ASK ABOUT OUR STAY LONGER, PLAY LONGER DISCOUNT!
Book for a week and your seventh night is free!
Between hanging out and exploring our 900 acres full of trails, ravines, rest areas, breathtaking vistas and resting areas, and all that Glen Rose has to offer, you will have plenty to do all summer! We are happy to recommend suggested itineraries and even have DIY Nature Camp activities for you!
Retreat yourself, inside and out! Indulge in our indoor hot tub, sunshine deck, infra-red sauna, outdoor showers, labyrinth and roam our 900+ acres, next to Fossil Rim!
Kasa Casa is our fun, offbeat, 'land-yacht' 2 bdrm/1.5 bath house for getaways and sanctuary. Located on hill country-like terrain with miles of trails, Kasa Casa offers perfect privacy for couples, small families, artists (studio next door), and anyone wanting a get-away, personal wellness/cleansing retreat, or me/us time.
Guests can see a small portion of the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center drive-through from the back yard, lucky visitors have seen giraffe browsing and zebras grazing!
This house was designed by a tinkerer, yacht builder and hot tub lover! We’ve built a studio next door for musicians, yoga enthusiasts, dancers and others to use.
The main floor is an open area with the kitchen, conversation area, dining table and built in hot tub, recently updated in partnership with Sanctuary for Life, a non-profit providing special care to caregivers. The hall leading to the upstairs also brings you to a half-bath and the laundry-workout room area with the infra-red sauna, and other equipment.
Upstairs is the main bedroom with a door onto the sunshine deck, the full bath (shower only) and another living area with the wood-burning stove. The Crow’s Nest bedroom is perched over the living area.
There is covered parking, and a covered patio with a huge Fossil Stone table and bench and propane grill. Jill Sablosky limestone art benches grace the labyrinth area in the front yard. Tom Tischler's bronze, life-sized Galapagos Tortoise greets guests and provides The "Kasa" -Swahili for turtle - in Kasa Casa!
Kasa Casa is just under a mile off the county road which takes you to Fossil Rim’s Overlook and into Glen Rose, but far enough off the road for quiet and solitude.
Kasa Casa is a great starting point to explore the 26 miles of fossil-laden trails on our organically and sustainably managed 900-acre Ranch and Sanctuary.
At Kasa Casa you’ll find:
• About 1200 sq feet indoors in our multi-level spa house.
• Labyrinth, sculpture garden and enclosed studio just outside the front door
• Old ranch buildings and equipment nearby for fun photographic backgrounds
• 2 upstairs bedrooms with queen beds, and an extra single futon.
• An indoor, built in soaking tub
• 1 bathroom upstairs (no tub) and the ½ bathroom just up from the main floor.
• Central heat/air, 1 wood-burning stove
• Dishes for 8, nicely equipped kitchen for cooking, preparing meals, gas stove and oven
• A dishwasher
• An outdoor gas grill, with propane.
• Indoor and patio tables seat 6 people each.
• Ranch and nature adventures, tours and experiences are available by pre-arrangement. We’ll orient you to our trails for self-guided fun, or with reservations you can schedule activities with our naturalist and/or livestock manager (meet the goats and their guard donkey, Zoey).
• We are pet and horse friendly. Our most remote guest house, Mata’zamo (see VRBO #3589655ha) has a 3 stall horse barn, 2 pens and a pasture right out the door, along with miles of trails. Our 5 bedroom house also has a pasture and covered shed, but it’s bring your own horse!
• Well behaved and trained dogs that won’t go into the hot tub or harass the wildlife are welcome. We ask that all dogs be kept on a leash when outside and on the upstairs patio.
• High speed internet is available, but we purposefully did not put any TVs in! We did include games, and a great selection of books. Kasa Casa’s library reflects our interest in healthy living, sailing, nature, philosophy, wildlife and a healthy landscape.
• We have a total of three guest houses available, spread out across the ranch. Each one is unique enough to provide a very different experience, and can be rented together for large groups, retreats and workshops. Habari (VRBO #432534) is our biggest guest house, with 5 bedrooms and extra futons to sleep as many as 16, it is great for larger groups. Mata’zamo (VRBO# 3589655ha) sits on one of our most spectacular overlooks, is our most remote house, great for singles couples or a family that want to lose themselves in the outdoors. It is also available for people bringing horses. All told we have 15 beds (king, queen and twins) and 6 futons between the three houses.
• Still reading? Ask about our reader’s discount on any of our rentals!
We welcome you in a way that feels like home away from home, you'll find familiar touches from your own kitchen, including tea, coffee, spices, paper towels, plastic bags - the basics, and maybe new things to try. One of our family/team members will meet you near our entrance, have you sign our ranch release, show you the maps and lead you to Kasa Casa.
We doubt you’ll want to leave, but if you do, we have a detailed list of local restaurants, can help you set up tours at Fossil Rim, and have information on other local attractions (we wouldn’t want you to miss Fossil Rim, Dinosaur Valley State Park, Glen Rose’s new Riverwalk and Big Rocks Park, shopping the Square’s antique stores, galleries, clothing stores, weekend farmer’s market and pie shop (plan ahead and order gluten free!!!).
Our ranch has been managed organically for over twenty years, we keep our houses as non-toxic as possible, too.
It is easy to get lost at Kasa Casa and ranch, lost in thought, lost in time, lost from stress and the city life! All of this and just 90 minutes south of the Dallas-Ft Worth area! We invite you to stay at Kasa Casa or any of our three guest houses, it’s the best cure we know for nature deficit disorder!!!