|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
- Once a blacksmith’s workshop, the beautifully restored building, is now 'Santa Teresa' Holiday Home. The house retain all its original elegance and charm with the traditional vaulted ceilings and rustic style furnishings.
- The 2 bedroom apartment can sleep up to 4 people; it has a living-dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom, twin room with an en suite toilet, bathroom with shower and the exclusive use of a enclosed courtyard.
- A car parking area is located nearby, just 3 minutes stroll from the house . It is next to Porta Carmine, one of the main entrances to the old town
-The central and quiet location allows you to discover the medieval town the moment you step out the door; just a short stroll from shops, restaurants and bars.
Erice, is also a good base from which to visit the enchanting historical, cultural and natural treasures of the sorrounding area.
How to get to ERICE:
· Fly to Trapani (Sicily) – 'Santa Teresa' is just 21.7 miles ( 35 km) away from Trapani-Birgi airport (Vincenzo Florio airport) ; 35 minutes by car
· Cheap flights with RyanAir from London- Luton to Trapani or from London -Stansted to Palermo which is 56 miles (90 Km) away from 'Santa Teresa' , almost an hour by car
· There are always local taxis available at the airport ; we can arrage transfers for you if informed in advance
· It is advisable to hire a car or a motorcycle in order to fully appreciate the surrounding area.
Special tariff are provided if you hire a scooter or a BMW motorcycle with our partner ITALMOTORENT
. There is a cable car that links Erice to the outskirt of Trapani, down the valley . From there you must catch a SAU bus to get to the hystoric centre of Trapani
Erice is a short drive up from Trapani. The road is a typical Italian serpentine road but with not that much traffic normally it's fine. The whole Trapani area is very nice, especially the Zingaro Nature Reserve is beautiful and certainly worth visiting as well. In the city of Erice, it feels like you've returned to the Middle ages, especially when it's smoggy. A lovely city indeed with a very special atmosphere.
The accommodation is everything promised and very convenient for a family of four. The owner is very nice and most helpful. We can certainly recommend this accommodation and Erice!
Erice is located on top of Mount Erice, at around 750m above sea level, providing spectacular views of Trapani, the Aegadian Islands and the western coast of Sicily (from Marsala to San Vito Lo Capo).
The temperature is always cool, even on hot summer days.
Although the town is small in size, between the 12th and 17th Centuries more that 60 churches were built in and around Erice. There are many of these churches still standing in the town, some now converted to other uses.
Combined with its position at Sicily's western tip, Erice is a good base for exploring this part of Sicily or a useful stopover on a touring holiday. This area, in fact, offers numerous natural and historic attractions of great beauty and interest: the broad sandy beach of San Vito Lo Capo, salt-pans, several nature reserves ( Zingaro, Stagnone and Mount Cofano, the Egadi Islands) , well preserved Greek temple of Segesta, the archaeological site of Selinunte , the wine county of Marsala, to mention a few.
Other Activities: Eating out, cultural tours, wine tasting
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 1 2016 - Nov 7 2016
2 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||€2 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the manager upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 10 years.|
Above prices are for 3 adults .
For a different number of occupants, please enquire.
A non refundable booking deposit ( 30 % of the total), to be sent via PayPal or bank transfer, is requested to confirm the booking.
The balance due is to be paid on arrival by cash or card ( visa, maestro or MasterCard)