About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 5 nights
5 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 12
The Angora Lake House - Fun Family Cabin Close to Heavenly w/Horseshoes and Large Backyard!
Nestled among pine trees, centrally located between south shore beaches and the Stateline activities of South Lake Tahoe, this 5 bedroom 2 bath home is comfortable and quiet. With its inviting spacious great room, guests can enjoy
gathering for socializing, dining and entertainment separate from the bedrooms. The great room has a cathedral ceiling and opens out to a large wood deck. The kitchen is fully supplied, dining area seats 6. In the living room area there is a gas fireplace, a large smart TV with a DVR and wireless internet. The master bedroom has a king size bed, TV and full bath.
The other 4 bedrooms each have a queen size bed with memory foam mattresses. In the back yard there is a regulation horseshoe court, gas grill, outdoor dining table and Adirondack chairs. This is a dog friendly house
with a fully fenced backyard.
Wireless Internet, 3 TVs with DVRs, VCR in
living room, landline phone.
YOU MUST BE 25 OR OLDER TO RENT ALL LOCATIONS INCLUDING THIS ONE. :)
THE RESERVATION WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU SIGN OUR CONTRACT AND SEND IT BACK WITH A COPY OF YOUR ID. THIS IS REQURED BY THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT.
New regulations in South Lake Tahoe, you must be quiet after 10 pm and no more cars than can fit in the driveway. This home fits 3 cars.
Great Room (kitchen, living room, dining area)
Cathedral ceiling, recessed lights (dimmable)
Living room area, foldout couch, chairs
Opens to large deck
Kitchen, gas stove, refrigerator,
Breakfast bar, seats 4
Dining area, table seats 6
Wireless internet, Smart TV, VCR,
" Master bedroo - king size bed, TV
" Downstairs Bedroom #1 queen size bed
" Downstairs Bedroom #2 queen size bed
" Upstairs Bedroom #1 queen size bed, TV,
" Upstairs Bedroom #2 queen size bed
Park-like landscaped front and back yard
" Large Wood Deck
" Regulation Horseshoe Court
" Outdoor dining table
" Gas Grill
" Patio Area with Natural Stone Pavers
" Adirondack chairs
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 27, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
We loved the house and yard and would stay here again.
The house was spacious with plenty of bedrooms. It was very clean and well supplied with everything you could need. Only two concerns. The upstairs bedrooms are only accessible from outside so guests have to go outside then come in to use the bathroom. We also had to run out and buy more propane. There wasn't enough provided for us to use. We were told we'd get reimbursed for the purchase but it wasn't reflected on our bill. Now we have to deal with it.
Better than some, but not worth the price...
I'll start with the bottom line, this place is a solid 3 1/2 star, 3 bedroom/2 bath home with 2 completely useless rooms added above the garage. For what added up to be (HomeAway won't let me put the amount in the review, maybe this'll work, it was four hundred fifty "stars" each night), this home was not at all what I expected. I cannot in good conscience recommend this home unless the price is greatly reduced, or some serious renovations are made.
- The house is located on a quiet street well back from 50, so there's not a lot of traffic and the nights are quite peaceful.
- The house is only a block away from a giant park which worked out well for daily walks with the dog.
- The main living area is large enough for 5 adults to move around and relax comfortably.
the main bedrooms are large and the beds, well, at least the master, was quite comfortable.
- The linens and towels were clean and adequate, but a spare of either couldn't be found anywhere in the house. Although there was a working washer and dryer in the garage.
- Both bathrooms and the kitchen have broken and poorly repaired tile
- The floors and walls of the bathrooms have obvious water stains, I'd guess due to a lack of proper ventilation. (there are windows that open, but unless told to do so, I imagine most guests don't open them.
- There are no ceiling fans in any room, and most of the window screens have large holes in them. So the choice during the summer months is to sweat through the night or sleep with all bugs from outside coming right on in.
- If you have a dog, like we do, you can't let them out into the backyard, they must remain on the back deck. While the bark landscaping looks nice, it also absorbs all of the pine sap that falls from the numerous trees, turning the bark into a really sticky glue that took us hours to get off of our dogs feet.
- As well for the dogs, the back fence is falling over and there are large gaps that a medium size dog could easily slip through. Again, fortunately the deck is large and can be closed completely preventing access to the rest of the back yard unless a gate is opened.
Comfortable and relaxing for a long weekend stay!
I love this property - I'm generally a no-frills kind of traveler anyway, and this property had (almost!) everything you would need. It's not new property, but has comfort and the things you need to make the weekend great, including a spacious kitchen and living area, and plenty of beautiful, comfortable bedrooms.
Nothing can really detract from my 5 stars, but property managers/owners - two quick suggestions - a hair dryer for each bathroom would be awesome, and maybe one more living room chair would be great for larger groups! ...and a hot tub, but you know, that's asking for a lot more, ha! Loved the house, thanks for making it so cozy!
Lovely house with plenty of comfortable sleeping spaces
We enjoyed our stay here, the beds are comfortable and of high quality and the kitchen is really well stocked. The one thing that we were surprised about is that the two upstairs bedrooms can only be reached by going outside and then up the stairs. If you need the bathroom at night, those bedrooms are not for you when staying in winter, since you'll need to go through the snow to go downstairs. Also, the deck door didn't open and close well (apparently because of the huge amount of snow on the deck), so going in and out was not easy. If you don't mind that, this house is great, but it would be good if the description would clearly explain this architectural situation.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees