Check out our photos, check out our reviews, now here’s the highlights:
• One king bed, one queen bed, and one queen pullout
• Unique layout: Very few condos in Hawaii, in this price range, are constructed with so much frontage facing the ocean. Both the master bedroom and the living room directly face the ocean. (depicted in the building layout drawing) When you first walk into our condo, you’ll see what we mean! Large, bright, airy.
• Larger than average two-bedroom unit ~ 1000 sq ft.
• You choose: A gentle breeze using the ceiling fans in every room along with the ocean breeze, or the cooling of our quiet A/C systems for those extra warm days and nights.
• If there is something our kitchen is missing – tell us – we’ll likely buy it. (No one has had to tell us anything yet!)
• The street can be noisy. That’s why we replaced the entire glass at the front of the condo with double paned, tinted windows and slider doors. And just wait till you try those doors – two fingers opens those gliding doors!
• No matter what age you are, you need a good sleep after a day of surfing, snorkeling, shopping. We have wonderfully comfortable beds, and great pillows – not those hard ones that start to look like a stale loaf of bread.
• It’s nice to not worry about driving if you choose to have some wine with dinner. We are a short walking distance from many award winning restaurants and lounges.
• We have a keyless entry - no need to worry about sharing keys (or losing keys!).
Why choose this condo?
• We are very proud of our property. We are dedicated to giving you the best experience. We, the owners, personally stay in this condo at least twice a year for our Maui vacations. And because we like the best, you’ll get the best.
• Have you ever walked into a vacation property and wondered how the photos online made it look so much better? That’s because photos can fabricate the truth, (those wide angle lens!) and photos don’t tell the story about the dreaded “tired” condo. Our tenants often tell us how well our photos represent the real beauty, cleanliness and space of our unit.
• Everyone fits on the double wide lanai, so everyone can enjoy the spectacular sunsets each evening. The sunset picture you see in the photos was taken with an average camera by an average photographer (me!) and no photo-shopping.
• Call us – we can give you more information and set your mind at ease about our condo, our rates, any questions you might have.
• Consistently in the top 10 of 63 lodgings in Kihei. http://tinyurl.com/hapohnp
• In accordance with Hawaii state laws, we have an on-island representative. That rep is not our local taxi driver, it’s not our cleaner, it’s not the guy from down the street at the local Starbucks, it’s a large reputable vacation management company called Rentals Maui. They have the staff and experience to handle any problems that may arise during your stay. And they very rarely have to be called, because we pay close attention to all the details of our condo.
• And our cleaners? They are second to none. After they have done their magic, we have a second set of eyes going through our condo (our Vacation Management company), so nothing is missed!
• There will be no surprises – when we send you a quote, everything is there - what you see in our reservation document is what it will cost. There are NO hidden fees.
• Got a few too many people in your party? We have a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor. http://www.vrbo.com/673973
• And finally, and most important, we keep our knives sharp.
I could go on about the marble countertops and free wi-fi, smart TV where you can stream your Netflix, free long distance, beautiful towels, comfy beach chairs, coolers for the beach, lovely bamboo flooring, bbqs by the pool for grilling, amazing park across the street, surf lessons and rentals across the street, bicycle rentals on the first floor of the condo, but I won’t.
So here’s the administrative stuff:
• Our calendar is always up-to-date, so please click on the Calendar tab above, to see our availability.
• PLEASE NOTE: We can accommodate any length of stay, but if your stay is less than 7 days, it must fit quite snugly between, or at the end or beginning of existing bookings.
• Go ahead and use the GET AN INSTANT QUOTE button.
• If you wish to pay with a credit card, we accept all major credit cards.
Tax License # W-36104735-01
Aloha from Keith and Patty! We came to Maui to search for an island retreat; somewhere where we would love to vacation in comfort and affordability. We are from Canada, on Vancouver Island, so we understand exactly what a beautiful island is. When we walked into unit 501, we were astonished by the view and the brightness of the condo. After carefully looking at other listings all over Maui, we came to the conclusion that this condo, in this area, had it all! Welcome to our home away from home. Our goal is to present to you, the vacationer, every comfort of home while you are on holidays and as such, we have outfitted our unit with everything required, so that when you come back home, you don’t need “a vacation from your vacation”. Enjoy!
Patty Shepherd purchased this condo in 2012
Why do we love Island Surf? Here is a short list of the many attractions:
We have stayed for two weeks without needing a rental car.
We can walk to all restaurants, pubs and shopping. (one of our favourites: Sensai Sushi - yum!)
We can walk across and down the street to swim, snorkel, surf and sunbath.
A dip in the pool is so refreshing after a day of eating, shopping and sunning!
Even if a day goes by that I don't dip my toe in the ocean, I can see it from just about everywhere in the condo.
Sitting on the lanai with a glass of wine in the evening, at sunset, is unparalleled. The sunsets (we saw the green flash!) are amazing, and photos barely do it justice. When we leave, we can't wait to get back.
One of our favourite things about our unit is the bright, open, airy concept. Whether we are preparing appies in the kitchen, or waking up from a restful sleep, we can still see the ocean. There is something so calming and relaxing to know that the oceans is seconds across the street from us.
We were so very thankful to celebrate Christmas and ring in the New Year at such a lovely condo, with a great location and even better hospitality. We wanted to thank you for opening up your home to our family. It created a beautiful experience and many wonderful memories. For being in Maui for the first time this was the perfect place to be. Thank you so very much and we hope to enjoy the view again.
This two bedroom two bathroom condo really feels like home. It is air conditioned and has an amazing view of the ocean. The beds are very comfortable and the lanai is large. It includes everything you need and is conveniently situated close to shopping and fun without being in the heart of touristy resorts. Kalama Park, right across the street, is a great place for a morning or evening run or walk. It is very peaceful and relaxing. The owner is personable and helpful. I will definitely try to stay here again when I come back to this beautiful island.
Spacious, nicely appointed and clean condo with great ocean and sunset views through the palm trees. Patty, the owner is really helpful and professional. The local managers were also quick to help. Kitchen was well supplied. Good selection of shops, eateries and bars nearby and Kihei Cove is the main learner surf spot on Maui and works in the summer, usually with small, mellow but fun waves. With the surf schools all operating there it's VERY crowded but still friendly and waves for everyone. We saw turtles every time we went out. We got a good deal on week-rental from the Surf Shack in the bottom of the building. I was concerned it would be horrible crossing the busy road to get to the beach but the drivers are generally really considerate on the Ped Xings. The parking was very convenient too. Things to be aware of, in Trade Wind season the North-Easter hammers past the building affecting the pool and BBQ area but we still had quick swims in the evenings. There is no-where (yet) to store surfboards if you bring your own and you wouldn't want to leave them in or on your car. Thanks Patty for making your condo available.
This was a GREAT location and condo! The unit is had everything we needed. The view and sunsets from the lanai were absolutely beautiful. We would highly recommend this unit. When we return we would love to rent from Patty again!!
Enjoyed another wonderful vacation in Maui, in large part because of the beautiful condo that we stayed in. Patty is a responsive owner – we didn’t have many questions this trip as we had stayed in her condo before – and making the arrangements was a breeze. 501 had everything we needed and is beautifully appointed and clean. It’s centrally located in south Kihei, close to the market, a great sushi place and the beach. What more could we ask for? Would definitely stay again if we are lucky enough to have an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful island of Maui. Thanks Patty!
This place was absolutely perfect! the view is spectacular from the condo and the condo is so comfy and inviting! The lanai was used everyday with the views it provided. It couldn't have been a more perfect location, right across from a park and minutes from the beach. Highly recommend to book this place, it made our vacation even more special!
OK, so I've been a little delayed in my review, however we stayed during Thanksgiving and found it incredibly difficult to leave. The condo is in a great location, across the street from a beach park with direct access to the ocean with a surf rental store right next door, plus all sorts of wonderful cafes and restaurants within walking distance. However, the kitchen has everything you could possibly need to cook up a meal, including a full thanksgiving dinner, if you want to save some money. The double lanai has beautiful sunsets and is a great spot to just hang out and relax. The condo is completely renovated and is just stunning. Patty is so easy to work with and provides everything you could need during your stay.
Across the street is the famous Kalama Beach Park, with an activity for everyone in the family. Tennis and volley ball courts (both lighted at night), roller hockey, horseshoes, 3 basketball courts, and a huge skate park with a half pipe. Right next to the skate park is a large kid's playground. You can take your early morning stroll through the park and watch as the sunrise hits Molokini Crater across the water. Sports events, outdoor concerts and festivals are part of the park's attraction.
Three minutes down the road is Maui’s favorite night spot, Kihei Kalama Village. Locally nicknamed “The Triangle”, this location boasts multiple nightspots and restaurants, including the Dog and Duck Irish pub, and award winning Three’s Bar and Grill. There a number of family friendly venues that are easy on the budget, such as South Shore Tiki Lounge, voted year after year as the “Best Local Pizza and Place to Dance. “
There are no minimum stays if the rental fits between existing bookings.
Cleaning fee is $150.
Hawaii State taxes add: 13.42%
PayPal fee add 2.9%
Base Rates = lowest seasonal rate
Payments are made through Paypal, which is subject to a 2.9% processing fee. You do not need a Paypal account to make payments.
An initial deposit is required to secure the reservation.
Full payment of rent is due 90 days before check-in. Full details of cancellation policy is provided with every inquiry.