|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Located in a very private area at the bottom of the Duffy Lake Road, about 10 mins north of Pemberton, our cabin is a new 1900 sq ft log cabin with a beautiful view of Lk Lillooet. We are 10 mins from Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, fantastic hiking and back country skiing up the Duffy. Fantastic golf at Big Sky (rated top 30 courses in Canada), Souring at the Pemberton airport, hot springs 40 mins, world class snowmobiling, hiking, biking and just plain relaxing on a private deck with the wildlife.
We have a second private cedar log cabin on the property that may be available if required. It's 600 sq ft and also private. This cabin can be seen at VRBO #692977.
We also have a property (4 bedroom house In Lions Bay (25 mins north of downtown Vancouver) that we rent. It can be viewed at VRBO 786522. Some guests have started to do a combination rental to experience the back-country and Vancouver area.
Please take note that VRBO may quote rate in US dollars. Top right corner of rates page will relate currency.
If you're looking for seclusion and privacy in a unique area this is for you. Great outdoor adventure close by. Unique log cabin setting.
you'll find more reviews on the property.
Close to fabulous snowmobiling, mountain hiking, road and mountain biking. Big Sky golf course is 10 mins away and is ranked one of the best courses in Canada.
We have a second cabin if you're group is larger. Please inquire.
By kelly (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
we had a great experience at this cabin. very well maintained and the owners are very friendly. it is secluded in the woods, a very large property so u do not hear the nieghbors around u. we brought our dog with us and he had a great time running around and the yard is so big he could be off leash and we did not have to worry about anything. i would recommend this cabin to anyone with a family or a couple looking for a nice place to rent. all the beds are in one spot in a loft so would not recommend to rent if u are looking for seperate bedrooms in the cabin. only 30 min away from whistler and other great places around the whistler area. i would rent this cabin again!
Stayed here for a romantic getaway, our trip was absolutely perfect! Beautiful view and a stunning cabin. Perfect for relaxing and unplugging. Would love to stay again and would strongly recommend to anyone looking for rest and relaxation.
This cabin and the properties is absolutely beautiful! My wife and I spent 4 days at the cabin for our honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for a better vacation. The cabin itself is spacious and comfortable. The fireplace is awesome. It was the perfect place to relax after a crazy wedding weekend. In addition to the cabin, there are many wonderful hikes nearby.
Scott was great to work with in preparation for the vacation. He gave us great directions and the cabin was not too difficult to find, even in the dark. He also gave us some ideas for nearby hikes.
We stayed at the cabin for a Christmas weekend getaway and all I can say is that this place ticked off all of our boxes. Plenty of room fir everyone to hang out in or around the kitchen or the the living room, and plenty of room to sleep in the loft space. The loft space did tend to get very warm from the wood fire but we cracked A few windows and all was well. Other than wine glasses, which we brought anyway, we didn't really miss out on anything.there is a beautiful creek nearby and lots of great views of the lake and the mountains. 5/5 stars for a family, friends or couples getaway. If I didn't live in Eastern Canada I would return in a heartbeat! Skookumchuk Hot Springs are on the Forest Service Road at the bottom of the hill, about 48 km out. Be sure to have snow tires if you enter onto this road in winter
This is an amazing cabin that treads between rustic and has all the modern amenities you need to have an amazing Winter / Summer getaway. We will be booking again without a doubt. We took two families with younger kids and really couldn't ask for a better place to stay to get away from our busy city lives.
- Only a 2.5 hr drive from Vancouver
- it's a fairly large property so during the winter there is plenty space for snow playing including a driveway that can double as a tobogganing slide.
- Great TV setup with a sound system that will fill the entire cabin. Bring your collection of movies or video game console if you get snowed in.
- Has a good stove, toaster oven, dishwasher, fridge, webber BBQ, lots of pots/ pans/plateware/glassware/linens for your use. We overpacked thinking it would be much more basic but they pretty much have everything there.
-comfy and lots of places to sit, read a book, play board games etc.
- owners (and maybe past guests have added to the collection) have DVD, boardgames, books and magazines around the cabin
- wood burning fireplace. A great feature (you will need this to keep the cabin warm in the cold anyways) as part of the cabin experience. Plenty of free wood is supplied! Axe in the wood shed outside.
- Exceptionally clean.
- Ultra friendly owner.
- Pet friendly.
- You feel secluded but you are only 20-25 mins away from a grocery store / Liquor Store in Pemberton.
CONS (we really didn't have any, and all of us didn't have anything negative to say but I've come up with a couple of minor details)
- maybe have one laminated guide of the cabin that goes over all the things you need to know. There were hand written sheets everywhere with notes but maybe one guide to explain everything or just include in the reception e-mail.
- be careful with the window handles. we saw a coupe of broken ones. They spin and are not the pull out style.
- bring slippers. It's plywood where rugs don't cover.
- there are signs of mice activity. Just careful to wash whatever dishes/cutlery you will be using. (This is normal in the FOREST)
- water pressure from shower and faucets are weak but is expected since it's mentioned it's being pumped from the lake.
We would love to come back in the Summer to do a hiking trip and also try to get back there in the Winter. It's really an amazing cabin and would recommend this place to everyone.
A bit more care to the property is needed. The site and location to hiking makes it ideal and it would be nice to come back to a setting where things works. The cabin is mostly finished. Should finish the project.
I spent two nights in this beautiful cabin with my boyfriend and it was just amazing - amazing location, very private, and there was everything what we needed. Cabin is very clean and cozy, we will go there again for sure. Michaela
Close to Joffre Lakes Hiking. Three glacier lakes. Back country activities.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 29 2017 - Sep 3 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$153|
Please note an additional $60 fee includeds: cleaning fee, fire wood and taxes.
More than two adults will be an additional cost of $25 per person per night.