence.
With easy access to the FiPiLi and then to the A12 day trips to Forte di Marmi, Viareggio and the Cinque Terre national park make your time in Tuscany an unforgettable experience that you will treasure for ever and ensure that you will want to return very soon.
We can help you select a different eating experience every day of your stay at the fabulous range of restaurants within easy commuting distance of the Old School House, each with its own Tuscan speciality dishes and wines
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|